It's the hype your inferior mod because KDiZD rules thread!

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.

Postby Doom » Mon Feb 28, 2005 4:47 pm

Both look great but your model is much lower in foxel/voxel count, doesn't rotate and has no round parts ;)
User avatar
Doom
Give me 80's metal or give me death
 
Joined: 22 Sep 2003
Location: Stuffed in your ass

Postby Phoenix » Mon Feb 28, 2005 4:52 pm

hmm? i wasn't talking about my foxel models :P

my point was, since the spinning voodoo doll in blood is small, if you look at it up close it stops looking so neat and starts looking like.....the letter X zoomed in 543,432,112%, or something..:P

hm.
User avatar
Phoenix
omg album art
 
Joined: 28 Sep 2004
Location: nowhere

Postby Doom » Mon Feb 28, 2005 4:55 pm

The question is; would you really need to get THAT close to a voxel?...
User avatar
Doom
Give me 80's metal or give me death
 
Joined: 22 Sep 2003
Location: Stuffed in your ass

Postby Phoenix » Mon Feb 28, 2005 4:58 pm

...................okay, point. *doom wins*

by the way, getting any foxel model to rotate is a matter of a few script lines and a map spot.

i've just chosen not to rotate that shotgun as it needs to sit parallel to the wall.
User avatar
Phoenix
omg album art
 
Joined: 28 Sep 2004
Location: nowhere

Postby Doom » Mon Feb 28, 2005 5:11 pm

Rotating foxels, neat :D . Just wondering, can you kinda "copy and paste" them or you would have to make new ones everytime needed?
User avatar
Doom
Give me 80's metal or give me death
 
Joined: 22 Sep 2003
Location: Stuffed in your ass

Postby Phoenix » Mon Feb 28, 2005 5:17 pm

just do a big old selection drag over the whole thing and paste it somewhere else :)

and, you can use the rotate selection button (at least in DB) to rotate the group of foxels, and they'll keep their correct position relative to each other, so you can stick them at whatever angle you want.

i'm trying to figure out how to load the kvx format still.. once i do that i should be able to fairly easily convert kvx models to foxels..
User avatar
Phoenix
omg album art
 
Joined: 28 Sep 2004
Location: nowhere

Postby Lexus Alyus » Mon Feb 28, 2005 6:26 pm

Is the shotgun thing going to be like an RE style trap? Hmmm, maybe as you pick up the shotgun a bridge raises and you can only go a certain path, and then you could use a script that allows you to place the shotgun back, opening up your path again but meaning that you can inly use the shotgun for a certain part... then later on you can open it all up so the player can grab the shotgun again before he finishes with that area.

That happens in RE code veronica and is pritty cool as it means that you can only use the gun in a spacific place... maybe use and element of puzzle and skill for a certain task? Man, if only I had the motivation to make a map...

:twisted:
User avatar
Lexus Alyus
ROTGS 2 WILL definitely be finished... eventually :D
 
Joined: 15 Jul 2003
Location: Nottingham, UK

Postby Doom » Mon Feb 28, 2005 6:32 pm

Phoenix wrote:i'm trying to figure out how to load the kvx format still.. once i do that i should be able to fairly easily convert kvx models to foxels..


You would need the SLABSPRI source code I guess.
User avatar
Doom
Give me 80's metal or give me death
 
Joined: 22 Sep 2003
Location: Stuffed in your ass

Postby Phoenix » Mon Feb 28, 2005 6:50 pm

nah, Ken documents the format in the readme for slab6. it's just that i'm slow :P

but hey, i think i've got it 99%. i just need to fiddle around until i understand the other 1%. woot.

lexus: that sounds really cool, but that would be a grande olde ripoff ;)
User avatar
Phoenix
omg album art
 
Joined: 28 Sep 2004
Location: nowhere

Postby Doom » Mon Feb 28, 2005 7:04 pm

Now this is getting hot :mrgreen:
User avatar
Doom
Give me 80's metal or give me death
 
Joined: 22 Sep 2003
Location: Stuffed in your ass

Previous

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests