Another Question About Screenshots

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.

Another Question About Screenshots

Postby Anonymous » Wed Aug 13, 2003 7:08 pm

Whenever I type the command "screenshot" into the console, it does create one, but the console is included in it. Does anyone know how to create a screenshot that doesn't include the console? I read a previous post that said there is a file that will tell you what key combination to press without the console, but I can't find it. This is the only way I know how. Thanks in advance to anyone who helps.
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Aug 13, 2003 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anonymous

Postby HotWax » Wed Aug 13, 2003 7:13 pm

Bind a key to "screenshot" by typing something like this in the console:

bind F12 screenshot

Now whenever you press F12, a screenshot will be taken.
HotWax
Do what you must, and pay the price later.

Re: Another Question About Screenshots

Postby Biff » Thu Aug 14, 2003 9:02 am

fpsfan wrote:Whenever I type the command "screenshot" into the console, it does create one, but the console is included in it. Does anyone know how to create a screenshot that doesn't include the console? I read a previous post that said there is a file that will tell you what key combination to press without the console, but I can't find it. This is the only way I know how. Thanks in advance to anyone who helps.

The file you refer to is the zdoom (username).ini file. It's the only .ini file in your zdoom directory and it's all text so you can open it with notepad. By default, screenshots are bound to the "PrintScrn" key, also known as the "SysRq" key. You can bind to another key as UV says. (oops, I meant ST, must have been asleep)
Last edited by Biff on Thu Aug 14, 2003 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Biff
Caleb is back for a visit

Postby Ultraviolet » Thu Aug 14, 2003 9:53 am

What? I didn't say anything... Nice to know you were thinking of me though!
Ultraviolet
AKA "Faint"

Return to General