[SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Postby Jarewill » Sat Oct 05, 2019 1:47 pm

Sonik.o.fan wrote:Railgun reshade/reskin attempt
images

Damn, your work is honestly amazing.
Keep it up, man!
Jarewill
 
Joined: 21 Jul 2019

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Postby Sonik.o.fan » Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:18 pm

If you're talking about GIF thing - Just click on the image (I used Imgur so you can't see playable GIF, unfortunately)
User avatar
Sonik.o.fan
Potato hater.
 
Joined: 08 Aug 2018
Location: Russian Federation
Discord: TypicalSF#3336

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Postby Vostyok » Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:11 pm

Sonik.o.fan wrote:Railgun reshade/reskin attempt

GIF-file that shows Before/After comparison


Hey, that looks EPIC! I like how you fixed the proportion of the receiver/stock/boxy bit thing at the back. Looks a lot better aligned now.


I've also been looking at our angled doom guns deficit. I''ve retouched my old plasma rifle sprite. If anyone thinks it needs some more work, give me some suggestions or feel free to dig in yourselves.



edit: yes, I know the bellows don't expand, I always thought this was just a trick of the perspective to show the gun pushing back towards the view. If you think they should expand, let me know.
User avatar
Vostyok
Free Radical
 
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: Yurup
Discord: Vostyok#3164

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Postby Canned Yams » Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:35 pm

bruh that looks s m e x y
User avatar
Canned Yams
bruh
 
Joined: 04 Feb 2019
Location: everywhere

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Postby Captain J » Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:48 pm

Looks absolutely amazing, as always! Now i can't wait that railgun to be angled! :D
User avatar
Captain J
'OH YE'
 
 
 
Joined: 02 Oct 2012
Location: Secret Chamber
Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Postby Sonik.o.fan » Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:38 pm

Hope you don't mind if I will try to do something with it later. Amazing job there, bud, I'm very impressed!
User avatar
Sonik.o.fan
Potato hater.
 
Joined: 08 Aug 2018
Location: Russian Federation
Discord: TypicalSF#3336

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Postby Vostyok » Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:20 am

Sonik.o.fan wrote:Hope you don't mind if I will try to do something with it later. Amazing job there, bud, I'm very impressed!


Go for it :D
User avatar
Vostyok
Free Radical
 
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: Yurup
Discord: Vostyok#3164

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Postby osjclatchford » Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:22 pm

crazed_civillian.png
crazed_civillian.png (29.76 KiB) Viewed 354 times

here's a 'crazed' civilian based off of the shadowcaster human slave sprites...

its intended as little more than a living decoration. just think quake2's insane prisoners. Ive made a file with them acting thus:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/bytsirvzory7sgo/osjc_civillian.pk3/file
they spend their time just wandering around complaining and spazzing out on their knees every now and again and generally getting in the way of active firefights and splattering quite spectacularly in the process ;)
to summon simply choose insane_white, insane_grey, insane_black, insane_brown or insane_green and have fun watching them loose their minds at the horror of it all!
osjclatchford
 
Joined: 07 Feb 2011

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Postby Vostyok » Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:45 pm

osjclatchford wrote:
crazed_civillian.png

here's a 'crazed' civilian based off of the shadowcaster human slave sprites...

its intended as little more than a living decoration. just think quake2's insane prisoners. Ive made a file with them acting thus:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/bytsirvzory7sgo/osjc_civillian.pk3/file
they spend their time just wandering around complaining and spazzing out on their knees every now and again and generally getting in the way of active firefights and splattering quite spectacularly in the process ;)
to summon simply choose insane_white, insane_grey, insane_black, insane_brown or insane_green and have fun watching them loose their minds at the horror of it all!


Hey, I have an idea involving these...

Do you mind if I do some edits on them? I might need them for something... :wink:
User avatar
Vostyok
Free Radical
 
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: Yurup
Discord: Vostyok#3164

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Postby osjclatchford » Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:14 pm

by all means my dear vostyok!
thats what I put 'em here for! share and improve thats what I say!
so yeah, please share any edits here for us all!
civilian/non military zombies is on everyone doom mapping list right? :wink:
osjclatchford
 
Joined: 07 Feb 2011

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Postby Canned Yams » Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:16 pm

havn't posted anything super substantial in a bit, so i took some time to refresh my spriting skills and practice shading and stuf
idkwhatthisis.png
idkwhatthisis.png (12.8 KiB) Viewed 287 times
original sprite by yukesvonfaust:
Attachments
ZvmyPEa.png
ZvmyPEa.png (19.8 KiB) Viewed 287 times
User avatar
Canned Yams
bruh
 
Joined: 04 Feb 2019
Location: everywhere

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Postby XLightningStormL » Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:17 pm

osjclatchford wrote:
crazed_civillian.png

here's a 'crazed' civilian based off of the shadowcaster human slave sprites...

its intended as little more than a living decoration. just think quake2's insane prisoners. Ive made a file with them acting thus:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/bytsirvzory7sgo/osjc_civillian.pk3/file
they spend their time just wandering around complaining and spazzing out on their knees every now and again and generally getting in the way of active firefights and splattering quite spectacularly in the process ;)
to summon simply choose insane_white, insane_grey, insane_black, insane_brown or insane_green and have fun watching them loose their minds at the horror of it all!


Whilst it'd be pretty time consuming, scientist/uac workers would be pretty cool just to show off "Not everyone in the invasions is dead, or possessed, some have just gone insane, and the demons love it"

Nonetheless pretty cool, I got Total Recall "Kill them all" vibes by having a shitload of em nut out.
User avatar
XLightningStormL
DUSK Wiki Master
 
Joined: 09 May 2016
Discord: XLightningStormL#7461
Twitch ID: XLightmingStormL

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Postby Canned Yams » Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:19 pm

^maybe some of them are still just doing their job like in the doom eternal phobos gameplay

would probably be cool
User avatar
Canned Yams
bruh
 
Joined: 04 Feb 2019
Location: everywhere

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Postby TheRailgunner » Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:33 pm

TiberiumSoul wrote:These almost look like the Cerberus Pistols used by Brandon Heat in Gungrave!

Good Shit Railgunner!


Image

ADS frame.
User avatar
TheRailgunner
Sunglasses Security Guy knows when you're necrobumping.
 
Joined: 08 Jul 2013

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Postby Captain J » Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:46 pm

Canned Yams wrote:havn't posted anything super substantial in a bit, so i took some time to refresh my spriting skills and practice shading and stuf
Brilliant spriting. That one quite reminds me of post-apocalypse style. Looks good!
User avatar
Captain J
'OH YE'
 
 
 
Joined: 02 Oct 2012
Location: Secret Chamber
Discord: DiscussJ#3128

PreviousNext

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Ahrefs [Bot], Chris, Majestic-12 [Bot], MSN [Bot] and 2 guests