[SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Postby Captain J » Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:36 pm

Keep up the good work sonik, you godlike talented individual! :rock:
TommyGalano5 wrote:Also "Here's the beer I owe ya"
Oh man now i can't WAIT for HECU one!
User avatar
Captain J
That's Amoreee
 
 
 
Joined: 02 Oct 2012
Location: A Year old Pizza Box
Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Postby Superdave938 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:26 pm

Ninlhil wrote:Was playing B. DOOM64 recently, and the rifle that was used just didn't do it for me. That launched this little lark of a project.
PISTA0.png

PISTA2.png

-Reskinned basically all the weapons from the game. Gave the Pistol a bit of clean up and tried to make it look closer to a Desert Eagle.
-Shotgun got cleaned up and the front barrel clamp removed, leaving the hexagonal shape to the muzzle.
-Super Shotgun got new details.
-Rifle was edited from screenshots of a 3D model. Kind of a cross between a Mare's Leg and an AK.
-Chaingun got totally reworked, adding a body and drum magazine... and brought back the blue muzzle flash from original D64 because I always thought it was cool.
-Rocket Launcher got cleaned up and a Magazine.
-Plasmagun got some cleanup, new details and muzzle flashes.
-BFG got some new detail (mostly because I was teaching myself about brightmaps and may have gone overboard)
-Unmaker got some cleanup, new muzzle flash and it's idle animation now has a pulsing light.

Just thought I'd share and let them out into the world. Credit goes to id Software, SGT Mark, Logan McCloud and Jack Sharpe. I'll figure out how to upload the complete .zip if there's interest... as right now I don't know how.


Good Stuff
User avatar
Superdave938
 
Joined: 14 Mar 2020
Location: Some base on some planet
Discord: Super dave 938#5495

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Postby Superdave938 » Thu Apr 01, 2021 5:38 pm

Fool April's
User avatar
Superdave938
 
Joined: 14 Mar 2020
Location: Some base on some planet
Discord: Super dave 938#5495

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Postby ElectricPulse » Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:01 pm

Just a quick enhancement of the very well-known sentry turret:

Image

I actually don't know who made the original turret Original turret made by Captain Toenail, and the new chaingun and ammo belt are the Chaingun guy's ones.
Last edited by ElectricPulse on Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
ElectricPulse
Don't worry, i'm just a simple man.
 
Joined: 31 May 2016
Location: São Paulo, Brazil
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Postby osjclatchford » Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:26 am

teh_barrelz.png

some recolours to Graaicko's barrel sprites for use as doom barrels and firecan.
not doom pallette but looks good in gzdoom when scaled at around yscale 0.65, xscale 0.8...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by osjclatchford on Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
osjclatchford
 
Joined: 07 Feb 2011

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Postby HellCattX » Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:34 am

ElectricPulse wrote:Just a quick enhancement of the very well-known sentry turret:

I actually don't know who made the original turret, but the new chaingun and ammo belt are the Chaingun guy's ones.


I like it, and i use the original one alot... you can find it on realm667 by Captain Toenail... ( only reason i know that is i've been researching names for a credits list... )

just one thing that always bothers me is, that the animations for the barrels rotating on monsters and items as they fire stay the same... like in the side frame, i would of switch the grey line and red line so the double red line was on the bottom for example to simulate the barrels rotating while firing and mayhaps the moving of the bullet chain when it fires, but besides my nitpicking it looks like a good start and perfectly functonal for any wad.
User avatar
HellCattX
 
Joined: 26 Feb 2009

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Postby ElectricPulse » Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:26 am

Many thanks, credits added!

About the rotating barrel and moving belt, I originally thought these would be unnoticeable, but ended up that I was wrong. Here is the result:

Image

Again, credits to Captain Toenail and ID Software.
User avatar
ElectricPulse
Don't worry, i'm just a simple man.
 
Joined: 31 May 2016
Location: São Paulo, Brazil
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Postby Sonik.o.fan » Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:50 am


Doom Eternal minigun
User avatar
Sonik.o.fan
Potato hater.
 
Joined: 08 Aug 2018
Location: Russian Federation
Discord: TypicalSF#3336

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Postby Rabbito2 » Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:38 am

Sonik.o.fan wrote:
Doom Eternal minigun


Cool,Could you make the secret pistol from Doom Eternal?

https://imagenesgamers.canalrcn.com/ImgTodoGamers/doom_eternal_pistola.jpg
User avatar
Rabbito2
 
Joined: 15 Feb 2021
Operating System: Other Linux 32-bit

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Postby DOOMPiter » Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:55 pm

osjclatchford wrote:some work I've done to this old pdw sprite:
makes me think of the quake2 smg...

Hey Osjc, sorry for any inconvenience but i need to alarm you that it seems MediaFire fucked up the image quality and you might need to reupload this with another image hosting site, prefarably Imgur.com. Thanks MediaFire, REALLY cool.
User avatar
DOOMPiter
Engineer
 
Joined: 03 Nov 2019
Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Postby osjclatchford » Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:38 am

DOOMPiter wrote:
osjclatchford wrote:some work I've done to this old pdw sprite:
makes me think of the quake2 smg...

Hey Osjc, sorry for any inconvenience but i need to alarm you that it seems MediaFire fucked up the image quality and you might need to reupload this with another image hosting site, prefarably Imgur.com. Thanks MediaFire, REALLY cool.


odd, seems its decided to convert it onto a jpeg, it SHOULD stay as png as thats what its saved in the mediafire archive as
try: https://www.mediafire.com/view/sowd0vey ... W.png/file this direct link?

click on the image first. yes it looks all jpeggy in the viewer, but then, right click it and choose download.
it will send you to the actual file that is the original png, not the preview...
osjclatchford
 
Joined: 07 Feb 2011

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Postby TommyGalano5 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:16 am

No new things right now just these key replacers
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
TommyGalano5
"If you can find me then you're the next Holmes"
 
Joined: 06 Aug 2020
Location: An Archipelago in Asia
Discord: TommyGalano5#8257
Github ID: TommyG5#75706295
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8 32-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Postby TommyGalano5 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:17 am

Rabbito2 wrote:
Sonik.o.fan wrote:
Doom Eternal minigun


Cool,Could you make the secret pistol from Doom Eternal?

https://imagenesgamers.canalrcn.com/ImgTodoGamers/doom_eternal_pistola.jpg

SGT. Shivers already made one
User avatar
TommyGalano5
"If you can find me then you're the next Holmes"
 
Joined: 06 Aug 2020
Location: An Archipelago in Asia
Discord: TommyGalano5#8257
Github ID: TommyG5#75706295
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8 32-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Postby MentzWolf » Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:53 pm

Ninlhil wrote:Was playing B. DOOM64 recently, and the rifle that was used just didn't do it for me. That launched this little lark of a project.
PISTA0.png

PISTA2.png

-Reskinned basically all the weapons from the game. Gave the Pistol a bit of clean up and tried to make it look closer to a Desert Eagle.
-Shotgun got cleaned up and the front barrel clamp removed, leaving the hexagonal shape to the muzzle.
-Super Shotgun got new details.
-Rifle was edited from screenshots of a 3D model. Kind of a cross between a Mare's Leg and an AK.
-Chaingun got totally reworked, adding a body and drum magazine... and brought back the blue muzzle flash from original D64 because I always thought it was cool.
-Rocket Launcher got cleaned up and a Magazine.
-Plasmagun got some cleanup, new details and muzzle flashes.
-BFG got some new detail (mostly because I was teaching myself about brightmaps and may have gone overboard)
-Unmaker got some cleanup, new muzzle flash and it's idle animation now has a pulsing light.

Just thought I'd share and let them out into the world. Credit goes to id Software, SGT Mark, Logan McCloud and Jack Sharpe. I'll figure out how to upload the complete .zip if there's interest... as right now I don't know how.


As someone with experience making reskin mods I'd absolutely love to use these :D
User avatar
MentzWolf
Renaissance Man
 
Joined: 25 May 2016
Discord: Mentz#2454
Twitch ID: MentzWolf
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Postby osjclatchford » Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:18 am

done some more to these:
OSJC_new_barrel.png

usedsome bits from shadowwarrior and ion fury to 'complete' the set...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by osjclatchford on Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
osjclatchford
 
Joined: 07 Feb 2011

PreviousNext

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests