wouldnt it it be cool if they add these games

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
NiGHTMARE

Post by NiGHTMARE »

Lumpy: I'm sure you're probably aware of this, but there's actually quite a few more Build games than the ones you listed :) Of the top of my head, these include Blood, and Witchaven 1 & 2.
Death Mage

Post by Death Mage »

*points Nightmare to the post that he made*
ALthough if you want to get technical, there is also the Fate demo that I didn't list. Fate was never completed.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

There's also Powerslave. Nobody's ever mentioned Powerslave.
Death Mage

Post by Death Mage »

Actually, I did..

*sighs that nobody actually read that huge post of mine.*
Lexus Alyus

Powerslave? Powerslave!

Post by Lexus Alyus »

Can you actually get Powerslave on the PC? I mean, actual proper legal copy (not of a weraz page). I played Exhumed on the playstation and loved it to hell, it's great, cool music. Powerslave is the same, but I never heard anything of it's release on the PC. Did they actually ship it on the PC?

I know that you probobly can't get it in the box (legal copy) now, but could you ever get it? Was it ever released on the PC? I just want to play it with all the cutscenes and music and speech and stuff (which aren't in the illigal version).

Sorry, that's totally irrelivent :-D.

:twisted:
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Quite a cool site I found a while back that lists most, if not all, the build games and has DL's of demo versions of many.

http://jonof.edgenetwork.org/build/

As for additional games I'd like to see supported by Zdoom - just Strife. OK, so not gonna happen, but if someone found a disk with the source on it at the bottom of their CD pile...

Other than that, yes, I'd love to be able to play a lot of other games with Zdoom style features (Blood would very high on that list) but the other game's I'd like to be able to play like that are based on different engines, so let them have their own ports, rather than squeeze them into Zdoom. There are a lot of people producing ports of a number of different games - lets just hope thay all turn out as good as Zdoom.
Death Mage

Post by Death Mage »

Wel, the thing with ZDooM is, we already have Heretic and HeXen support included.. makes people thirsty for more. ;) As for the Strife source, I found the reminants of the homepage of the makers fo Strife a few years back and asked about it.. it sounded like they'd want to release it, but didn't have everyone they needed for the permisions. If someone was truely passionete enough (or bored enough), one might try hunting them down again.
Sphagne

Post by Sphagne »

I'd be delighted if we could play Blood via zdoom at some point, Duke3D too but don't know if it's possible to fit that into zdoom code. The other games are probably better left to their original engines, zdoom as we know it probably could never be made to equal the original performance.
DoomScript+Unified-level-structure(TM)=Potencially anything you want.
randi
Site Admin

Post by randi »

What is a unified level structure?
Zell

Post by Zell »

[quote="Death Mage"]
Half-Life (yes, Half-Life is the Quake 1 engine)
[/qoute]

False. Early on they started with the Quake engine, but latter decided that they did not want to make a mod, they wanted to make an orginal game. So they took the quake engine apart. Only snippets of the engine are left in the current HL version.
Death Mage

Post by Death Mage »

But it's still the Quake 1 engine, heavilly modified.
Cyb

Post by Cyb »

the half-life engine is entirely based on the quake engine (it was never valve's intent to make a mod), with the exception of the netcode which is based on q2's (valve actually licensed both engines from id, though for whatever reason didn't use q2 as much). however they rewrote a LOT of stuff (models, a good deal of rendering, the software engine, modding capabilities), so it's something like 70% new code, but still largly based on the quake engine. the hl2 engine, however, I believe is coded from scratch, with the exception of the physics engine which uses the same that will be used in deus ex 2 (the name escapes me at the moment however).
Death Mage

Post by Death Mage »

Havoc, if memory serves. But it's easy enough to look up if I'm wrong.. but CSI Season 2 came out today, so I don't wanna get up. ;)
Zell

Post by Zell »

=p i need to read better i guess lol
yeah, they made the HL2 Engine from scracth(exactly why it has taken 6 years to make it)
Man...big choice...HL2 Or D3...ya know what? I like them both lol. Totally diffrent games so..
Death Mage

Post by Death Mage »

Id doesn't have what it takes to make a good game anymore. Last good game they made was DooM ][ (which is why so many of us still play it. :P). I don't think they have what it takes to make a good game with the right "DooM mood" anymore.

Now, Half-Life 2 is another story. The people at Valve are still very passionete. Half-Life 2 is gonna be one of the best games made, and a VERY hard act to follow. DooM 3 will LOOK shiney, but I have serious doubts about how good of a game it'll be.

Return to “General”