[SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
VriskaSerket
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Post by VriskaSerket »

Nice rips from Resident Evil!
Meanwhile I'm struggling to rip the gun sprites from Dino Crisis 2, since they're already cropped in game kinda (due to the use of animations in the inventory and check screen). Managed to rip Dylan's shotgun so that's my first success. Wanted these sprites for a long time, honestly. Later tonight I'll get to ripping the rest of the guns, as well as other items.
Attachments
wew lad
wew lad
DC2_Shotgun.png (5.49 KiB) Viewed 1360 times
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

since you are ripping directly from the game they might come cleaner, but theres this program which might be useful for you:

https://www.romhacking.net/utilities/1138/

I hope to find the original link, but i can't remember honestly. it requires a ITEM.DAT file from either the PC or the PSX version of Dino Crisis 2. I ripped some items for Factotum, if you are interested. I also used this program to rip the items from Dino Crisis 1, even though the program wasn't designed to do so, but uses the same logic. Hope you have luck in it.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Here's what i had until now. By tomorrow, if you want, i can rip all weapons and keys.

VriskaSerket

Post by VriskaSerket »

GAA1992 wrote:snibeti snab
Oh boy, thanks buddy! I'll try ripping the others myself. I'm using 3DRipperDX to just dump all the textures of everything displayed onscreen while the game is running in ePSXe. A somewhat tedious job as i have to manually open each file (iirc they're dumped in .tga) to see what it is, but it gets the job done as it comes with alpha channel and whatnot. Gonna have to use some cheats to get all the items though, don't wanna finish the game for the 5th time lol.

I honestly have many ideas for Doom mods but scripting and such is something I haven't learned yet (though what I have in mind is rather simple), but at least these will see good use eventually once I get to that. Plus I always enjoy playing around with sprites anyway.
TheMightyHeracross

Post by TheMightyHeracross »

Had a quick stab at making rotations for the ARMRA0 head from Strife (the guy getting converted into an acolyte) using Macil's head as a reference. It's really rough because I'm not a very good spriter.

Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Looks quite neat, except the final 8 angle. That looks too much like a front-facing face with an angled cyber half pasted on. I don't suppose you are going to try to tackle the whole sprite are you?
TheMightyHeracross

Post by TheMightyHeracross »

I think I fixed the angle a bit here.

And yeah that was the plan, as well as helmetess regular acolyte sprites. I figured getting the head done alone first would ease the task, and would be useful if someone wanted to frankensprite it onto something else.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Looks much better. However, I think if you also darken the pixel to the right of his left (non cyber) eye it looks even better.

I'll be interested to see what you come up with when you do the other sprites you mentioned. A helmet-less acolyte should be cool.

[edit] Hmmm, I just noticed that the original front-on view is really quite small. I wonder if all the angles need to be made smaller/skinnier somehow (cheap , quick edit below).

bigger:

VriskaSerket

Post by VriskaSerket »

Almost ripped everything. As far as I know I'm only missing 2 items (the upgrades for both melee weapons) and 8 weapons (both upgraded melees, Regina's SMG, HMG and Missile pod, and the 3 underwater weapons)
I would've ripped 'em all in one go but the game crashed before I could get to the shop station thingy with Regina, and I can't force the remaining items to show up there before playing to the right part of the game. I'll finish ripping the rest later, but in the meantime this is pretty good I think.

Also, does anyone know why imgur pics show up weird?
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Define "weird". Do you mean the black boxes around the images and the non-transparent background? If you use the imgur tags on this forum, the image preview is altered (mostly for size). Click on it and the image should open properly and look fine.

viewtopic.php?t=57325
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Finally somebody pulled the gas mask crystal clean. Even with the program i sent you, it used to have some green stray pixels around, and that bugged me. I will bring my version of the rips as soon as i can.

Thank you a lot Vriska.
VriskaSerket

Post by VriskaSerket »

Did some experiments with these three sprites just for fun.
Attachments
DC2_HD.png
DC2_HD.png (57.47 KiB) Viewed 1008 times
skyrish10
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 7

Post by skyrish10 »

willkuer wrote: Laser rifle based on this (actually a pistol):
https://www.artstation.com/artwork/O3APv
You know that Fallout 4 lets you modify the laser pistol into a laser rifle in weapons workbench.
willkuer

Post by willkuer »

skyrish10 wrote:
willkuer wrote: Laser rifle based on this (actually a pistol):
https://www.artstation.com/artwork/O3APv
You know that Fallout 4 lets you modify the laser pistol into a laser rifle in weapons workbench.
Yeah, after about 300 hours playtime, I should know :D
I wanted to say, that the classic Fallout Laser Rifle has a metal stock, which this one lacks. So yeah, it's more Fallout 4ish than classic :)
EndHack

Post by EndHack »

I just made this out of boredom its kind of weird and thought someone might think it looked funny
IDoNotKnow.png
IDoNotKnow.png (2.51 KiB) Viewed 855 times
IDoNotKnow2.png
IDoNotKnow2.png (2.4 KiB) Viewed 843 times
IDoNotKnow3.png
IDoNotKnow3.png (2.45 KiB) Viewed 839 times
Last edited by EndHack on Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General”