[SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Postby Vegeta(dw) » Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:50 pm

VriskaSerket wrote:Female tyrant.


That monster looks like a creature from a DOOM universe interpretation of heaven.
User avatar
Vegeta(dw)
 
Joined: 09 May 2008

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Postby Canned Yams » Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:23 pm

heres an edit of Mike12's double action revolver, with new hands and in the doom palette

this was really just for me to practice making hands for the first time, but i think it turned out alright
Attachments
revolver.png
User avatar
Canned Yams
bruh
 
Joined: 04 Feb 2019
Location: everywhere

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Postby VriskaSerket » Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:09 pm

jdredalert wrote:Are you going to release full sheets of those? They are awesome, Vriska. I would REALLY love to use those in something RE themed...

I intend to, but it's gonna take quite some time...

EDIT: I made a thing out of a joke some friends did
Attachments
The Baroness.png
because y e s
The Baroness.png (4.45 KiB) Viewed 1002 times
User avatar
VriskaSerket
a.k.a Squig
 
Joined: 19 Apr 2015
Location: Land of Tango and Gauchos

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Postby NovaRain » Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:07 am

Made another set of AK rifle sprites based on GAA1992's take on DIMOSHunter AR.
If I could find some suitable reloading sprites it would be a nice rifle replacement for BDLite.
akset2.png
akset2_bk.png
Last edited by NovaRain on Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:50 am, edited 4 times in total.
User avatar
NovaRain
 
Joined: 20 Jan 2013

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Postby VriskaSerket » Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:10 pm

Oh boy, here I go doing a thing yet again. I'll add more frames later when I have more time, for now it's just a basic test.

Full size frames in case anyone wants to play around with it:
Spoiler:
Attachments
G1_Walk_Test.gif
the first steps of a bad boi
G1_Walk_Test.gif (35.33 KiB) Viewed 945 times
User avatar
VriskaSerket
a.k.a Squig
 
Joined: 19 Apr 2015
Location: Land of Tango and Gauchos

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Postby willkuer » Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:10 am

Mini alien. I have no clue from which game this originally is from...

alien.gif
alien.gif (9.01 KiB) Viewed 814 times
willkuer
 
Joined: 09 Jul 2016
Location: Austria

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Postby jdredalert » Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:01 am

VriskaSerket wrote:Oh boy, here I go doing a thing yet again. I'll add more frames later when I have more time, for now it's just a basic test.

Full size frames in case anyone wants to play around with it:
Spoiler:



That's neat. Are you using Leo2236's RE2 Model Viewer?
User avatar
jdredalert
State of badass art.
 
Joined: 13 Jul 2013

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Postby VriskaSerket » Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:57 pm

jdredalert wrote:
VriskaSerket wrote:That's neat. Are you using Leo2236's RE2 Model Viewer?

Yup, pretty handy tool.
User avatar
VriskaSerket
a.k.a Squig
 
Joined: 19 Apr 2015
Location: Land of Tango and Gauchos

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Postby Canned Yams » Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:25 am

trying to polish a screen rip from the new metro game for a wolfenstein thing im making
any feedback would be appreciated
Attachments
flamethrower1.png
[edit] here's a better version
User avatar
Canned Yams
bruh
 
Joined: 04 Feb 2019
Location: everywhere

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Postby Cherno » Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:02 pm

willkuer wrote:Mini alien. I have no clue from which game this originally is from...

alien.gif


Chryssalid form UFO: Enemy Unknown / X-Com: UFO Defense, of course :)
User avatar
Cherno
 
Joined: 06 Dec 2016

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Postby Captain J » Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:07 am

Canned Yams wrote:trying to polish a screen rip from the new metro game for a wolfenstein thing im making
any feedback would be appreciated
That Flame effect is super big and yet just gorgeous! :trippy:
User avatar
Captain J
'OH YE'
 
 
 
Joined: 02 Oct 2012
Location: Secret Chamber
Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Postby willkuer » Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:55 pm

Now, this entry statement is more a WiP-Thread thing, but I want to give context.
Since I have a lot of mods started, on this forum, but none finised, per se :P , and I tend to deviate towards new, more fun ideas (largely due to time constraints), I was toying with the idea of a hero/character shooter mod combining all those characters... kind of like Broforce for Doom but toying with the Doom"Guy"-joke... long story short, here are some class selection cards (the colored squares to the right is where passive, active and super ability icons would be):

GUYBORG.png
GUYBORG.png (4.36 KiB) Viewed 280 times

PVT_GUY.png
PVT_GUY.png (4.74 KiB) Viewed 280 times


Disclaimer: GZDoom's morph system either is seriously bugged, or I am too stupid. But prototyping this shit as an actual mod gives me the head aches...
willkuer
 
Joined: 09 Jul 2016
Location: Austria

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Postby Cherno » Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:40 pm

Cool idea. I wonder if porting over the gameplay from Broforce would work, with each character having unique skills and weapons.
User avatar
Cherno
 
Joined: 06 Dec 2016

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Postby willkuer » Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:54 pm

Cherno wrote:Cool idea. I wonder if porting over the gameplay from Broforce would work, with each character having unique skills and weapons.

Not directly, no, because the engine doesn't hanlde player character death openly afaik. Once dead (HP=<0), game over. But each character as a weapon slot, morphing to another class only on super ability, might work (thinking without ZScript in mind here). But this certainly is something for a PM or the WiP thread :wink:

Thanks btw for the sprite reference earlier :)
willkuer
 
Joined: 09 Jul 2016
Location: Austria

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Postby Cherno » Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:23 pm

willkuer wrote:
Cherno wrote:Cool idea. I wonder if porting over the gameplay from Broforce would work, with each character having unique skills and weapons.

Not directly, no, because the engine doesn't hanlde player character death openly afaik. Once dead (HP=<0), game over. But each character as a weapon slot, morphing to another class only on super ability, might work (thinking without ZScript in mind here). But this certainly is something for a PM or the WiP thread :wink:

Thanks btw for the sprite reference earlier :)


Doesn't have to be "Doom engine death" :) It could be simulated with a health threshold and upon reaching it, the player "dies" and respawns as a new class.
User avatar
Cherno
 
Joined: 06 Dec 2016

PreviousNext

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Semrush [Bot] and 6 guests