Cool mods people might have missed.

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
eclipse
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her
Operating System Version (Optional): where did the discord field go

Re: Cool mods people might have missed.

Post by eclipse »

jeanlejeune1993 wrote: and was wondering if there was a mod that just made old school doom all around more sexy, maybe enhances the AI a little bit to increase the pace but without going as overboard as BD
Beautiful Doom?
4thcharacter

Post by 4thcharacter »

Probably this is the first and last question I would ask about BD, but did someone make a patch that removes the annoying monsters and only the vanilla monsters?
Or am I have to do it for myself?

I'm kinda wanting to use the BD weapons but without those obnoxious monsters.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

I suspect that might be a huge undertaking, since a lot of Brutal is in the monster code.
Big C

Post by Big C »

jeanlejeune1993 wrote:...was wondering if there was a mod that just made old school doom all around more sexy, maybe enhances the AI a little bit to increase the pace but without going as overboard as BD...
I believe you would like Faspons.
Lukario

Post by Lukario »

Not sure if this is the right thread to ask this in, but are there any blood/gore mods that work with Smooth Doom? Droplets doesn't work anymore, and Ketchup never worked with it in the first place.
mutator

Post by mutator »

Is there a mod where you play with heretic weapons, heretic hud, heretic items, sprites and monsters? I mean playing full heretic gameplay in doom2 maps?
DoomRater

Post by DoomRater »

Try playing Samsara as Corvus, it's a really close experience. It won't get monsters, but maybe one day we'll see a monster selection too.
mutator

Post by mutator »

DoomRater wrote:Try playing Samsara as Corvus, it's a really close experience. It won't get monsters, but maybe one day we'll see a monster selection too.
Is there no heretic mod that has full heretic gameplay other than just weapons and monsters?
FaggoStorm

Post by FaggoStorm »

mutator wrote:weapons and monsters?
Monsters? There aren't any special monsters, only normal Doom ones.
DoomRater

Post by DoomRater »

Pretty sure the person wants the Heretic monsters in Doom 2 maps, as well as Heretic items in Doom 2 maps, which after the response I got I have no idea how anyone is going to get those without completely remaping all the Doom 2 levels in Heretic.
4thcharacter

Post by 4thcharacter »

mutator wrote:
DoomRater wrote:Try playing Samsara as Corvus, it's a really close experience. It won't get monsters, but maybe one day we'll see a monster selection too.
Is there no heretic mod that has full heretic gameplay other than just weapons and monsters?

You can play your Heretic in Doom maps if you have SLADE and you know what you should do. It'll take a little bit of time but it's not that hard.
Orangewaggs

Post by Orangewaggs »

Anyone know any good Doom 1 megawads? Looking to play some new levels in the original so i can use my music tracks to play to them. can't really find any that stand out, most are for Doom 2, etc. I would really like 2 or more episodes.
Also I'm looking for some decent Weapon mods from like the past maybe 2-3 years. I haven't frequented the doom community for a while so I'm curious what has come out lately.
any help would be appreciated
mutator

Post by mutator »

Orangewaggs wrote:Anyone know any good Doom 1 megawads? Looking to play some new levels in the original so i can use my music tracks to play to them. can't really find any that stand out, most are for Doom 2, etc. I would really like 2 or more episodes.
Also I'm looking for some decent Weapon mods from like the past maybe 2-3 years. I haven't frequented the doom community for a while so I'm curious what has come out lately.
any help would be appreciated
there is a mod called zion it has doom4 weapons but they are currently working on it :) I suggest you to try that one and there are many other mods in the project thread
Murix

Post by Murix »

Anyone know where that "Walljumping Minimod" went from OPs original comment?
durbdoogle

Post by durbdoogle »

Murix wrote:Anyone know where that "Walljumping Minimod" went from OPs original comment?
I'm sure Wolfman will be by with it but here's something similar to tide you over, if you haven't tried it yet:

Xaser's Parkour mod

http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f= ... it=parkour

Return to “General”