[SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Postby chronoteeth » Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:02 am

long time ago an old buddy of mine named post made an edit to the shadow warrior uzi so that it looked like a rad micro uzi. Unfortunately he's been outta the game for over 6 years, but just today i found a couple of the sprites he did, so here you guys go!

Image
User avatar
chronoteeth
abubub
 
Joined: 08 Sep 2004

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Postby BigProjectAlone » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:51 am

hey i'm back!! i got a problem if someone can help me... , here it is.

i got my new pc this months, and last night i've installed skulltag to test my wads, to see if all is ok.
and at my big surprise a bug seems to be created without my aid..

when i try the ''map05'' i can see 1 thing through every walls, here some screenshot for you can see by yourself, it is already happen to someone before ??
do you have any idea how i can fix it ??

Spoiler:

Spoiler:



and here another screenshot showing where my thing is supposed to be..

Spoiler:


edit:i've found a solution.. it is weird but the problem only seems to happen if i put the resolution to 1280x1024, if i choose 1280x960 the problem don't happen
User avatar
BigProjectAlone
Boss
 
Joined: 21 Mar 2012
Location: canada

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Postby UnTrustable » Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:08 am

anyways, nice screenshots i must say :wub:
I love the waterfall.
User avatar
UnTrustable
"Feed me...!"
 
Joined: 31 Jan 2007
Location: The Netherlands

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Postby BigProjectAlone » Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:57 pm

UnTrustable wrote:anyways, nice screenshots i must say :wub:
I love the waterfall.


thank you very much :mrgreen:
User avatar
BigProjectAlone
Boss
 
Joined: 21 Mar 2012
Location: canada

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Postby Tormentor667 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:42 pm

Am I the only one who things that the recolored fire/explosion sprites just look ugly and awful?
User avatar
Tormentor667
needs more detail
 
Joined: 16 Jul 2003
Location: Germany

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Postby Enjay » Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:48 pm

I think they might be the Minotaur smoke sprites which are white/grey but, yes, the idea is goo but I think it would look a lot better with alternative sprites.
User avatar
Enjay
Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side which he never shows to anybody. Twain
 
 
 
Joined: 15 Jul 2003
Location: Scotland

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Postby BigProjectAlone » Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:02 pm

Enjay wrote:I think they might be the Minotaur smoke sprites which are white/grey but, yes, the idea is goo but I think it would look a lot better with alternative sprites.


it's temporary, i will replace it later with new sprites that i will make :D
User avatar
BigProjectAlone
Boss
 
Joined: 21 Mar 2012
Location: canada

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Postby amv2k9 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:14 pm

It would also look better if each splashy-thing is going through its animation asynchronously compared to the ones around it.
User avatar
amv2k9
That Strife Guy
 
Joined: 10 Jan 2010
Location: Southern California

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Postby BigProjectAlone » Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:27 pm

amv2k9 wrote:It would also look better if each splashy-thing is going through its animation asynchronously compared to the ones around it.


i know , but i don't really have idea on how to make it not sync, did you know how ??
User avatar
BigProjectAlone
Boss
 
Joined: 21 Mar 2012
Location: canada

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Postby Slax » Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:12 pm

Image

Steve, the non-zombie.
User avatar
Slax
Saucy.
 
Joined: 19 Oct 2010
Location: Window office.

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Postby Siggi » Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:04 pm

'ey Steve!
User avatar
Siggi
 
Joined: 03 Oct 2004
Location: South Africa

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Postby amv2k9 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:18 pm

BigProjectAlone wrote:
amv2k9 wrote:It would also look better if each splashy-thing is going through its animation asynchronously compared to the ones around it.

i know , but i don't really have idea on how to make it not sync, did you know how ??


Maybe something like this?

Code: Select allExpand view
ACTOR SplashyThing
{
 States
 {
 Spawn:
  TNT1 A 0 A_Jump(128,1)
  SPLA A 1
  SPLA A 5
  TNT1 A 0 A_Jump(128,1)
  SPLA B 1
  SPLA B 5
  TNT1 A 0 A_Jump(128,1)
  SPLA C 1
  SPLA C 5
  ...and so on
  }
}
User avatar
amv2k9
That Strife Guy
 
Joined: 10 Jan 2010
Location: Southern California

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Postby BigProjectAlone » Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:33 pm

amv2k9 wrote:
BigProjectAlone wrote:
amv2k9 wrote:It would also look better if each splashy-thing is going through its animation asynchronously compared to the ones around it.

i know , but i don't really have idea on how to make it not sync, did you know how ??


Maybe something like this?

Code: Select allExpand view
ACTOR SplashyThing
{
 States
 {
 Spawn:
  TNT1 A 0 A_Jump(128,1)
  SPLA A 1
  SPLA A 5
  TNT1 A 0 A_Jump(128,1)
  SPLA B 1
  SPLA B 5
  TNT1 A 0 A_Jump(128,1)
  SPLA C 1
  SPLA C 5
  ...and so on
  }
}



i think it's a good idea !! i will try this thank you very much :D

just let me the time to find that thing in my... over 5670986456 line script.



EDIT:

a screenshot with your script idea !!

Spoiler:


the INGAME diference is better than the screenshot
User avatar
BigProjectAlone
Boss
 
Joined: 21 Mar 2012
Location: canada

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Postby amv2k9 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:01 pm

What's the RenderStyle of those splash actors, translucent? It may look better set to additive render; the grey outline looks kind of odd.
User avatar
amv2k9
That Strife Guy
 
Joined: 10 Jan 2010
Location: Southern California

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Postby UnTrustable » Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:45 pm

Tormentor667 wrote:Am I the only one who things that the recolored fire/explosion sprites just look ugly and awful?

Hey i did once the same and used the plasma explosion, or the teleportation sprites,
so i love (at least) the attempt and that he thought of the splashes that a waterfall does.

EDIT: and i already knew he might replace the sprites later with ones that suited better.
Thats why i even didnt bother to mention the sprite 'explosions'. :3:
User avatar
UnTrustable
"Feed me...!"
 
Joined: 31 Jan 2007
Location: The Netherlands

PreviousNext

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Pompous Seed and 2 guests