[SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Postby Vostyok » Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:38 pm

LossForWords wrote:well, here's a heavy machinegun.
original sprites by apogee and midway.


That's... Actually pretty sweet :D
Very cool.
User avatar
Vostyok
Zone Trippin'
 
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: The Place of Broken Dreams
Discord: Vostyok#3164

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Postby Bites! » Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:42 pm

LossForWords wrote:well, here's a heavy machinegun.
original sprites by apogee and midway.


Good Job! :D
User avatar
Bites!
 
Joined: 08 Jul 2018
Location: In E1M1 on the outside of the base taking sun
Discord: Bites!#2717

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Postby Captain J » Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:06 am

LossForWords wrote:well, here's a heavy machinegun.
original sprites by apogee and midway.
Very nice and superb HMG sprite. And would be extra nice if that bullet belt could move!
User avatar
Captain J
'OH YE'
 
 
 
Joined: 02 Oct 2012
Location: Secret Chamber
Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Postby LossForWords » Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:01 pm

ok, here's a rehearsed heavy machinegun, with moving belt, empty box and a few bells and whistles.
also, here's a lever action shotgun. if you position the centered sprite correctly, the reload sprites sorta work.
edit: added hands, shrunk the reload sprites barrels, added new pickup sprite, suppose it's better now.
Attachments
turbolever.png
pewpewwithavengeance.png
Last edited by LossForWords on Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:30 am, edited 4 times in total.
User avatar
LossForWords
your friendly neighborhood друг.
 
Joined: 13 Jan 2017

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Postby Assassin of Purity » Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:59 am

LossForWords wrote:ok, here's a rehearsed heavy machinegun, with moving belt, empty box and a few bells and whistles.
also, here's a lever action shotgun. if you position the centered sprite correctly, the reload sprites sorta work.

Great as usual.
User avatar
Assassin of Purity
 
Joined: 10 May 2018

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Postby ElectricPulse » Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:48 am

A CAR-15 rifle from an abandoned project:

Image
User avatar
ElectricPulse
Don't worry, i'm just a simple man.
 
Joined: 31 May 2016
Location: São Paulo - Brazil

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Postby YukesVonFaust » Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:31 am

ElectricPulse wrote:A CAR-15 rifle from an abandoned project:

Image

That looks cool, any idle, reload & firing frames (centered and/or angled)?
User avatar
YukesVonFaust
Kicking Asses and Taking Names
 
Joined: 09 Feb 2015
Location: in your area, where else
Discord: YukesVonFaust#9009

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Postby ElectricPulse » Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:57 am

Nah, i was trying to make an animation for the player when sprinting, but i gave up :S
User avatar
ElectricPulse
Don't worry, i'm just a simple man.
 
Joined: 31 May 2016
Location: São Paulo - Brazil

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Postby PoptartNoahh » Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:22 pm

Modified a gun from this thread, then ran it through the neural upscale to find that it comes out looking sandblasted, then modified it some more and slapped on the hands from ashes 2063 because they look cool.

could be better, anyways
Attachments
epic thing.png
pretty happy with the result actually
PoptartNoahh
 
Joined: 11 Dec 2017
Discord: PoptartNoahh#2982

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Postby el armadillo2 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:26 pm

PoptartNoahh wrote:Modified a gun from this thread, then ran it through the neural upscale to find that it comes out looking sandblasted, then modified it some more and slapped on the hands from ashes 2063 because they look cool.

could be better, anyways

...But who made the original?
el armadillo2
 
Joined: 11 Nov 2016
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow.

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Postby DustedPandemonic » Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:28 pm

Flayed Ones from Warhammer 40k.
Image
Edited from Soul Harvester, HorrorMovieGuy's Soul Harvester edits (melee attack), Pyro Imp claws, and that Red Swamp Zombie that I don't know the origin of.
User avatar
DustedPandemonic
 
Joined: 28 Nov 2017
Discord: DustedPandemonic#6496

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Postby PoptartNoahh » Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:06 pm

that looks sweeeet
are you planning on making a full set?
PoptartNoahh
 
Joined: 11 Dec 2017
Discord: PoptartNoahh#2982

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Postby Captain J » Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:41 am

Yoo finally. Some WH40k sprites! Splendid work.
User avatar
Captain J
'OH YE'
 
 
 
Joined: 02 Oct 2012
Location: Secret Chamber
Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Postby DustedPandemonic » Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:44 pm

PoptartNoahh wrote:that looks sweeeet
are you planning on making a full set?

Yep! It may be a bit before it's fully done, but I can assure you there will be a full set.
User avatar
DustedPandemonic
 
Joined: 28 Nov 2017
Discord: DustedPandemonic#6496

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Postby Mr.Enchanter » Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:10 pm

el armadillo2 wrote:
PoptartNoahh wrote:Modified a gun from this thread, then ran it through the neural upscale to find that it comes out looking sandblasted, then modified it some more and slapped on the hands from ashes 2063 because they look cool.

could be better, anyways

...But who made the original?


I did, it was a screen rip of the grenade launcher from d'16
User avatar
Mr.Enchanter
Certified Shitposter
 
Joined: 21 Mar 2015
Location: USA
Discord: Enchanter#5420

PreviousNext

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Ahrefs [Bot], Hellstorm Archon and 2 guests