Weeds General MIDI SoundFont v3.0 for SBLive/Audigy/Timidity

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
RFNagel

Re: Weeds General MIDI SoundFont v3.0 for SBLive/Audigy/Timi

Post by RFNagel »

Yep yep, the BASSMIDI Driver is the way to go, and blows the livin' crap out of Timidity IM(NotSo)HO :) Info and downloads are here -> http://bassmididrv.mudlord.info .

Note that if you happen to find any links on those pages that link to stuff on *my* site, refer to this -> http://www.simpilot.net/~richnagel/#server .
NeuralStunner

Discord: NeuralStunner#4201
Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by NeuralStunner »

Okay, so I saw "global volume slider" and was hoping for a dynamic volume control (tied to the Windows "SW Synth" channel) and was a bit disappointed.

I don't really care the BASSMIDI's lowpass. TM++ driver's isn't configurable either, but it's not so pronounced. :?

But eh, at least with the TM++ driver I can be sure things will sound the same when rendered through the GUI player. Which is what's important. I also discovered a trick to get the latency at almost nil, so that's not a concern. ;)
Gez

Post by Gez »

If you use FluidSynth, you can make sure it'll sound the same as when played in SLADE 3. :D
NeuralStunner

Discord: NeuralStunner#4201
Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by NeuralStunner »

To elaborate: I use the TiMidity++ player to render songs to wave (which I then process to OGG Vorbis).

Return to “General”