Deadline: I will be accepting no more submissions after Sun 05/Feb @ 23:59 UTC
It has been suggested in my other thread that the front page for ZDoom hosts a few select screenshots to show what the ZDoom & GZDoom & its derivatives are capable of.
I could come up with a few screenshots of my own - but - why do that when there's an endless number of people who want to show some things off on their own? If you've been looking for an opportunity for a shameless plug - this is it.
So - here are the rules:
1) Keep this thread on topic. This is for screeshots only. If you want to discuss them, please start another thread.
2) If enough screenshots are submitted, I may even turn this into a competition where the community gets to vote on the best shots.
3) Keep in mind - there is no guarantee that these will be put on the front page. It's currently a desired plan, but that plan has not yet been fleshed out. This thread is to solicit submissions.
4) You may submit screenshots of your own map (in progress or completed), or someone else's (completed projects only!). No screenshots from "terrywads" (or similar type projects) will be accepted. No copyright-infringing screenshots will be accepted either.
- 4a) Gameplay mods are also accepted with the same rules as maps, as long as they have a unique enough HUD (mods such as Ultimate DoomVisor, D4D, etc)
- 4b) Graphic and weapon/monster replacement screenshots are accepted also.
5) The areas shown must be reachable by the player through normal progression of the map. (That means no no-clipping through the walls and taking a screenshot of the void, or a map's control/tele-ambush sectors)
6) Please provide a link to your mod, along with details about its required game engine (i.e. GZDoom) and its preferred settings (gl_lightmode, tonemap, bloom, exposure, etc)
7) Screenshots from any available renderer from the following engines are accepted: ZDoom, GZDoom, QZDoom, Zandronum, 3DGE, ECWolf. (ZDaemon and Odamex are accepted too, but please tone down their gamma settings)
8) You may take screenshots of commercial Doom/Doom2/Heretic/etc maps - however, the areas must be exceptionally notable, whether for its architecture or for other features. Please do not show screenshots of glitched features (like span floodfills common in Heretic and some parts of "Nirvana" in Doom2) - using these screenshots to show off GL Brightmaps/Lights in these areas is a plus.
9) Make sure I can actually obtain and download the image! Advertising-heavy sites such as ImageShack and PhotoBucket are completely inaccessible for me. I recommend Imgur, Dropbox, Google Drive, or OneDrive - I usually have no problems downloading from those.
10) Quality, quality, quality. We're trying to show off the beauty of our beloved game engine - not the garish textures and poor design choices that some mappers are capable of.
If you think it looks good with bloom and tonemaps - turn it on! Make it shine. Don't overblow the effects so much though, that they pretty much remove any discernible detail from an image.
11) There is no limit to how many screenshots you may submit for consideration. But please keep in mind #10.
12) Rules may be amended and updated by the forum staff at any time at their discretion.