Return of the jumpingness!

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
Cutmanmike
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Return of the jumpingness!

Post by Cutmanmike »

The next wad is done... However, i'm going to leave you in suspence for a while while I sleep. Nighty night MWUAHAHAA.

Icicle mountain! Fun fun fun! And easier than the others! Trust me!.......
Location: Denver, CO How do they get teflon to stick to the pan?

Post by Sticky »

Oh hell. And just when I thought I might get something done tomorrow.
I wonder if, based on the name, it's gonna be icy. That could *really* suck. :-)
HotWax

Post by HotWax »

Note how Sticky knows enough not to say "And just when I might have thought something was gonna get done tomorrow after I visited my bitch of a mom."

Dude, I think I just encapsulated 3 threads... No, wait... [/unopened tag]NOW I have!

Post by Sticky »

Indeed I meant to say "just when I never thought it would come!" but I was so excited about its arrival I kept getting 'distracted' by mr. Giz (is he any relation to mr. zapit?)[/Ithoughtso]

But what I really thoughtso was "wouldn't if be cool if on the next jumping level we could have monsters (not just sprites) from ALL the different games zdoom supports? But that's just a dream, something like that could never work."

And no fair dragging our flame war into multiple posts just cause you lost!
P.s. My mom says "hi".
Eevee

Post by Eevee »

I'm going to have to make a map where a naked South Park-ish sprite appears once in a while to criticize your playing.

Also, mike is evil and his jump key should be confiscated.
Biff

Post by Biff »

Oh, I missed this flame war? I'm more interested because...someone knows. :)
HotWax

Post by HotWax »

Eevee wrote:I'm going to have to make a map where a naked South Park-ish sprite appears once in a while to criticize your playing.
Holy shit I'd PAY to see that!

Post by Sticky »

You could change the sprites for Commander Keen to Kenny.
I'd be a little weirded out to come around a corner and see him hanging there, but I'd get used to it.

Cutman, this'll teach you to tempt us and then not deliver. We've ruined your thread and you haven't even posted the wad yet.
Eevee

Post by Eevee »

HotWax wrote:Holy shit I'd PAY to see that!
Really now.. how much? :D
Sticky wrote:You could change the sprites for Commander Keen to Kenny.
I'd be a little weirded out to come around a corner and see him hanging there, but I'd get used to it.
I was thinking more of just swiping HotWax's avatar and printing it to the HUD once in a while, like in that demo wad I saw somewhere that had the Mona Lisa and a recolored version of it.

Then it could mock the player for falling into pits, or missing a switch, or taking too long to kill a Cyberdemon...
HotWax

Post by HotWax »

ROFL... How does a nickel sound? No, seriously though, this is the sweetest idea EVAR and you should definately use it.
Eevee

Post by Eevee »

Unfortunately I never, ever, ever finish anything.

I rarely get past 12 sectors before I'm distracted by something completely unrelated.

But, if I ever DO, I'll toss you in there just for the hell of it. For now, though, maybe I'll go tweak the jumping maps to laugh at you every time you fall.
Cutmanmike

Post by Cutmanmike »

Ok.... I don't know what the FUNK you are talking about, but the wad is uploaded. Go see.

http://www.zcutty.cjb.net

Remember to use -HOST 1 or no checkpoints for ye! And record a demo if you really want to. MWAUAHAHA
RottKing

Post by RottKing »

Well, I beat it! Wasn't easy though, and this demo is pretty long, but cool. Nice map man.
Cutmanmike

Post by Cutmanmike »

HAHAHA! Funny demo. Btw if you removebots after you've added one it still works, save him from telefragging you :lol: Also, you can walk as slow as you want across those sprite platforms, though it may not seem like it. Well done, now wait for the next challenge!
HotWax

Post by HotWax »

Mike, may I have permission to modify your map (in an almost entirely non-gameplay modifying way) and attach it here? Um, er... link to it at least? OMG 840K!!

[EDIT]Also, someone give me a quick rundown on printing images to the screen. I know you use SetFont("Image");, but do you have to run it through imagetool or something first? Are there any other rules I should know about?, etc.[/EDIT]

Return to “General”