demo recording

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
cccp_leha

demo recording

Post by cccp_leha »

Quickly, how do you record a demo with ZDoom, and will it work cross-version (47 ->38 or whatever). Thanks. I know that there is no such thing as a dumb question, although this seems to be one.

EDIT: OK dumbass, should have looked into zdoom.txt (duh) but the second question is still there.
Biff

Post by Biff »

There probably is no problem going from 47 > 38, although there could be if some particular specials or other newer features are used. But you might be asking about playing older demos on current zdoom, like 38 > 47? I guess it'll work in that case.
cccp_leha

Post by cccp_leha »

I meant if I record a demo in 47, and playback is done in ~38 would it go out of sync (don't see why though) or not work at all. Of course, not looking at the features which might have been added 38 -> 47.
Hirogen2
Graphics Processor: Intel with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Hirogen2 »

Yes it will go out of sync. That's what happens most of the times a new version (of ZDoom not the demo format) is released. :? Really, I recorded one in 2.0.47 and it desynced in 47i. (Opposite version order of what you are demanding, but should be equal effect. Otherwise, just try and see.)

Return to “General”