Ultimate Simplicity HUD question

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
Taggart

Ultimate Simplicity HUD question

Post by Taggart »

I've got a personal HUD I'd like to use for US, but when I load it it tells me to turn off the standard doom HUD. Being as my HUD replaces the standard, would it be possible to bypass this and use my personal HUD in the WAD?
Ed the Bat
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Ultimate Simplicity HUD question

Post by Ed the Bat »

It would require rewriting the ACS in Simplicity. And, as it just so happens, I did exactly that. I didn't release it because I'd feel more comfortable getting Agent Spork's consent first, if I'm editing his work, but...
Taggart

Post by Taggart »

how would I go about doing that? I don't know a thing about ACS :lol:
SyntherAugustus

Post by SyntherAugustus »

There's a bit of an easier way. If it's a fullscreen hud, I made a copy/paste in the sbarinfo lump. Instead of Statusbar fullscreen, do "statusbar none, FullscreenOffsets". Then toggle the hud "off" to reveal your custom HUD.
Ed the Bat

Post by Ed the Bat »

blackfish wrote:There's a bit of an easier way. If it's a fullscreen hud...
Taggart wrote:Being as my HUD replaces the standard...
Patriot1776

Post by Patriot1776 »

I know I'm necro'ing a topic here, but has a 'No HUD' version of 'Ultimate Simplicity' ever been released? I'm really wanting to try playing through it with Doom RLA but the stupid HUD that Ultimate Simplicity forces upon you makes it too cumbersome, since you effectively are forced to play not knowing how much ammo you've got of anything. The HUD is the whole reason why I've never played this nice level pack in ages, because I want to try it with weapon packs and the HUD makes such a thing untenable.

If Agent Spork never did release a 'No HUD' version, would it be possible to use SBARINFO to nullify the USimplicity HUD so RLA's HUD shows fully?
Ed the Bat

Post by Ed the Bat »

As mentioned in the second post of the thread, the version I modified has, among other things, no restrictions on the HUD. So no, there's no official version with this update, but as far as I'm aware, this is the best you're going to get.
Patriot1776

Post by Patriot1776 »

Ed the Bat wrote:As mentioned in the second post of the thread, the version I modified has, among other things, no restrictions on the HUD. So no, there's no official version with this update, but as far as I'm aware, this is the best you're going to get.
Thanks much Ed. I just wasn't sure if your 'fix' was still available or not. Glad to hear it is. Now to give this levelpack a spin anew.
DREEMURR_ASRIEL

Post by DREEMURR_ASRIEL »

Hello! After 2 years i write in this topic. But there is my recompiled version of Ultimate Simplicity fix from post by "Ed the Bat" above. This version has NO Simplicity Hud. Enjoy. ^^
P.S. Sorry for my Bad English.
Worked link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1U6aAi ... CBX_Y8NK-U
Last edited by DREEMURR_ASRIEL on Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General”