ZDoom Wiki Thread

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.

Re: ZDoom Wiki Thread

Postby Gez » Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:27 pm

Enjay wrote:
Code: Select allExpand view
LOAD = "test1.wad, test2.wad"

doesn't load anything.

How about this:
LOAD = "test1.wad", "test2.wad"
Gez

Postby Enjay » Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:30 pm

Yes, that works.
Enjay
Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side which he never shows to anybody. Twain

Postby Graf Zahl » Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:00 pm

Enjay wrote:
LOAD = test1.wad, test2.wad

That should have worked. Seems I forgot to set the proper parsing mode...
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Postby Enjay » Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:02 pm

Graf Zahl wrote:That should have worked. Seems I forgot to set the proper parsing mode...

Unless I am misunderstanding the changelog, it looks like this should have been addressed. It still doesn't work, however, though the message has changed slightly.

Instead of saying:

Script error, "GAMEINFO" line 1:
Expected '=' but got '.' instead.

it says

Script error, "GAMEINFO" line 1:
Expected identifier but got '.' instead.

I'll open a bug report to stop this getting lost.
Enjay

Postby Graf Zahl » Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:09 pm

Damn...
I forgot that the C-Mode parser considers the '.' as a separate token. I think this needs some more work before it is a usable feature.
Graf Zahl

Postby Gez » Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:21 pm

I hope there's no misinformation in the GAMEINFO article. Also updated the GLDEFS and actor states articles.
Gez

Postby randi » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:58 pm

The wiki has been moved to a new server. After a cursory examination, everything appears to have been moved over successfully. (I'm counting on somebody to tell me soon enough if I broke something. :))

Note that URLs to the wiki should continue to use http://zdoom.org/wiki/. Right now, they redirect to URLs on the new server, but once the new server becomes the main zdoom.org, they won't need to redirect anymore and will go directly to the wiki page as before.
randi
Site Admin

Postby NeuralStunner » Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:10 pm

Hmm, nothing on zdoom.org would load at all last night. Wonder if this was a result/reason?

I use "Log In" for the wiki, it seems to accept my name & password, but it doesn't actually log in. Not reading the cookies, I guess?
NeuralStunner
not actually a catgirl

Discord: NeuralStunner#4201
Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Postby Project Dark Fox » Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:47 pm

NeuralStunner wrote:Hmm, nothing on zdoom.org would load at all last night. Wonder if this was a result/reason?

I use "Log In" for the wiki, it seems to accept my name & password, but it doesn't actually log in. Not reading the cookies, I guess?

You may need to reset your own cache, actually.
Project Dark Fox
Married Furry Anxiety Bucket

Twitch ID: ProjectDarkFox
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby randi » Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:53 pm

NeuralStunner wrote:Hmm, nothing on zdoom.org would load at all last night. Wonder if this was a result/reason?

No, that looks like it was a connectivity issue preventing any traffic from reaching the site.
NeuralStunner wrote:I use "Log In" for the wiki, it seems to accept my name & password, but it doesn't actually log in.

Try pressing Ctrl+F5 to completely flush your cached copy of the page. Logging in works fine.
randi
Site Admin

Postby NeuralStunner » Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:43 am

Ah. Hmm. Okay, all's well. :D
NeuralStunner
not actually a catgirl

Discord: NeuralStunner#4201
Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Postby Gez » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:49 am

randy wrote:The wiki has been moved to a new server. After a cursory examination, everything appears to have been moved over successfully. (I'm counting on somebody to tell me soon enough if I broke something. :))

Well, I tried to edit Template:Special but it gives me this:
Warning: pg_query() [function.pg-query]: Query failed: ERROR: text search configuration "default" does not exist CONTEXT: PL/pgSQL function "ts2_page_text" line 3 at assignment in /var/www/localhost/htdocs/w/includes/db/DatabasePostgres.php on line 580

Warning: pg_query() [function.pg-query]: Query failed: ERROR: current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until end of transaction block in /var/www/localhost/htdocs/w/includes/db/DatabasePostgres.php on line 580

Warning: pg_query() [function.pg-query]: Query failed: ERROR: current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until end of transaction block in /var/www/localhost/htdocs/w/includes/db/DatabasePostgres.php on line 580

MediaWiki internal error.

Exception caught inside exception handler

Showing the preview works, editing other pages worked as well.
Gez

Postby randi » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:11 pm

Durr!

How about now? I ran the update.php maintenance script, and that appears to have fixed it as far as I can tell. (Or, at least, I successfully edited Template:Special, but I admit, I neglected to try before running the script.)
randi
Site Admin

Postby Gez » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:31 pm

Works now, thanks.
Gez

Postby Enjay » Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:05 pm

I was reading a couple of pages in the Wiki and I came across this:

On the A_SPosAttack page
It is equivalent to calling A_CustomBulletAttack with the parameters (22.5,22.5,3,3,"BulletPuff").

on the A_PosAttack page
It is equivalent to calling A_CustomBulletAttack with the parameters (22.5,22.5,1,3,"BulletPuff").

But on the A_CustomBulletAttack page it tells me that the format is
A_CustomBulletAttack (int horz_spread, int vert_spread, int numbullets, int damageperbullet, string pufftype [, float range [, bool aimfacing]*])

Given that the two spreads are listed as ints rather than floats does this mean that the Wiki is wrong or is it the case the the equivalent values listed on the two specific attack pages cannot actually be faithfully represented with A_CustomBulletAttack and that they are just listed as (unattainable) examples?
Enjay

PreviousNext

Return to General