Marine Flaming Death

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
Lumpy

Marine Flaming Death

Post by Lumpy »

Ok ZDoom has ice death for the Doom marine. What I am wondering is if the flame death will ever be implimented. That and a flamedamage bit.
Mighty Duck X-treme

Post by Mighty Duck X-treme »

Ah. That would be perfect for a flamethrower weapon.
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Re: Marine Flaming Death

Post by Graf Zahl »

Lumpy wrote:Ok ZDoom has ice death for the Doom marine. What I am wondering is if the flame death will ever be implimented. That and a flamedamage bit.

The ice death could be easily hacked in (for both players and monsters) but for this a bunch of new graphics would be necessary. I agree it would be nice (especially for monsters!) but unless someone actually creates that stuff this won't be possible.
Cyb

Post by Cyb »

Graf Zahl wrote: The ice death could be easily hacked in (for both players and monsters) but for this a bunch of new graphics would be necessary. I agree it would be nice (especially for monsters!) but unless someone actually creates that stuff this won't be possible.
zdoom already has a generic ice death for all things (even breakable decorations) :P the only wad that currently uses it atm tho is massm2 (idfa and select weapon 6)

unless you meant s/ice/fire
Hirogen2
Graphics Processor: Intel with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Hirogen2 »

In fact, Massmouth 2 also already has the Flaming Death :P ROFL LOLZ
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

Hirogen2 wrote:In fact, Massmouth 2 also already has the Flaming Death :P ROFL LOLZ
Good one!!!
HotWax

Post by HotWax »

Cyb wrote:
Graf Zahl wrote: The ice death could be easily hacked in (for both players and monsters) but for this a bunch of new graphics would be necessary. I agree it would be nice (especially for monsters!) but unless someone actually creates that stuff this won't be possible.
zdoom already has a generic ice death for all things (even breakable decorations) :P the only wad that currently uses it atm tho is massm2 (idfa and select weapon 6)

unless you meant s/ice/fire
I think you misunderstood Graf. It took me about 3 times reading his first line to understand what he was saying in it. Let me rephrase for him:

"The ice death was added since it could be easily hacked in (for both the player and monsters), but to add flame deaths a bunch of new graphics would be necessary."

Make more sense, now?
Lumpy

Post by Lumpy »

Yea I see your point. It would be a lot of work. Just wishful thinking I guess. Actually I wish ZDoom would have that, and the disentagrating death from Strife.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

I got the disintegrating death in...I just replaced the gib frames. Though that's probably not what you wanted, was it? =P

Return to “General”