[SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Postby Captain J » Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:11 am

ChopBlock223 wrote:I recently partook in a megawad effort, 2048 Units Of /vr/ (the final 1.2 version is now available), and for fun I decided I would make some weapons for it, I used some which I had lying around (the 1911, the shotgun with the vented shroud, etc). The weapons have new graphics and/or animations, but mostly behave the same as their vanilla counterparts, available as both a Decorate version, and a stripped down DeHacked version for Boom.
Not bad! The shading of it is amazing. It's quite rare to see some high quality side-loaded magazines.
Captain J
That's Amoreee

Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Postby ChopBlock223 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:22 pm

Also from the 2048GUNS set, this is the basic Doom plasma rifle, but with new muzzle flashes and animations. The frames for the gun are mostly the standard ones and the smoothed ones by Perkristian, with some minor alterations to them.
The muzzle flash is made from the Doom Alpha muzzle flash, and using the crackling lightning from the powered up staff strike in Heretic to make.

plasma11.png

The projectile is sourced from Shadow Warrior, the impact is from Castlevania : Symphony Of The Night, and the wall decals (on the left, the lightning crackle stuff without the 'corona' to them), are based on the projectiles.
Too tired at this hour to make a .gif demonstrating this animation, just check out 2048GUNS to see how they're like.
I didn't have anything on hand to build into a ready plasma gun, and I always thought the original plasma gun looked cool, so i just did the new flashes and projectiles for it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ChopBlock223

Postby ChopBlock223 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:44 pm

The 2048 Rocketlauncher

rockets18.png

The barrel is made from the Drunk Missile Launcher from Rise Of The Triad, the receiver/body of the gun is made from the Double Rocket Launcher, also from ROTT, the vent thing on top is from Hacx's BFG replacement, the scope is a mix of the scope from Hideous Destructor's Ross Rifle, by Matt, and a centered version of the Shadow Warrior Railgun, by sonik.o.fan. The drum magazine is based on a centered version of Shadow Warrior's Riot Shotgun, by Mike12.
The rocket shown in the action is made from the Hideous Destructor scope, the bolt closing the action is made from the body of that subgun I posted earlier, and the muzzle flash is Doom's rocket explosion.
The pickup sprite is based on ROTT's Drunk Missile Launcher, the rockets are from Shadow Warrior, and the big box is based on Doom's.

Spoiler:

Can't be arsed to animate an example .gif for this either, because it's still late.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ChopBlock223

Postby Captain J » Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:50 pm

Looks awesome, looks definitely new. Absolutely cool quality and i love the texture on that shiny scope! But i'd say the lighting on firing animation, where muzzle flash glow on it is a bit too much.
Captain J
That's Amoreee

Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Postby Redead-ITA » Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:40 am

ChopBlock223 wrote:Big thanks to @Redead-ITA

You are welcome man, glad i was able to help at least.
Redead-ITA
I suck at H posing

Postby ChopBlock223 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:02 pm

Captain J wrote:Looks awesome, looks definitely new. Absolutely cool quality and i love the texture on that shiny scope! But i'd say the lighting on firing animation, where muzzle flash glow on it is a bit too much.

A ridiculous weapon like that deserve ridiculous effects. Besides, the glow is only visible 1 tic per frame.

Redead-ITA wrote:You are welcome man, glad i was able to help at least.

Sorry that you had to look at my code, lol
ChopBlock223

Postby NotAPortalKit » Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:27 pm

Just played the mod, wow! Very smooth and very cool!
Are you planning to release all the sprites too?
NotAPortalKit
touhou is fun

Discord: qwertsgpt#1924

Postby ChopBlock223 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:35 am

Yes, it's all free to use for whatever, just leave credits. You can go grab the stuff now, I just haven't bothered posting all the sprite sheets yet.
ChopBlock223

Postby RomDump » Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:14 pm

A sprite from my mod, Doom Angels. The revolver doll (Replaces the zombieman).
Revolver doll sprite sheet.jpg
A small doll granted life by the angels. She has tremendous difficulty carrying and shooting her revolver.
RomDump

Discord: Romdump#1153

Postby ChopBlock223 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:22 pm

The 2048 Super Shotgun, or the "Defender Of The Faith"
Made from the brightened Doom 64 super shotgun with the angled reloading frames, by Batandy, some parts from PerKristian's smooth animations (the heads on the shells, some of the hands in the .wad itself), some parts from a super shotgun by DoomNukem (the grip section and what not), rear sight on frame 2 was by CombineKegan. Muzzleflashes are based on the Doom Alpha ones, they're for firing both barrels at a time, with a 50% chance of alternating. Didn't make any single flashes, but it shouldn't be that hard to do your own.
Pickup sprite is based on DoomNukem's, but I drew a new stock on it.

heavy duty.png

Front sights by me, rib between the barrels by me, cross and Quake emblem by me (skull is from Quake), extractor/ejector, safety, underlug, crossbolt (and its lug, which tbh is a bit too small) also by me, also repainted the front handguard some. Includes parts for not having any sights, no emblem, or if you want to do your own. Includes frames for shells with dented primers. I didn't end up using any of the frames for extraction, but they're there.

Spoiler:
ChopBlock223

Postby VriskaSerket » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:15 am

ChopBlock223 wrote:The 2048 Super Shotgun, or the "Defender Of The Faith"
Made from the brightened Doom 64 super shotgun with the angled reloading frames, by Batandy, some parts from PerKristian's smooth animations (the heads on the shells, some of the hands in the .wad itself), some parts from a super shotgun by DoomNukem (the grip section and what not), rear sight on frame 2 was by CombineKegan. Muzzleflashes are based on the Doom Alpha ones, they're for firing both barrels at a time, with a 50% chance of alternating. Didn't make any single flashes, but it shouldn't be that hard to do your own.
Pickup sprite is based on DoomNukem's, but I drew a new stock on it.

Good grief, that's one hell of a great job there, easily my favorite SSG sprite so far! Top notch work :thumb:

As for me, I just finished this. Updated the Classic 64 to have a brand new chainsaw sprite, and then went on to make the exact opposite process for all guns, thus creating... 64 Classic?
VriskaSerket
a.k.a Squig

Postby Superdave938 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:24 am

Made a Rifle, and a (modified) wad to go along with it
Credit to imphunter for code
Last edited by Superdave938 on Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Superdave938

Discord: Super dave 938#5495

Postby NeuralStunner » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:44 pm

Sigh. "From Realm667" is really not an acceptable amount of credit, especially when it's exactly one more click to get the actual credits.
NeuralStunner
I'll Get By

Discord: NeuralStunner#1293
Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 64-bit

Postby gerolf » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:41 pm

VriskaSerket wrote:As for me, I just finished this. Updated the Classic 64 to have a brand new chainsaw sprite, and then went on to make the exact opposite process for all guns, thus creating... 64 Classic?

Wow, those are awesome! Would love to see a completed set of these.
gerolf

Discord: gerolf#4360
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Postby NotAPortalKit » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:10 pm

VriskaSerket wrote:As for me, I just finished this. Updated the Classic 64 to have a brand new chainsaw sprite, and then went on to make the exact opposite process for all guns, thus creating... 64 Classic?

very cool
Love to see the full sets of these, love to use them in my project!
NotAPortalKit
touhou is fun

Discord: qwertsgpt#1924

PreviousNext

Return to General