total conversion

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.

total conversion

Postby adx » Thu Aug 07, 2003 12:27 am

anybody knows if there's a good tc for zdoom. i could find one that's good. it would be better if there are new weapons and monsters rather than just a converted map.
adx
No Custom Title.

Postby ReX » Thu Aug 07, 2003 1:47 am

You can get information on 4 TCs and 1 PC for ZDooM at DooM Nexus. There are some that might argue about how "good" they are, but check them out for whatever they're worth.

The site also has info on two other PCs, plus other maps and mapsets.
ReX
Title? I don't need no steenkin' title!

Postby Xaser » Fri Aug 08, 2003 1:21 pm

Xaser
anarchivist

Postby wildweasel » Fri Aug 08, 2003 6:54 pm

Xaser wrote:MassMouth 2!!!

I concur! But get the first one too (Massmouth Do-Over), cuz they're both really good.
wildweasel
change o' pace.
Moderator Team Lead

Postby Zell » Fri Aug 08, 2003 6:57 pm

lol where is massmouth 1 avaible? i have been looking 4 it..
Zell
:O ALIVE[again]

Postby wildweasel » Fri Aug 08, 2003 6:57 pm

Uh...not sure of the exact place, but you can go to http://www.doomworld.com/idgames and run a search for MASSMDO ...
wildweasel
change o' pace.
Moderator Team Lead

Postby Enjay » Fri Aug 08, 2003 7:02 pm

Cyb has just released a "do over" of Massmouth to make it Zdoom 2.0.X compatible. I haven't DL'ed it yet, but here's the brief /newstuff article on it by the man himself:

http://www.doomworld.com/vb/showthread. ... adid=16751
Enjay
Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side which he never shows to anybody. Twain

Postby Cyb » Fri Aug 08, 2003 7:16 pm

heh, yeah I took like 2 years off from doom and a bunch of people wanted to know about my maps when I came back so I made a web page with them all and some screenshots, here's the specific page: http://doom.vect.org:8080/massm.html I haven't gotten around to making a massm2 page yet (I'm pretty sick of playing it, so I don't want to take any screenshots) so it's just a dl link to the latest (and hopefully final) version of the file (also in rar compression format so it's only 18 megs instead of 20 heh) oh that massm1 page also has a link to the original version of massm2 which has the original lowres sprites of some of the enemies and broken versions of the first two maps (in doom format) as well. not overly useful, but good for history or something I guess
Cyb

Postby David Ferstat » Sat Aug 09, 2003 8:50 am

ReX wrote:You can get information on 4 TCs and 1 PC for ZDooM at DooM Nexus. There are some that might argue about how "good" they are, but check them out for whatever they're worth.

1) ReX is being characteristically, if un-necessarily, modest. He has absolutely terrific wads on his pages, which they make excellent use of Zdoom features.

2) <jumps for joy> ReX is here at last! ReX is here at last! ReX is here at last! :) </jumps for joy>
David Ferstat
Oh dear, I think you'll find reality is on the blink again.

Return to General