How do I change the path where zdoom saves files?

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
Willis

How do I change the path where zdoom saves files?

Post by Willis »

I'm trying to clean up my zdoom folder and having all my saves and autosaves in it isnt helping. :roll:
Biff

Post by Biff »

Hi Willis. I saw your question in the DW forums too, I think. Sorry but I don't think you can change the location of savegames because the zdoom.ini file does not have any specifications for that, only for the paths to use in searching for iwad files (doom.wad, doom2.wad, heretic..etc.).

You can just delete the save games, most of them probably don't matter to you, especially as they age.

I suppose Randy could set up zdoom to use a few more subfolders for housekeeping pleasure, maybe he'll comment here, or you can directly ask him via email.
Willis

Post by Willis »

Ok, thanks anyway
Mighty Duck X-treme

Post by Mighty Duck X-treme »

pwned
Too bad. Try harder next time. :-P
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

I don't know if there is something better than this, but I know of 2 parameters that could help

-config path\file

can be used to specify the location of your ini file. The file specified will be read from and saved to during that zdoom session.

-cdrom

Is an old hang over from the doom command line when it was possible to set up doom to run from a CD. In Zdoom, it creates a directory called zdoomdat in your C: drive root directory and any saves are stored there. I don't think this parameter puts the ini into zdoomdat, but you could start like this

zdoom -cdrom -config c:\zdoomdat\zdoom.ini

Return to “General”