HeXen FONT!!!!

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
ShadesMaster

HeXen FONT!!!!

Post by ShadesMaster »

Hey guys, is there anywhere online I can download a HeXen-style font for use in photoshop or Microsoft Word? I want to make an HTML document in the same style as the HeXen instructions for my Necrosis.wad - it will reveal some - and I mean only SOME - of the new monsters and weapons to be found in the add-on. That, as well as 'new' gameplay features like crouching (which WILL be required to progress through some levels to finish the mod)....
jallamann

Re: HeXen FONT!!!!

Post by jallamann »

that would mean that everyone has to download the font in question to view it "properly" if you want to use it on your website.
Chris
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Chris »

jallamann wrote:that would mean that everyone has to download the font in question to view it "properly" if you want to use it on your website.
Not if it's part of an image via photoshop. Though I think a Hexen ttf font would fit nicely next to the Doom ttf font I have...
jallamann

Post by jallamann »

but then, text versus image is a battle between the bandwidths. which the text wins.
Chris

Post by Chris »

jallamann wrote:but then, text versus image is a battle between the bandwidths. which the text wins.
Unless you want the font to be viewed right, in which case an image (or a PDF) wins. ;)
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

Unfortunately, this kind of thing actually justifies the existence of that blasphemous PDF format*. ;P

/me wonders if he should bring up his whole "curse Adobe!" debate again. ;P

Eh, there's loads of free PDF readers out there that are better, anyway. So no biggie, thankfully.

*Project Dark Fox: no, not you. ;P*
DoomRater
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by DoomRater »

Foxit Reader and Nodobe firefox plugin.

Just Say No to Abode Reader.
Ceeb

Post by Ceeb »

I too use Foxit. It even works within Firefox.
leileilol
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by leileilol »

i hear theres this flash thing
Chris

Post by Chris »

leileilol wrote:i hear theres this flash thing
Flash is even worse than PDF.
ShadesMaster

Post by ShadesMaster »

Yeah but I still need to find a HeXen font to be able to USE in photoshop!
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

leileilol wrote:i hear theres this flash thing
Which, coincidentally, I conveniently have not updated since a certain unnamed company acquired it. Purposely, of course. :o
Gez

Post by Gez »

Xaser wrote:Unfortunately, this kind of thing actually justifies the existence of that blasphemous PDF format*. ;P
Well, not exactly. There is the Postscript format after all. (Then there is also dvi, but only Linux nerds have heard of it.)

Also, "PDF format" is, like "PIN number", a victim of the RAS syndrome.
Siggi
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them

Post by Siggi »

IMO what viewer you use for PDF files is pretty trivial, the point is its a great format for documents where the author doesn't have to worry about what fonts and whatever are installed on the viewers machine. If I'm looking for a document, I usually first look for a PDF file, because I know it's the most likely to work. Some of the lecturers at my university still upload their notes and stuff in .doc (or even worse .docx) or .ppt, it's situations like these that the PDF format becomes truly appreciated.

Other than possibly slowing down the "internet experience" a bit, I honestly don't see what's so bad about flash anymore.
(Assuming of course, it's used correctly which could be said about many things used to build websites).
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

Siggi wrote:Other than possibly slowing down the "internet experience" a bit, I honestly don't see what's so bad about flash anymore.
(Assuming of course, it's used correctly which could be said about many things used to build websites).
Flash has been abused by so many webmasters that any addons which block it rightfully do so. Flash is used to load popups, annoy the living fuck out of a visitor, and even in some cases hijack the browser or system. (The latter has been fixed, but it's happened before)

If a site that I visit has Flash, I generally assume that in most cases, I'm missing nothing by unblocking it.

Return to “General”