[SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Postby A.Gamma » Sun Aug 08, 2021 1:42 am

Vegeta(dw) wrote: Looks nice. Do you still have the mech legs alone?

I do! They have been edited to fit the Mother Demon, but they should be useful. Remember to credit Sebabdukeboss20 and myself (Just for the cleanup tho, the awesomeness is his).

A.Gamma

Postby edgymemester » Sun Aug 08, 2021 1:54 am

Made a bolt action rifle for Wolf 3d mods in the style of SOD lost episodes.
SOD lost episodes rifle improved.png

Credits:
Id Software
FormGen
Woolie Wool (general inspiration and basis of the pickup sprite)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
edgymemester

Postby Captain J » Sun Aug 08, 2021 4:45 am

Very accurate and neat SoD rifle you've got there! Even the muzzle flash looks great :D
Captain J
That's Amoreee

Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Postby CeeJay » Sun Aug 08, 2021 8:15 am

Been messing around with Captain J.'s Blake Stone HD weapon sprites. Was really curious to see how they would look fully animated and in-game. Here they are animated, all based on the 64x64 originals. The Anti-Plasma Cannon is a little too big so a lot of it is cut off towards the bottom. Unless you prefer a weapon that takes up 50-75% of the screen. The Plasma Discharge Unit animates really weirdly but that's how the original was.

Auto Charge Pistol
Spoiler:

Slow Fire Protector
Spoiler:

Rapid Assault Weapon
Spoiler:

Dual Neutron Disrupter
Spoiler:

Plasma Discharge Unit
Spoiler:

Anti-Plasma Cannon
Spoiler:
Last edited by CeeJay on Sun Aug 08, 2021 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CeeJay

Postby edgymemester » Sun Aug 08, 2021 1:30 pm

Captain J wrote:Very accurate and neat SoD rifle you've got there! Even the muzzle flash looks great :D

Thank you captain.
CeeJay wrote:Been messing around with Captain J.'s Blake Stone HD weapon sprites. Was really curious to see how they would look fully animated and in-game. Here they are animated, all based on the 64x64 originals. The Anti-Plasma Cannon is a little too big so a lot of it is cut off towards the bottom. Unless you prefer a weapon that takes up 50-75% of the screen. The Plasma Discharge Unit animates really weirdly but that's how the original was.

Now I desperately want someone to make a Blake Stone TC or gameplay mod, these are just too fucking cool to pass up on.
edgymemester

Postby nuke em muscle » Sun Aug 08, 2021 2:19 pm

TheRailgunner wrote:
nuke em muscle wrote:Armalite AR-18 graphics. Quite a job to get it done after many attempts.

Finally, a quality AR-18 sprite! I don't suppose you've got more of these? A weapon I've been wanting to work on is based off of the AR-18, but finding a good base to start from is apparently rather difficult, for some reason (it's essentially an AR-18 with a non-folding stock and a slightly larger cartridge).

Either way, that rifle is goddamn gorgeous.

Thanks. Yes, further graphics for the AR-18 is going to be made. Reload and variants such as the fold stock is going to be considered.
nuke em muscle

Postby ElectricPulse » Sun Aug 08, 2021 2:50 pm

The Plasma Rifle, just a little more "electric". I wouldn't recommend you to hold the weapon right next to the cables, though :?

ElectricPulse
Don't worry, i'm just a simple man.

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Postby TheRailgunner » Sun Aug 08, 2021 6:20 pm

nuke em muscle wrote:
TheRailgunner wrote:
nuke em muscle wrote:Armalite AR-18 graphics. Quite a job to get it done after many attempts.

Finally, a quality AR-18 sprite! I don't suppose you've got more of these? A weapon I've been wanting to work on is based off of the AR-18, but finding a good base to start from is apparently rather difficult, for some reason (it's essentially an AR-18 with a non-folding stock and a slightly larger cartridge).

Either way, that rifle is goddamn gorgeous.

Thanks. Yes, further graphics for the AR-18 is going to be made. Reload and variants such as the fold stock is going to be considered.

ImageImageImage

Beep boop. Threw a DIMOSHunter hand on it - also, Ayanami-S Carbine variant.

EDIT: Heavy shading is fun. I also kept a version of the sprite with the shading layers separated so I can apply them to the original AR-18 sprite as well. EDIT II: Handless heavily shaded variants of both sprites:

ImageImage

EDIT III: Resaved the Ayanami-S Carbine sprite because, for whatever reason, Paint.NET saved it as an 8-bit/256-color image.
TheRailgunner
Words go here.

Postby Captain J » Mon Aug 09, 2021 5:49 am

TheRailgunner wrote:Armalite AR-18 graphics. Quite a job to get it done after many attempts.
Excellent work! I actually wanted AR-18 sprites because i haven't seen any so nice job. The shading looks great, but would look even cooler if perspective was kinda right. Railgunner improved it nicely too.
CeeJay wrote:Been messing around with Captain J.'s Blake Stone HD weapon sprites. Was really curious to see how they would look fully animated and in-game. Here they are animated, all based on the 64x64 originals. The Anti-Plasma Cannon is a little too big so a lot of it is cut off towards the bottom. Unless you prefer a weapon that takes up 50-75% of the screen. The Plasma Discharge Unit animates really weirdly but that's how the original was.
Thanks so much for the animations! And i expected Anti-Plasma Cannon would look large in game so that's my oversight... Might fix it later.
Captain J
That's Amoreee

Postby CeeJay » Mon Aug 09, 2021 1:13 pm

It was my pleasure. I really like them, they fit the original art style very well. This could very well been an official HD remaster. One other thing I spotted is how the muzzle flash for the two pistols are very different from one and another whereas the originals had practically the same one. I think one was just bigger.
CeeJay

Postby Captain J » Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:03 am

Because i honestly, rather dislike the copy-n-paste nature of Blake Stone. Auto Charge Pistol looks similar to Slow Fire Protector but with small changes. And the muzzle flash is kinda same as well. I also noticed that Dual Neutron Disruptor has a bit of Plasma Discharge Unit's.

Nice to see that they changed the weapon sprites in Planet Strike, but i care Blake Stone this much and it would've been better, you know? Anyways here's the Anti-Plasma Cannon fix as i promised:
HDBlakeStoneAntiPlasmaFix.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Captain J
That's Amoreee

Postby Jeimuzu73 » Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:13 am

Planet Strike has an alternate sprite for the Rapid Assault Weapon - will you be making an HD version of that?
Jeimuzu73
Name's Odd. James Odd.

Postby Captain J » Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:44 pm

Not a big fan of the gun's design, so i don't think so. But maybe later??
Captain J
That's Amoreee

Postby VriskaSerket » Tue Aug 10, 2021 3:37 pm

Currently reworking my first person Alien Swarm weapons, starting with this here AR. I don't think I'll be doing all guns as some are just awkward and undetailed, but a good number of 'em will come in due time.

In order: original crappy resized gmod rip, shading and lighting edit, magless version. Next up is some nice firing frames and moving bolt, I suppose.
VriskaSerket
a.k.a Squig

Discord: Squig#0592

Postby giuseppemoghadam1984 » Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:04 am

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... nknown.png

I don't really know where to post, so I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place.
Does anybody know who made this pistol sprite? I don't remember where I found it, but it looks really nice, I love the look of small hands holding a smaller pistol. And if anyone knows the creator of this sprite, have they done any other stuff? I'd love to know where I could find it if so! Thanks!
giuseppemoghadam1984

PreviousNext

Return to General