[GZDoom] Shadowmaps - how resource hungry are they?

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
Tormentor667

Re: [GZDoom] Shadowmaps - how resource hungry are they?

Post by Tormentor667 »

Thanks so much for your dedication dpJudas!
dpJudas

Post by dpJudas »

You're welcome, Torm. :)
camaxide

Post by camaxide »

Yes thanks indeed, the shadowmap is a really amazing feature I never expected to be implemented in good old Doom :)
would it be possible to make a flag to linedefs that would tell shadowmaps to thread a doube-sided linedef as a one-sided one? thus making it block lights? (but without making it actual one-sided with all effects this gives).
The effect of shadowmaps are really giving an awesome effect, and a few places it would be nice to force a shadow, even if it is "top to toe" with a sector that is not entirely closed up.
dpJudas

Post by dpJudas »

I see no technical limitations preventing adding this. There's some code right now that filters out all double-sided lines. That code just needs to take the flag into account and that should do the trick. I don't know if there's any catch to adding additional flags to linedefs, though.
camaxide

Post by camaxide »

dpJudas wrote:I see no technical limitations preventing adding this. There's some code right now that filters out all double-sided lines. That code just needs to take the flag into account and that should do the trick. I don't know if there's any catch to adding additional flags to linedefs, though.
I'm sure Graf Zahl has insight on that :)
camaxide

Post by camaxide »

dpJudas: I placed a suggestion to feature on this, you can see it on: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=57593

Return to “General”