[SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
Captain J

Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Post by Captain J »

Xim wrote:That's an awesome pistol Deon. I've only watched Blade Runner maybe once, but I know that gun from the first two Fallout games, which copied the design for the 223 pistol. (edit: the later games renamed it, 'That Gun')

I was digging through my sprite dump folder and found a little edit I did a while ago, might as well share it.

Just a sideview edit made from the recoil frame from obtic's BFG. I probably won't continue on it, but if anyone wants to use it for whatever they can go ahead.
While i do find this weapon sprite impressive and unique, i'd like to see more of this like, in right angle!
Deon

Post by Deon »

It looks too "flowy" to me, like I am looking at it drunk or through water. Is it supposed to be so organic/bent?

@Captain J
I've finally got to making brightmaps for your Cyber Bruiser, and I am going to use him as a part of mercenary "Blackguard" faction.
He's the last monster in this video
Spoiler:
I really like how he fits the black-clad faction of mercenaries who protect corporation assets in my game.
Do I have your permission to use this monster in (possibly) publicly-available version of the game?
bimshwel
Discord: bimshwel #7516

Post by bimshwel »

obticBFG.gif
BFUGA0.png
this is all you see of it in the regular game. I suppose that interpretation of it does not quite match, but I certainly recognized it despite not having looked at this in a few years. Analyzing them more closely now, these two don't necessarily match each other either.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

The recoil frame was made by rf` -- here's the original sheet, which also features some edits to the original sprites:

bimshwel

Post by bimshwel »

ah, that explains a bit, including what the blue squares are. Although the more I look at the ground sprite, particularly where the trigger is shown to be, the more I am inclined to think it wouldn't be held like it is in the recoil frame. I wonder if that bracket back end is meant to attach to something. or perhaps the supporting hand is meant to go toward the front on the dark grey part, as unsafe as that may seem. oh the part above that suddenly appears rather short to me, when pointed up, and to be missing a light grey ridge-thing. still the drawing is fancy overall.
Last edited by bimshwel on Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deon

Post by Deon »

And here's my attempt at marksman/mag rifle, based on Halo Rifle sprite by jdredalert.

In-game:
Spoiler:
Captain J

Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Post by Captain J »

Deon wrote:@Captain J
I've finally got to making brightmaps for your Cyber Bruiser, and I am going to use him as a part of mercenary "Blackguard" faction.
He's the last monster in this video
Everything in this video is amazing. Sure, you can use my sprites and whatnot as long as you can credit me!
Deon

Post by Deon »

That is my main head ache at the moment. I have a full folder of cool stuff I want to use, but I cannot since I dont know who made it. I will slowly work towards researching it online.
Xim

Post by Xim »

Deon wrote:That is my main head ache at the moment. I have a full folder of cool stuff I want to use, but I cannot since I dont know who made it. I will slowly work towards researching it online.
I try to put the username in the file name when I save. Or if someone has a lot of graphics they made then I make a folder with their username as the title.
Deon

Post by Deon »

That's not a problem, I just prefix filenames with people's names when I download them. Sadly a lot of art is circulating online uncredited, so it takes time to track it down.
Deon

Post by Deon »

I've frankensteined a better stock on my Mag Rifle:

Base of the stock is taken from an automatic rifle by OSJC

Proper zip with better flash frame and brightmaps is attached.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TommyGalano5
Discord: TommyGalano5#8257
Github ID: TommyG5#75706295
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by TommyGalano5 »

DAKKA
Deon

Post by Deon »

Those are GOOD! Are they a part of some project by chance?
TommyGalano5
Discord: TommyGalano5#8257
Github ID: TommyG5#75706295
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by TommyGalano5 »

Deon wrote:Those are GOOD! Are they a part of some project by chance?
Nope just got inspired after playing 40K with family and friends

- also he's animated, I'll rework on the flash on the head, with sum spit and polish the ORKS will be posted, after this some AK wielding Goblins or the Death corp of Krieg
bimshwel

Post by bimshwel »

This is far too many moving parts for me to keep under control! Most especially the dingdang orange ribbons. And naturally there are more motions than this to produce. I shall definitely not be giving arm ribbons to any future beasts. It remains to be seen to what degree these angles not matching will bother me if I ever actually get them into the game.
wrhrewh.gif
214erw5.gif
Last edited by bimshwel on Thu Dec 09, 2021 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General”