Bug opening a thread in a discussion

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
Kappes Buur

Bug opening a thread in a discussion

Post by Kappes Buur »

From time to time I click on the little page symbol behind the poster's name under 'Last Post'
or I click on the last page number underneath the thread, under 'Topics', and it tells me
"No posts exist for this topic".
Chris
Operating System: Debian-like Linux (Debian, Ubuntu, Mint, etc) 64-bit
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan Support

Post by Chris »

My theory: KirbyX has finally been silenced by The Great Randy(it has been aweful quiet, don't ya think?), and because of the posts being deleted, it's messing up the page count, so that little link tries to send you to a page that doesn't yet exist, even though the thread thinks it's there.

Just A Thought(tm)
Hirogen2
Github ID: jengelh
Operating System: RedHat-like Linux (RHEL, Fedora, CentOS, etc) 64-bit
Graphics Processor: Intel with Vulkan Support

Post by Hirogen2 »

Something more weird happens to me:
A thread got a new reply, causing the index to jump from "show page 1 2" to "show page 1 2 3", so the arrow would take me to page 3. BUT, the newest post got onto page 2 (so there can't be a page 3)
The Ultimate DooMer

Post by The Ultimate DooMer »

Chris wrote:My theory: KirbyX has finally been silenced by The Great Randy(it has been aweful quiet, don't ya think?), and because of the posts being deleted, it's messing up the page count, so that little link tries to send you to a page that doesn't yet exist, even though the thread thinks it's there.

Just A Thought(tm)

I don't know, as some of his earlier posts (eg. railguns thread) are still there.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

(Corrected by the Absolinzee) Chris wrote:My theory: Mighty Duck X-treme has finally been silenced by The Great Randy

Not quite™.
Nanami

Post by Nanami »

<Nanami> Jesus Christ Kirby is a moron.
<SargeBaldy> omg, really?
<Bloodshedder> tell us something we don't know
<Nanami> The Absolinzee
<Nanami> New username because other members (including myself) cannot see my posts.
<Bloodshedder> um what
<Nanami> I think it was arranged so that nobody can see anything Kirby posts because nobody likes him and he registered a new name because he's too dumb to realize everyone hates him.
<Bloodshedder> hahahahahaha
<Bloodshedder> why can't he just be banned
<Bloodshedder> he certainly deserves it

Although I do have a weird bug that when I click "Reply" or "Quote" or anything it takes me back to the main forum page and I have to go back and do it again to actually post.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

<Serenity> Jesus Christ Nanami is too moronic to say "Mighty Duck X-treme."

<Sonic> omg really? She's not even as gorgeous as you are, and she never will be.

<Sonic> My thought's on this, $5 says Doomworld will think they rock cause they won't forgive him for his sins, and not realize their forums are being run by a bunch of moderators who are fucking titwits who will never in their lives play or even test a super top secret Doom mod* we are working are... AND IT'S GOING TO BE THE BEST DOOM MOD EVER CREATED.

<Joey> *drools* MAN THIS BABY LOOKS AWESOME!!!

<Joey> Too bad Ultraviolet and BBG made a bunch of cruel and uncalled for commets at our master when master made an announcement of his project in the works. *taunting at Ultraviolet and BBG*

<Sonic> GO AWAY.

*Laughing* Now THAT was pure comedy gold!

<Sonic> And BBG is truly a HUGE FAG who needs to go swim in a pool of shit

<Serenity> Heh :Þ

<Serenity> /me commits arson at the DW forums.

<Serenity> And here's some words to whoever banned master:

BLEED MORTAL!!

*Doomworld's dsm killed by Serenity*

<Serenity> Now where were we... oh yes... ORGY!!!!!
randi
Site Admin

Post by randi »

This is not Doomworld. Leave your baggage behind. So you were banned there. Get over it.

And I might add, posting stuff like this does not help you any.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Heh, you didn't even do *anything* to me except place a bug on my old account, now go fix it before Serenity gives you the exact same beating dsm suffered. >:-]

What are you going to do about my free-speech NOW, Mr. Great Randy? Bleed on me?
Nanami

Post by Nanami »

Just ban his IP already... it's bad enough he spams every thread and disrespects everyone but when you say things like "Please settle down" and he replies with "I demand you fix my other account, and now I will now taunt you," something ought to be done.
Mancubus II

Post by Mancubus II »

*sigh*

That conversation you posted REALLY doesn't help you out, as Randy said. And if you put a mod out for the public to play, you can bet people at doomworld will play it too. All people are asking is that you make legitimate posts and be more respectful of others. It's a little too late now unfortunately, so now it's best that you suffer such consequences. I mean, we all love the Zdoom forums, but there must be something else for you to do with your time than spam the bejesus out of it.

And now I apologize for making this post. Not my style...
zarcyb

Post by zarcyb »

The Absolinzee wrote:Heh, you didn't even do *anything* to me except place a bug on my old account, now go fix it before Serenity gives you the exact same beating dsm suffered. >:-]

What are you going to do about my free-speech NOW, Mr. Great Randy? Bleed on me?

Jesus christ... why don't you just, sorry if I'm a bit blunt here, go to hell? Nobody cares about your Doomworld banning here, and if they did, nobody would do anything about it. Because you deserved it. Randy is the owner of these forums and you have no right to talk to him like that, you're just being an ass. Quit while you're not banned. Do us all a favour.
GooberMan

Post by GooberMan »

I think there's already been more flamewars on these new forums than the old forums... :P
Ultraviolet

Post by Ultraviolet »

Hey, you know, we could all go on pretending we can't see him.
Bio Hazard

Post by Bio Hazard »

[quote= "ultraviolet"]Hey, you know, we could all go on pretending we can't see him.[/quote]

i can do that :D

[quote= "gooberman"]I think there's already been more flamewars on these new forums than the old forums... [/quote]

i dont ever remember any flaming at the old forums
but then again i dont pay attention! :D

Return to “General”