ZDoom Wiki Thread

We sure do have a lot of rules and guidelines threads - find them all here, and please make sure you've read them! Also, community-wide announcements (that aren't major ZDoom News) go here as well.
InsanityBringer

Re: ZDoom Wiki Thread

Post by InsanityBringer »

I'm not entirely sure what they do myself, but what I've guessed is that they just stretch the screen by the specified factor, for emulating lower resolutions on computers that can't support them. A confirmination on whether this is correct or not would be nice.
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

None at all. That thing is tl;dr anyway and in no way proper documentation. That's why I removed all of it.
FDARI

Post by FDARI »

[wiki]GetActorX[/wiki], [wiki]GetActorY[/wiki] and [wiki]GetActorZ[/wiki] all used to say "If the argument passed is 0, then it returns the Z coordinate of the activator. (development version r2787+ only)". After this came up in an editing discussion, GetActorX has been altered -presumably corrected: It is described as a fully available feature (no version specified).

I suppose the status for all three functions would be roughly the same, and might test them all when the opportunity arises, but I thought notifying and asking here might be useful anyway: Is GetActorX/Y/Z for TID 0 (current actor) an official, supported feature of the latest release?
NeuralStunner

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by NeuralStunner »

FDARI wrote: Is GetActorX/Y/Z for TID 0 (current actor) an official, supported feature of the latest release?
Seems it was added after the most recent ZDoom release (2.5.0), so no on that count - But there have been GZDoom releases since then (1.5.03 and 1.5.06).

If someone can show that support for this was in place before then, it can be considered a fixed bug I suppose.
Demolisher

Post by Demolisher »

http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=27164

r2787 was the addition of my patch.
Mikk-

Post by Mikk- »

I should get back at staring into the source and adding more Strife functions :b
Graf Zahl

Post by Graf Zahl »

I'm wondering: Where do the information about ATI drivers working with GZDoom come from? Several have been reported as 'broken' without the availablility of any source for verification. For some of the drivers from the first half of the year such a source once existed but it was removed. (Why?) But the reports for more recent version come without any information whatsover. So, hereby I'm giving 3 days until Tuesday to provide such sources (name of user who experienced problems and graphics card model) or I'll remove the 'broken' remarks from that page.

The same will go for all future versions. Should I encounter another 'broken' remark without a source to verify I'll immediately delete it.
Gez

Post by Gez »

The latest report were PMed to me by BilboHicks.
Graf Zahl

Post by Graf Zahl »

Ok, but it's just not enough to say 'it's broken'. The least that should be added is the system specs on which it was reported broken. Otherwise it's of no help.
DaMan

Post by DaMan »

Never had a problem with OpenGL under W7 64. Think I got my card at Cat 10.6.
Gez

Post by Gez »

Is there a way to purge all categories, other than doing it manually for each? On one of the wiki servers, many categories do not contain what they ought to. E.g., [wiki]Category:ACS[/wiki], when logged out, lists only two pages instead of the 17 listed for it on the [wiki]Special:Categories[/wiki] page. (I'm leaving that one unpurged for now as an illustration.)
NeuralStunner

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by NeuralStunner »

I have a general request.

[wiki=GLDEFS#Dynamic_lights]This section[/wiki] needs mention of the dontlightself property, as mentioned in this thread. I can't decide on a good place to put it without doing some restructuring, and I'm not sure what would be the best way to do that. Ideas?
randi
Site Admin

Post by randi »

Gez wrote:E.g., [wiki]Category:ACS[/wiki], when logged out, lists only two pages instead of the 17 listed for it on the [wiki]Special:Categories[/wiki] page. (I'm leaving that one unpurged for now as an illustration.)
I just saw this post now. Did you do anything with it since then, since Category:ACS now lists 17 items?
Gez

Post by Gez »

Somebody else may have purged it.

Tonight was attack of the spam. Is there a way to bolster the CAPTCHA a bit? Or prevent new users from creating new pages and uploading new files?
FDARI

Post by FDARI »

(...)Removed erroneous comment from the beginning of this post(...)
I also had some difficulty parsing the text on the wiki.

I have never done well at explaining things to others, but I think that property could use a better description.

Reading the source code and testing with debug gives me something like this:

PoisonDamage value[, duration[, period]]
value: Damage done once each "period" ticks.
duration: The number of times to apply poison damage.
period: The number ticks between each application of damage. The default value of 0 means once per second.

total damage if no other poison effect interferes should be: value * duration
total duration in ticks if no other poison effect interferes should be: duration * period

The wiki also says that specifying "value" alone will make damage exclusive to players, and "If a non-zero duration is given, it is used for the total length of the poisoning, otherwise the length depends on the value". Does anybody know how the length would relate to the value in this case?

Other discoveries: Poisondamage property uses the predefined poison damage type implicitly.

Return to “Rules and Forum Announcements”