Eternity Project looking for web help

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Eternity Project looking for web help

Post by Rachael »

Altazimuth wrote:Let's cut to brass tacks. https://www.doomworld.com/eternity/ is exceptionally outdated, and its temporary disappearance highlighted just how badly it needs replacing. I don't like it, Quasar doesn't like it, nobody I know likes it, and it doesn't even have the slight charm that's carried by the sort of older sites that make use of the marquee and/or blink elements.

We need a new website, but the Quasar and I are confident in our total lack of skills in web design, and it's hard to commit yourself to something you're bad at when there are other things you have to do for the same project that you're better at and will enjoy more. Suggestions are encouraged, be they frameworks, or themes for frameworks, that would be suited to task, or any other ideas you think may help.

What I think personally think we could do with:
  • A nice dark theme
  • A decent way of displaying a bunch of pretty screenshots on the index that show off Eternity's renderer, be they a slideshow-type dealie with arrows on the left/right of image or a more Steam front-page interface with the dots at the bottom of the image
  • Links to this subforum, and the wiki, and other Eternity-related things as the header
I personally would like static hosting (which would mean we could use a free host like gh-pages or the like, and would also be faster), but I think we should do whatever is needed just to get a site that doesn't look awful out there.
They kind of seem to be favoring Bootstrap - since I don't do Bootstrap I figured I'd put this out there and see if there's anyone willing to help out who does not visit the Doomworld forum regularly.
DaMan

Re: Eternity Project looking for web help

Post by DaMan »

https://bestmotherfucking.website > web 2.0
Unless they're trying to con some venture capitalist its fine to me.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

Well that's one person's opinion. Luckily, we can all agree to disagree.
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

Let's just say that even for a "simple" website the layout is atrocious.

Return to “General”