Cool mods people might have missed.

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.

Re: Cool mods people might have missed.

Postby eclipse » Tue May 31, 2016 4:36 pm

jeanlejeune1993 wrote: and was wondering if there was a mod that just made old school doom all around more sexy, maybe enhances the AI a little bit to increase the pace but without going as overboard as BD

Beautiful Doom?
eclipse

Postby 4thcharacter » Tue May 31, 2016 6:22 pm

Probably this is the first and last question I would ask about BD, but did someone make a patch that removes the annoying monsters and only the vanilla monsters?
Or am I have to do it for myself?

I'm kinda wanting to use the BD weapons but without those obnoxious monsters.
4thcharacter
"I have returned."

Postby wildweasel » Tue May 31, 2016 7:08 pm

I suspect that might be a huge undertaking, since a lot of Brutal is in the monster code.
wildweasel
change o' pace.
Moderator Team Lead

Postby Big C » Tue May 31, 2016 7:22 pm

jeanlejeune1993 wrote:...was wondering if there was a mod that just made old school doom all around more sexy, maybe enhances the AI a little bit to increase the pace but without going as overboard as BD...

I believe you would like Faspons.
Big C

Postby Lukario » Tue May 31, 2016 9:56 pm

Not sure if this is the right thread to ask this in, but are there any blood/gore mods that work with Smooth Doom? Droplets doesn't work anymore, and Ketchup never worked with it in the first place.
Lukario

Postby mutator » Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:36 am

Is there a mod where you play with heretic weapons, heretic hud, heretic items, sprites and monsters? I mean playing full heretic gameplay in doom2 maps?
mutator

Postby DoomRater » Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:48 pm

Try playing Samsara as Corvus, it's a really close experience. It won't get monsters, but maybe one day we'll see a monster selection too.
DoomRater
Hi, I'm bob.

Discord: DoomRater#6308

Postby mutator » Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:37 pm

DoomRater wrote:Try playing Samsara as Corvus, it's a really close experience. It won't get monsters, but maybe one day we'll see a monster selection too.

Is there no heretic mod that has full heretic gameplay other than just weapons and monsters?
mutator

Postby FaggoStorm » Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:48 am

mutator wrote:weapons and monsters?

Monsters? There aren't any special monsters, only normal Doom ones.
FaggoStorm
A faggot that likes the classic Doom.

Postby DoomRater » Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:57 pm

Pretty sure the person wants the Heretic monsters in Doom 2 maps, as well as Heretic items in Doom 2 maps, which after the response I got I have no idea how anyone is going to get those without completely remaping all the Doom 2 levels in Heretic.
DoomRater
Hi, I'm bob.

Discord: DoomRater#6308

Postby 4thcharacter » Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:14 pm

mutator wrote:
DoomRater wrote:Try playing Samsara as Corvus, it's a really close experience. It won't get monsters, but maybe one day we'll see a monster selection too.

Is there no heretic mod that has full heretic gameplay other than just weapons and monsters?

You can play your Heretic in Doom maps if you have SLADE and you know what you should do. It'll take a little bit of time but it's not that hard.
4thcharacter
"I have returned."

Postby Orangewaggs » Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:38 pm

Anyone know any good Doom 1 megawads? Looking to play some new levels in the original so i can use my music tracks to play to them. can't really find any that stand out, most are for Doom 2, etc. I would really like 2 or more episodes.
Also I'm looking for some decent Weapon mods from like the past maybe 2-3 years. I haven't frequented the doom community for a while so I'm curious what has come out lately.
any help would be appreciated
Orangewaggs
Yay!

Postby mutator » Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:06 am

Orangewaggs wrote:Anyone know any good Doom 1 megawads? Looking to play some new levels in the original so i can use my music tracks to play to them. can't really find any that stand out, most are for Doom 2, etc. I would really like 2 or more episodes.
Also I'm looking for some decent Weapon mods from like the past maybe 2-3 years. I haven't frequented the doom community for a while so I'm curious what has come out lately.
any help would be appreciated

there is a mod called zion it has doom4 weapons but they are currently working on it :) I suggest you to try that one and there are many other mods in the project thread
mutator

Postby Murix » Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:40 am

Anyone know where that "Walljumping Minimod" went from OPs original comment?
Murix
Developing Ballad of Rhinestone

Postby durbdoogle » Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:00 pm

Murix wrote:Anyone know where that "Walljumping Minimod" went from OPs original comment?

I'm sure Wolfman will be by with it but here's something similar to tide you over, if you haven't tried it yet:

Xaser's Parkour mod

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=26057&hilit=parkour
durbdoogle

PreviousNext

Return to General