Intermission: A Retro FPS Podcast - E2M9 bonus episode out!

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
TerminusEst13

Intermission: A Retro FPS Podcast - E2M9 bonus episode out!

Post by TerminusEst13 »

(Logo by Kinsie)

A little over half a year ago, entirely on a whim, I asked Shivers and Kinsie "Hey, do you want to take an hour to record our opinions on things in the community?". They agreed and we ended up starting Intermission, a podcast dealing in retro FPSes and modding, with special emphasis on our very own beloved Doom and (G)ZDoom. One thing lead to another, and we ended up continuing on and making more, getting picked up by Doom Radio as a regular series.
As we recently started our second season, I figured it would probably be a good time to post about it here.

Have you ever looked at your daily schedule and thought, "Boy, I sure do like today, but what could REALLY make it better is an hour of nerds talking about their opinions?"
A content-focused podcast with the lowest bar of "content" possible, Intermission is a round-table discussion program that's part breakfast show and part talk show. Topics generally revolve around recent events in the community and our opinions on them, mods/things we've been working on and what we've dealt with when making them, and mods/games we've been playing and our thoughts on them. Tone and talk is light, which often gives way to a lot of taking the piss of things we're quite fond of and not a lot of dwelling on serious matters.
We're not experts by any sense of the imagination, our hardware is garage-sale-tier, and 90% of this is flying by the seat of our pants...but we have a lot of fun in chat and hopefully you can get a little bit of fun out of it as well. Because we're not experts, if you have any set of suggestions, feedback, criticisms, or topics you'd like to hear about, please feel free to let us know.

Full playlist from the start is here:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... LS0o5m7Kbv

If you don't like the music in the background, we're also hosted on (as mentioned before) Doom Radio, where all episodes are uploaded without music:
http://doomradio.org/series/intermission/

The debut episode of Season 2 is here:

The most recent episode is here:

Please enjoy.
Last edited by TerminusEst13 on Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:53 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Nash

Re: Intermission: A Retro FPS Podcast

Post by Nash »

Thanks, these will make my morning runs less boring. =D

EDIT:

Would it be too much work to put time stamps for each topic in the description?
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Kinsie »

Nash wrote:Would it be too much work to put time stamps for each topic in the description?
This has started happening as of E2M2.

Also! We don't know jack and/or shit about how to actually do podcast things, like "RSS feeds" and "being on podcast directories like iTunes". If any of you guys know how to handle this kind of thing, give us a yell!
DoukDouk

Post by DoukDouk »

This is perfect to listen to while working on mapping or coding! Light-hearted and fun.
Nems
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by Nems »

My favorite (and only) podcast to listen to. <3
Kinsie

Post by Kinsie »

By the by, if for some weird reason you like my dumb Youtube thumbnail imagery and want to use them as a wallpaper, I've uploaded all of them without the watermark.

Episode 1 in 720p resolution

In 1080p:
E1M9
E2M1
E2M2
Mikk-

Post by Mikk- »

Been a listener since day 1, made my day once when hexen souls got a mention! :wub:
Kinsie

Post by Kinsie »

TerminusEst13

Post by TerminusEst13 »

Nash wrote:Would it be too much work to put time stamps for each topic in the description?
I'll be doing this with every new upload! I'll probably not be able to go back and do it for all of the previous episodes, but for each new episode during editing I'll be trying to write down timestamps.
Mikk- wrote:Been a listener since day 1, made my day once when hexen souls got a mention! :wub:
Nems wrote:My favorite (and only) podcast to listen to. <3
DoukDouk wrote:This is perfect to listen to while working on mapping or coding! Light-hearted and fun.
Thanks very much, guys!
TerminusEst13

Re: Intermission: A Retro FPS Podcast - E2M4 out!

Post by TerminusEst13 »

E2M4 is up, featuring SmashBro, one of the developers behind Mega Man 8-Bit Deathmatch!

TerminusEst13

Re: Intermission: A Retro FPS Podcast - E2M5 out!

Post by TerminusEst13 »

Hello, friends! Were you looking for another podcast to brighten your evening with?

No?

Well, please accept this.

Nash

Post by Nash »

I think I know what topic is going to be in the next episode...
Kinsie

Post by Kinsie »

Nash wrote:I think I know what topic is going to be in the next episode...
Jokes on you, we recorded it last night, before any of the menu stuff happened!
TerminusEst13

Post by TerminusEst13 »

This time on Intermission, we have a special guest we somehow managed to rope in! It's almost like a real talk show!

TerminusEst13

Re: Intermission: A Retro FPS Podcast - E2M7 out!

Post by TerminusEst13 »

This episode took longer to get out than usual, due to IRL shenanigans, deadlines, and wanting to finish projects competing at the same time.
But to make up for it, we managed to somehow bring in a second professional industry worker into our midst. What in the world is happening? What is drawing these people to our nonsense joke-show where we crack jokes and make fun of things? What if we slip up and accidentally make fun of them? Well, we do. But they forgive me. I hope.

Return to “General”