Loading Blood ART files???

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.

Loading Blood ART files???

Postby pickle965 » Sat May 01, 2004 2:07 pm

I've been loading some Blood maps into ZDooM and I can't seem to get the art files to load. I am using -art in the command line. Here is my command line:
Code: Select allExpand view
C:\DooM\BUILD\zdoom.exe -file bb3.map -art tiles000.art tiles001.art tiles002.art tiles003.art tiles004.art tiles005.art tiles006.art tiles007.art tiles008.art tiles009.art tiles010.art tiles011.art tiles012.art tiles013.art tiles014.art tiles015.art
Even after I load all the Blood ART files, no textures show up in any Blood map and the console shows no ART files being loaded. Any suggestions?
pickle965

Postby randi » Sat May 01, 2004 3:50 pm

The -art parameter specifies the directory the art files are in, not the individual art files themselves. You should also use the -bpal parameter to load Blood's palette (but my testing just now looks like it might not be working properly). The -bpal parameter reads a normal Build palette.dat, which Blood doesn't come with, but you can find one easily enough with Google.

A fully working example looks like this for me:
Code: Select allExpand view
zdoom -file d:\games\blood\*.map -art d:\games\blood -bpal d:\games\blood\palette.dat
randi
Site Admin

Postby RFNagel » Sat May 01, 2004 8:25 pm

Well I'll be dipped in $%$# LOL! I never knew that you could load in Build engine maps, super cool -:)

Is there any documentation on this anywhere (or for any other obscure features such as this)? I've combed thru all of the docs that I have on ZDoom and never read anything about this before.
RFNagel
TeamTNT

Postby HotWax » Sun May 02, 2004 3:03 am

RFNagel: Before you get excited, this may appear to be more than it is. While ZDoom can read the Build maps, it doesn't support all their features. Instead, they are converted to Hexen-format maps and any feature that isn't supported is just dumped. Because of this, most maps won't work fully in ZDoom.
HotWax
Do what you must, and pay the price later.

Postby RFNagel » Sun May 02, 2004 10:55 am

Yeah, I noticed that the maps weren't playable after loading them in, but it's rather neat to walk thru them anyway -:)
RFNagel
TeamTNT

Return to General