Speedmap megawads recommendations?

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
DBThanatos

Speedmap megawads recommendations?

Post by DBThanatos »

Im one of those crazy people who play Doom on my cellphone when I have idle time at work. However, my phone isnt super powerful by any means, and I've noticed that small maps are the best thing for performance there.

I played Khorus Speedy Shit several times already, and while it's great for my purposes (small, non labirynthic maps, not a lot monsters at the same time), I just want to play other stuff. But Im rather out of the loop regarding this stuff. I said "speedmaps" because they tend to be precisely like that, small, not too many monsters, compact yet progressive gameplay (sorta).

So, any recomendations would be appreciated! :D
zrakbz

Re: Speedmap megawads recommendations?

Post by zrakbz »

UnAligned. I won't elaborate too much here, I already wrote a huge-ass review of it on Doomworld (newstuff chronicles 530). :]
long story short, it's 27 vanilla UDoom levels made in 21 days, by an author known for clever concepts in his WADs. I recommend it.
DBThanatos

Post by DBThanatos »

Aha! Thanks a lot for that recommendation. I just started it and i noticed unaligned textures really doesn't bother me as i though it would :P

Now, the only problem is that since it for doom1, I'll be missing out on weapons and monsters :(
Hexereticdoom
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Hexereticdoom »

Hello, I played this one not too long ago and I think its a quite good compilation of speed maps:

https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/level ... s/200minvr

Some maps can be harsh to complete, but if you like challenges, it would be suitable for you. :wink:
Jimmy

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Jimmy »

Abyssal Speedmapping Sessions are pretty hit-or-miss, but I organised a couple of sessions (23 and 24) and they're generally good fun.

Also there's Joy of Mapping 1, 2 and 3, which are compilations of quickly-made maps mostly by beginner mappers.

Return to “General”