ZDoom Wiki Thread

We sure do have a lot of rules and guidelines threads - find them all here, and please make sure you've read them! Also, community-wide announcements (that aren't major ZDoom News) go here as well.
Gez

Re: ZDoom Wiki Thread

Post by Gez »

It shows for me.

When you don't seen an update on a page, edit the URL to call the "purge" action, e.g. for Classes it'll be https://zdoom.org/w/index.php?title=Cla ... tion=purge
ZZYZX

Post by ZZYZX »

It still doesn't have the section. But, puzzled by your post, I tried to log in and found out that it only happens when I'm logged out.
Rip and Tear

Post by Rip and Tear »

Should the DECORATE definitions for classes be replaced with Zscript?
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

From [wiki=ZScript_functions]here[/wiki]:
ZDoom Wiki wrote:NOTE: Calling subfunctions in ZScript is generally NOT recommended, i.e. calling another user-defined function within another. Doing so will take much more processing time and power, potentially slowing things down. This is imperative especially for common actors that may call the function all the time -- it may be better just to do all the functionality if possible within just one function instead and reorganizing the code to be more efficient.
Reading the above, I'm worried that modders will take this literally and not use sub-functions ever.

Rip and Tear wrote:Should the DECORATE definitions for classes be replaced with Zscript?
Yes, they should eventually.
Agentbromsnor

Post by Agentbromsnor »

I'm not sure if I can find more in regards to aspect-ratio on the ZDoom wiki, but I'm interested to know if there's a way to fix the "squished" Doom-sprites in GZDoom? It's not a big issue obviously, but I didn't want to devote an entire thread to this.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

Multiply the X or Y scale by 1.2, depending on which axis is squished.
Rip and Tear

Post by Rip and Tear »

You might want to look at pixelratio on https://zdoom.org/wiki/MAPINFO_options_ ... L_renderer
Agentbromsnor

Post by Agentbromsnor »

Thanks! I haven't seen that function before. Interesting.
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

Looks like I've been... BannedFromZDoom™.

For the record, Rachael made this account for me, due to the fact that it was initially banned from registering.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

I made the account because I assumed the security lockdown prevented any account whatsoever from being made. I could not find a ban entry on Lud, specifically.
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

Blue Shadow wrote:From [wiki=ZScript_functions]here[/wiki]:
ZDoom Wiki wrote:NOTE: Calling subfunctions in ZScript is generally NOT recommended, i.e. calling another user-defined function within another. Doing so will take much more processing time and power, potentially slowing things down. This is imperative especially for common actors that may call the function all the time -- it may be better just to do all the functionality if possible within just one function instead and reorganizing the code to be more efficient.
Reading the above, I'm worried that modders will take this literally and not use sub-functions ever.
I've assumed it would still be an improvement over giving custominventory items that do the same thing in a pickup state, which I've had plenty of actors do constantly already...

EDIT:
Custominventory hack that ends in "fail" >>> CI hack that ends with "stop"

ZScript direct >>> ZScript subfunction, by a factor of something like 2.1

ZScript subfunction >>>>>>>> any CI hack, to the point where the latter nearly breaks my computer with more intense tests long before the ZScript subfunction begins to be unplayable

EDIT: I've changed the wording of that warning, to include the above observations and to give more nuance to the problem.
Galaxy_Stranger

Post by Galaxy_Stranger »

On the DMFLAGS page, "Allow FOV" & "Big Powerups Respawn" share the same value: 524288. If someone could fix this, it would be awesome.
randi
Site Admin

Post by randi »

Hi, I just upgraded the MediaWiki installation from 1.27.1 to 1.29.1. Bye now.
Galaxy_Stranger

Post by Galaxy_Stranger »

I updated the Zdoom Dmflags page.
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

@Vaecrius: Was the warning [wiki=CVar_(ZScript)]here at the top of the page[/wiki] meant for FindCVar()?

Return to “Rules and Forum Announcements”