ZDoom Wiki Thread

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.

Re: ZDoom Wiki Thread

Postby DoomRater » Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:15 pm

They are not ints. Apparently I was fooled initially during DECORATE's development as well!
DoomRater
Hi, I'm bob.

Discord: DoomRater#6308

Postby Gez » Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:30 pm

They are floats, as zdoom.pk3 confirms when you look at the Actor class.

Code: Select allExpand view
   action native A_CustomBulletAttack(float spread_xy, float spread_z, int   numbullets, int damageperbullet, class<Actor> pufftype = "BulletPuff", float range = 0, bool aimfacing = false);
Gez

Postby Gez » Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:45 pm

Could we get rid of the redirect to the remilia subdomain? Whenever the referrer isn't zdoom.org (for example, you go there from the Firefox search bar), and we go to zdoom.org/wiki or http://www.zdoom.org/wiki, we get redirected to remilia.zdoom.org/wiki. Which is no longer needed since the server move is complete as far as I know.
Gez

Postby Gez » Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:26 am

If anybody feels like helping the wiki, there are articles to writes about mods you like. Also created a cleanup category for articles such as RTC-3057. I think it'll be more constructive to put them in such a category than to delete them outright.

And if you don't like me triple-posting, participate in this thread more. :P
Gez

Postby randi » Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:48 pm

Gez wrote:Could we get rid of the redirect to the remilia subdomain? Whenever the referrer isn't zdoom.org (for example, you go there from the Firefox search bar), and we go to zdoom.org/wiki or http://www.zdoom.org/wiki, we get redirected to remilia.zdoom.org/wiki.

That's your browser caching the redirect, not the server. The redirect to remilia was only ever in the config on the old server.
randi
Site Admin

Postby Gez » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:45 am

I just emptied the cache, deleted the "ZDoom wiki" search from my Firefox search bar, made sure I wasn't on remilia, recreated it from the search box... And it still brings me to remilia. :?
Gez

Postby Remmirath » Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:23 am

You might wait for your DNS to propegate the address again.

Dunno, just shooting in the dark there. :|
Remmirath
Slowest mapper on Earth

Discord: Remmirath#0424
Twitch ID: TheRemmirath
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

ZDoom version history

Postby Janizdreg » Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:53 am

I'm currently working on creating a ZDoom version history for both the ZDoom & Doom wikis. Unfortunately I haven't followed ZDoom development closely enough to be able to pinpoint even all the major additions to exact versions. Which means I need your help.

My suggested approach to the task would be to write a detailed list of all the major additions and fixes to a fairly comprehensive ZDoom Wiki article. For the Doom Wiki ZDoom article's version history section a shorter overview concentrating solely on the most distinctly big additions is sufficient.

But yeah, I already added a few starting points to the ZDoom article at the Doom Wiki, but I'm hoping you guys could build on those or otherwise point me somewhere where I can find some easy-to-use reference material for building the version history myself.
Janizdreg

Postby Gez » Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:13 pm

Good idea. The two main sources are the archived news that Randy dutifully copied from the old site, see here to start from the oldest; and the recently-discontinued rh-log. This can be completed by looking at the SVN log.
List of release threads:
Spoiler:

In other news, I have finished (for now) the {{wad}} template rewrite and added to it the possibility to show if a mod had received some Doomworldly distinction, with Top100 and Cacowards in the presentation table. I might tweak it some more to add change the Cacoward icon for Mordeth, Best DM, Mockaward and special categories for "dis-award" stuff like the "Ten Infamous" and the "Worst WADs", but given none of them are on the wiki at the moment it's not a priority. (Except KDiZD, which has both a normal Cacoward and a Mordeth Award.)
Gez

Postby Blzut3 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:46 pm

I quickly wrote a tutorial for my strife dialog compiler here. I wonder if we should note deprecation on the KSSC articles?
IRC wrote:[16:40] <Blzut3> Question for you, is it safe to say that you no longer support KSSC?
[16:41] <Kaiser> somewhat. yeah. I've been wanting to revist it again and use libconfuse as the 'scripting' language but never bothered. Technically, yeah I no longer support it
[16:42] <Blzut3> Just wondering since I wrote USDC a little bit ago and I was thinking I should mark the ZDoom wiki articles on KSSC as deprecated
[16:43] <Kaiser> yeah just warn the deprecation but people are still welcomed to use it
[16:44] <Kaiser> just don't expect me to give a damn :P
Blzut3
Pronounced: B-l-zut

Github ID: Blzut3
Operating System: Debian-like Linux (Debian, Ubuntu, Mint, etc) 64-bit
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan Support

Postby Gez » Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:03 pm

No need to deprecate the KSSC article, but I've demoted it from its lofty status as "official article on the ZDoom special lump" to promote instead the more technical DIALOGUE article I had written some time ago based on reading ZDoom's source code.

Then a few link switcheroos and updates later, here we are. :wink:
Gez

Postby Shadelight » Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:35 pm

I should've just posted in here. >_<
Could a wiki sysop add a mibbit link to the espernet zdoom channel to the main page?
Edit: Whoever added the page, thank you very much. :D
Shadelight
You must construct additional lumber.

Discord: Shadelight#4920

Postby wildweasel » Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:21 pm

Need a page about the Offset function in Decorate. I have no idea how it works.
wildweasel
change o' pace.
Moderator Team Lead

Postby Jimmy » Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:27 pm

From what I know, the format is this.

Code: Select allExpand view
FLSH A 1 Bright Offset(0,16) A_FireCustomMissile("BeamofLight")

You can see it in action here.

EDIT: Err, sorry. I'm baffled by the numbers as well. :(
Jimmy

Discord: Jimmy#4100
Twitch ID: JimmySquared
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit

Postby NeuralStunner » Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:03 pm

Right. 0 for either parameter means "leave unchanged" though. The only way to actually reset it is to use A_WeaponReady. It sucks, but that's how Vanilla Hexen did it...

Offset(1,33) is pretty close to original offset. (About one "vanilla pixel" too far down and right.)
NeuralStunner
not actually a catgirl

Discord: NeuralStunner#4201
Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

PreviousNext

Return to General