ZDoom Wiki Thread

We sure do have a lot of rules and guidelines threads - find them all here, and please make sure you've read them! Also, community-wide announcements (that aren't major ZDoom News) go here as well.
randi
Site Admin

Re: ZDoom Wiki Thread

Post by randi »

MartinHowe wrote:when I upgraded to 1.6.0, I found Slik SVN - WFM.
I was going to point out that CollabNet isn't the only link subversion.tigris.org provides for Windows binaries, but you beat me to it. SlikSVN is the other client. It also links to two server versions for Apache and a standalone server.
bagheadspidey

ZDoom Wiki Thread (Weapon.SlotNumber and Weapon.SlotPriority

Post by bagheadspidey »

From this thread (emphasis mine):
randi wrote:If you just want to add weapons and don't care if the old ones are still slotted, however, consider using Weapon.SlotNumber and Weapon.SlotPriority to let the weapon decide where it wants to go. No custom classes or KEYCONF required.
Weapon.SlotNumber and Weapon.SlotPriority are not on the [wiki]Weapon_properties[/wiki] page. SlotNumber is in the changelog and is pretty obvious, but I can't find SlotPriority... Is it the order of the weapon within the slot? Are high values first or low values?
randi
Site Admin

Post by randi »

0 puts it at the start of the slot, and 1 puts it at the end of the slot (as written with setslot). You can also use fractional values to put it somewhere in the middle.
bagheadspidey

Post by bagheadspidey »

Thanks... added.
DoomRater
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by DoomRater »

A_AlertMonsters does not note that it can be used on weapons directly now.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

I am seeing a lot of threads pop up lately asking about why people see a normal player instead of the sprite that they define for a playerclass, mostly when morphing.

I think some mention needs to be made in the wiki about it, but I am not sure the best way to go about it since there are 3 relevant pages in question, due to 3 methods of morphing. There might even be more than that. I would do this myself, otherwise...

Anyway... MorphActor (ACS version), PowerMorph (powerup version), MorphProjectile (targeted version).
Gez

Post by Gez »

The wiki has now its very own troll/vandal/general annoyance. Yay.
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

I've been looking at the changelog recently and it seems that some vandals have been popping up. :(
Gez

Post by Gez »

I am quite sure that this guy is the same as this one and this one who is the same as this one or this one.

Unfortunately, when blocking a user, the associated IP is only blocked for 24 hours... So he can just keep on creating user account after user account.
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

I think maybe you might ask Randy if he can .htaccess block him, then, or at the very least, give you access to modify .htaccess so you can block out IP's yourself.

You might also share the IP with other mods on here, Skulltag, and other places. They might be able to tell you if it's associated with any user account on their respective forums.
Gez

Post by Gez »

Unfortunately, CheckUser isn't installed so I have no way of knowing a user's IP. And [wiki]Special:Espionage[/wiki] is useless, it's bugged and doesn't work.
Demolisher
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Demolisher »

Gez wrote:Unfortunately, CheckUser isn't installed so I have no way of knowing a user's IP. And [wiki]Special:Espionage[/wiki] is useless, it's bugged and doesn't work.
This may be a VERY stupid question, but can't someone install it?
Gez

Post by Gez »

Only Randy.
Demolisher
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Demolisher »

I smell a very unique feature request...
DoomRater
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by DoomRater »

A_CustomPunch doesn't note what value of UseAmmo causes punches to always use ammo up regardless of whether the attack hit or not.

Return to “Rules and Forum Announcements”