ZDoom Wiki Thread

We sure do have a lot of rules and guidelines threads - find them all here, and please make sure you've read them! Also, community-wide announcements (that aren't major ZDoom News) go here as well.
Cutmanmike
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

ZDoom Wiki Thread

Post by Cutmanmike »

I've made about five of these in the past so let's just stick with one... Heh. Stick.

Talk about everything and anything to do with the ZDoom wiki here.
Cutmanmike

Re: ZDoom Wiki Thread

Post by Cutmanmike »

I changed the layout of the Hudmessagepage yesterday because I thought it was pretty confusing. Anyone think it's any better? Think you can do it better? Go for it :)
Gez

Post by Gez »

Hey, Randy (or anyone else with admin powers on the wiki, but I think that's just Randy): could it be possible to fix the "[wiki]Template:Title[/wiki]" bug? The page exists, as you can see; but if you look at wanted pages, you'll see it listed. It has pretendedly one link, but if you follow it, you'll find none. I made it give the pages that use it the [wiki]Category:Annoying_pages[/wiki], but there are no pages belonging to it.

So, in short, we have a page that is 1. existing, 2. linked to by nobody, 3. listed to as wanted.
Last edited by Gez on Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Skippy

Post by Skippy »

I shifted the note about the HudMessage's 'box' to before the explanation of the co-ordinates, as that particular section was referring to the box before the box itself was explained. Apart from that, it's a great improvement.

I'm thinking that, for the co-ordinates, a [wiki]SBARINFO[/wiki]-style screen layout guide would be handy. What do you think?
Cutmanmike

Post by Cutmanmike »

Go for it dude. I never use SBARINFO so I don't know how I'd like to read it. :)
CaptainToenail

Post by CaptainToenail »

Can we have some documentation about
PowerMorph.MorphStyle
please?

There is no explanation of what options there are, and what they do. I really need this info for my Mario project, as I am experiancing some problems with PowerMorph
randi
Site Admin

Post by randi »

Gez wrote:[wiki]Template:Title[/wiki]
Sorry, I don't know anything about that. I thought the rebuildLinks.php maintenance script looked like the best candidate for resolving something, but it didn't do anything.
Cutmanmike

Post by Cutmanmike »

CaptainToenail wrote:Can we have some documentation about
PowerMorph.MorphStyle
please?

There is no explanation of what options there are, and what they do. I really need this info for my Mario project, as I am experiancing some problems with PowerMorph
Contact MartinHowe, I believe he coded all the morphprojectile stuff.
MartinHowe

Post by MartinHowe »

CaptainToenail wrote:Can we have some documentation about
PowerMorph.MorphStyle
please?

Err... :?
The PowerMorph Wiki Entry wrote:They are summarised here; for full details and additional notes, please refer to the MorphProjectile class.
They share the same flag bits and notes, so repeating them in two Wiki entries was considered a maintainance threat (i.e., what if the two copies of the same description get out of step?)
Gez

Post by Gez »

randy wrote:
Gez wrote:[wiki]Template:Title[/wiki]
Sorry, I don't know anything about that. I thought the rebuildLinks.php maintenance script looked like the best candidate for resolving something, but it didn't do anything.
Strange. I really wonder what causes this. Oh well.
Zhs2
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support
Location: Maryland, USA, but probably also in someone's mod somewhere

Post by Zhs2 »

The page [wiki]Actor_properties[/wiki] doesn't have a link to Weapon defined properties, like [wiki]Actor_flags[/wiki] does at the very bottom. Both do indeed have links to [wiki=Classes:Inventory]Inventory properties[/wiki], though (As well as correctly linking to PlayerPawn-defined properties, as well.) It was giving me a major headache when I didn't know where to look for weapon defined properties before. =(
Gez

Post by Gez »

Zhs2 wrote:The page [wiki]Actor_properties[/wiki] doesn't have a link to Weapon defined properties, like [wiki]Actor_flags[/wiki] does at the very bottom. Both do indeed have links to [wiki=Classes:Inventory]Inventory properties[/wiki], though (As well as correctly linking to PlayerPawn-defined properties, as well.) It was giving me a major headache when I didn't know where to look for weapon defined properties before. =(
That's because it said that inventory types have their own properties, and weapon is an inventory type... But I've clarified it a bit more and specifically used Weapon as an example of an inventory with its own properties.
Cutmanmike

Post by Cutmanmike »

Am I the only one who thinks it's a pain in the arse having all the properties on different pages? I'm going to put them on this page under seperate headings and see what people think.
Cutmanmike

Post by Cutmanmike »

http://zdoom.org/wiki/Actor_properties

Yay or nay? If Yay then I'll do the same for the flags page.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

Cutmanmike wrote:http://zdoom.org/wiki/Actor_properties

Yay or nay? If Yay then I'll do the same for the flags page.
Personally, I like it the way you did it here. That's just me, though. :)

I know it sounds redundant, but I'd like to keep both the way you have it, and the information that came from its respective pages. I think there's a way to make duplicate items with the wiki (template, maybe?) that allow you to keep only one page for information but present that info on multiple pages.

Return to “Rules and Forum Announcements”