Page 414 of 2263

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:53 am
by Blox
Bane wrote:Have you seen the other grenade hand sprites Blox, if your just looking to make a grenade you could probably mess around with those a bit, save yourself a lot of time :P I can post em if you want them.

I can only think of two, and one of them is from.. Blood? (RotT?)
And I'm not making my own, just editing the poor renegade rips slightly.

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:06 am
by Minigunner
UnTrustable wrote:I thought it was all fiction, but such a gun really exists? :shock:

Actually, that gun is homemade AFAIK. However, there's the FAMARS brand commercial varmint guns, which includes a quad-barreled (diamond positioned) Rombo .410 shotgun. Yeah, it's "weak", but the concept is pretty cool. Also, there's no all-barrel trigger, it's semi-auto. Unfortunately, they come at a very, very high price (~$80,000), so it's more of an enthusiast/rich guy gun.
Spoiler:

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:24 pm
by Bane
Blox wrote:
Bane wrote:Have you seen the other grenade hand sprites Blox, if your just looking to make a grenade you could probably mess around with those a bit, save yourself a lot of time :P I can post em if you want them.

I can only think of two, and one of them is from.. Blood? (RotT?)
And I'm not making my own, just editing the poor renegade rips slightly.


This one Image not sure which game it's from.

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:28 pm
by Bane
Big Fat Gunnn ;) Image Been meaning to post this.

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:08 pm
by wildweasel
Those grenade hands (prior to their edits, of course) are from Powerslave.

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:19 pm
by chronoteeth
shitty single barrel got a reload whoooo

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:34 pm
by gerolf
chronoteeth wrote:shitty single barrel got a reload whoooo


Reminds me of Doom 64. Maybe with some color edits it would fit in with that style of arsenal. Although none of the weapons had a reload (I know Cage made some).

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:45 pm
by NeuralStunner
I never cared for that style much. Besides looking rather unnatural, I don't even see sufficient room for the shell to be removed/inserted.

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:52 pm
by gerolf
If I knew a great way to take photos of me holding my single shot in a FPS POV, I'd do it. Nobody has even made a version that shows the marine pulling the hammer back.

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:02 pm
by NeuralStunner
gerolf wrote:Nobody has even made a version that shows the marine pulling the hammer back.
This is an issue with pretty much every revolver sprite I've ever seen, as well.

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:07 pm
by gerolf
I'm not sure if it's because it's hard to draw (which I can see it that way, most artist say human hands are the hardest part to draw), or because many people here have never used a firearm.

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:57 pm
by chronoteeth
well if anyone wants to edit it further go ahead

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:37 am
by Blox
gerolf wrote:I'm not sure if it's because it's hard to draw (which I can see it that way, most artist say human hands are the hardest part to draw), or because many people here have never used a firearm.

Both, though the former is mostly only true if we're talking about high resolutions. (Oh boy, the detailing required would be overwhelming.)

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:05 pm
by JoeyTD
more shotguns.

Sidenote: happy birthday to NMN_Paul.

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:46 pm
by Blox
Guess this can go in here too:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image