Reshade for GZDoom 2.0+ (1-24-16 update)

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
SyntherAugustus

Re: Reshade for GZDoom 2.0+ (1-24-16 update)

Post by SyntherAugustus »

I don't use the film grain or technicolor in my doom presets. Feel free to make something interesting though.
Zanieon
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Zanieon »

Version 2.0.1f2 was released today!

Bumping to update presets as well.
Jaxxoon R

Post by Jaxxoon R »

What are the changes from the previous version?
Zanieon

Post by Zanieon »

Jaxxoon R

Post by Jaxxoon R »

Uh... hey Zanieon, mind posting your personal settings? That "reshade assistant" thing has about the absolute worst interface I have ever seen on anything ever.
Zanieon

Post by Zanieon »

Yeah seems Crosire is not good at making a Friendly UI, i brainstormed a while to get that thing working properly in GZDoom.

BTW i can't post it because ReShade now doesn't injects separately for each game, all what you downloaded is the "master" thing and all what that assistant does now is put the OpenGL32.dll and ReShade.fx inside the game's executable folder to adress the injection to where ReShade's library is.
PooshhMao

Post by PooshhMao »

I really like the look of this, but having to rely on external tweaked (Windows-only) libraries is just too much of a hack for me to be able to take it seriously.
Average

Post by Average »

Noob question: I haven't updated Reshade since Blackfish's first post. I have updated GZDoom though. The question is will GZDoom or Reshade eventually break the other? I've really no idea how these programs work together... I just used what Blackfish originally supplied and it worked and now I'm a little apprehensive about updating. Is it a case of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"?
Zanieon

Post by Zanieon »

The injection of ReShade in GZDoom depends on that OpenGL32.dll which ReShade puts into GZDoom folder, so unless you move that DLL out, no matter you update GZDoom, ReShade will be injected.

When updating ReShade you just need pick the executable again and the awkward ReShade assistant will replace the old library, however you have to setup everything again as things may change between versions and make ReShade crash your game on loading.
Average

Post by Average »

Cheers for explaining. I'm quite happy with it as is. I think I'll just leave it alone.

:)
Freaklore1

Post by Freaklore1 »

Like Average,C343 and DoomKrakken i also think it would be nice to have this made into a wad/pk3/mod,even if its going to be a difficult task.

The fact that i need to mess around with the game files is too much effort for me and make me hesitate to download it.

Were not all proffesionals when it comes to files modifying,heck it took me quite awhile before i even managed to find out how to start any old DOS games with the DOSBOX emulator,then eventually i found a easier and quicker way to load these games without the bothersome steps to start it up.

Im not trying to be an *ss but it sure would come in handy and would be just faster and easier to load it has a mod + having an option inside the mod to change brightness and colors without the need of changing all those original files and would certainly give us all a favor by making this happen.

I know you guys and Wild Weasel said it might be difficult to do,but im sure its not impossible.

Sincerely,a doom fan who prefer taking things easy.
Jaxxoon R

Post by Jaxxoon R »

What you're asking for is literally impossible considering this is an external program injecting these post-processing effects.
_mental_

Post by _mental_ »

Indeed it's impossible because ReShade is closed source software. Until its source code isn't released under the compatible license, there is no chance that some parts of ReShade will be incorporated into GZDoom.
It's possible however to implement post-processing in GZDoom from scratch, but good luck with finding someone who will do it.
Freaklore1

Post by Freaklore1 »

Then why not create a program that will link/connect Reshade with Zdoom.

I dunno,changing the original game files seem a bit risky for me and all those text files look like Klingon to me.

If i decide to go the way you guys do it,i'll have to copy the original datas and put them somewhere else incase i make a mistake,then mess around with all those datas...yeah nope,im not a computer wizard...so i'll pass on that until someone create a easier way to use Reshade without all the shenanigans.

I saw a lots of gaming programs while being on internet,stuffs that everyone would have tought impossible years earlier but are now possible today,because here's the thing...nothing is impossible.
Caligari87
Admin
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Caligari87 »

ReShade is the program connecting/linking to GZDoo, why do we need a 3rd one?

Is it really that hard to back up your GZDoom folder yourself before trying it? It's 2016, "I'm not a computer wizard" is possibly the most bullshit excuse you could come up with in this circumstance. Copy-paste, try the program, and if you don't like it or something breaks just delete the folder and re-copy your backup. It's not rocket science.

8-)

Return to “General”