New map for ZD-based ports.

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
i387

New map for ZD-based ports.

Post by i387 »

Infestation
--------------

I released a 9-level episode for the original Ultimate Doom back in 1997 called ITD (Industrial Techware Doom). By today's standards, it is seriously lacking in the detail department. But earlier last month I decided to go through, one-by-one and remake each map with modern tools for modern Doom ports. "Infestation" is the first map I decided to work on, which was originally E1M7 in ITD.

It will probably be several months before anything else is released, but I wanted to throw out this "teaser".

http://www.industrialtechware.com/files/itd-r20u.zip - Original ITD (1997-11-20), runs on vanilla Ultimate Doom or port with Doom 1 IWAD

http://www.industrialtechware.com/files/Infest.zip - Infestation (2003-08-19), runs on any ZDoom-based port with Doom 1 IWAD[/url][/code]
Biff

Post by Biff »

Lots of great-looking detail and variety. Plenty of weapons and ammo, which still didn't save me in the end, I should have saved. :)
I only looked at the new version.
i387

Post by i387 »

Glad you like it! And yes, saving helps quite a bit if you've never played it before (as with any level).

FYI, it takes me about 20-25 minutes to complete on Ultraviolence.

And there is no real need to look at the old one, unless you want to see the other levels that I'll be redoing...
Hirogen2
Graphics Processor: Intel with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Hirogen2 »

For me, there is a lack of monsters, many empty areas (though, on skill 1/2), and I am also stuck. Can't find the yellow or blue key. Sorry, but this is nothing for me, personally. If others like it, .. well why not.
The Ultimate DooMer

Post by The Ultimate DooMer »

There's plenty of monsters on skill 4, though.

BTW, this map should run on any port (not just ZDoom) as there are no ZDoom-specific features in it.
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

The Ultimate DooMer wrote:There's plenty of monsters on skill 4, though.

BTW, this map should run on any port (not just ZDoom) as there are no ZDoom-specific features in it.

If it weren't in Hexen-style format it would.
Hirogen2

Post by Hirogen2 »

The Ultimate DooMer wrote:BTW, this map should run on any port (not just ZDoom) as there are no ZDoom-specific features in it.
There are ZDoom specific features. Look closer. (Hint: Fountains)
i387

Post by i387 »

Well, there shouldn't be any fountains in it. As said before, this wad is in Hexen-style format which is the ONLY reason that it won't run on other ports. If I realized that ZETH was going to do that, I wouldn't have used it.

The order of keys is blue, yellow, red. There is quite a bit to go through to get the blue one, though once you do you are over half through the map. The blue key is in a maze crusher room.
Hirogen2

Post by Hirogen2 »

Never mind, I ... mixed this up with Wolfen_p.wad...which was pretty Hexen plus those fountains.
Ultraviolet

Post by Ultraviolet »

Crash!

W_MapLumpNum: 2684356932 >= numlumps

That's a new one by me.
HotWax

Post by HotWax »

I played both the old version of the map and the new version. While there's nothing ZDoom-specific in the new version (and I can understand that if you want cross-port compatibility), you've improved the detail quite a bit, and made the level more interesting by adding more surprises and making it harder overall. It definately seems like your skills at mapping have improved and I look forward to playing all of the redesigned levels once you're done.
Zell

Post by Zell »

hmmmmm? i cant seem to play in ultimate doom. do i need doom1 or is ultimate doom ok?
Zell

Post by Zell »

errr well there is no new level. the episode is renamed, and sounds are replaced. but no level ...
Ultraviolet

Post by Ultraviolet »

Try going to E1M7.
Zell

Post by Zell »

X.X my copm crashes when i load e1m7 up. =(

Return to “General”