Page 2055 of 2353

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:00 am
by Gez
ImpieTwo wrote:The centaur babe has quickly become my favorite.

Mine would be the psycho grandma.

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:35 am
by ElectricPulse
Are you running outta ammo? Don't worry, i got your solution!

Image

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:41 pm
by SoulCircle
Concept idea: The Soul Circle. May make an actual power up based off this item that gives both the megasphere and berserk affect, maybe even something better.

Spoiler: This is what it looks like.


Inspirations:
Danzig's logo (For the mouth)
Demonic cliches (Eyes, flaming pupils)
The entirety of the Project Black Mass team for talking with me on it.

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:59 pm
by Vostyok
I was sitting here stuck for ideas with a map I'm doing. Spent an hour or two with these:

Image Image Image Image

More-GrittyTM Suppressed Beretta M9, credits go (deep breath) Mike12, Banjo Software, Midway, Wildweasel, Uboa, Minigunner

Image Image

Ak74-M, with big-ass hands. Credits go to Sebastian H. Andersson from Sketchfab. Hands and flash from... JDRedalert?? Not sure.

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:05 pm
by YukesVonFaust
Vostyok wrote:I was sitting here stuck for ideas with a map I'm doing. Spent an hour or two with these:

Image Image Image Image

More-GrittyTM Suppressed Beretta M9, credits go (deep breath) Mike12, Banjo Software, Midway, Wildweasel, Uboa, Minigunner

Image Image

Ak74-M, with big-ass hands. Credits go to Sebastian H. Andersson from Sketchfab. Hands and flash from... JDRedalert?? Not sure.

the muzzleflash is from Last Rites, by Ocean, but i believe it was an edit by someone...

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:10 pm
by wildweasel
Vostyok wrote:I was sitting here stuck for ideas with a map I'm doing. Spent an hour or two with these:

Image Image Image Image

More-GrittyTM Suppressed Beretta M9, credits go (deep breath) Mike12, Banjo Software, Midway, Wildweasel, Uboa, Minigunner

If I might offer some criticism, you may want to consider looking at photo reference of what a suppressor attached to a pistol looks like from a profile view - this suppressor ends up significantly thinner in profile view than from its idle position. While this photograph is of a much smaller model than the M9, you will primarily want to look at how thick it is in relation to its barrel. Remember that the suppressor is roughly the same diameter as the barrel inside, with the rest of its thickness being the baffling and gas-pocketing that makes the actual device work. Otherwise, all you have is a really long barrel extension.

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:15 pm
by Captain J
ElectricPulse wrote:Are you running outta ammo? Don't worry, i got your solution!

Image
Looks way too thin, but yeah. They're still helpful. Thanks!

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:15 am
by ImpieTwo
Gez wrote:
ImpieTwo wrote:The centaur babe has quickly become my favorite.

Mine would be the psycho grandma.

She has the best death animation in the whole game, but I don't wanna spoil it here.

I will spoil the medusa's idle animation though.


Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:49 am
by ThrashfanBert1994
heres the updates so far teehee!

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:52 am
by Captain J
Hahahah, nice animation! And come to think of it, the art style indeed reminds me of 8 bit era. Would be nice with 8 bit textures.

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:12 am
by ElectricPulse
AK47 i worked in the last three days:

Image

3D model by Vulcture on sketchfab and ripped by myself

Hope you guys enjoy it :D

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:10 am
by Vostyok
wildweasel wrote:If I might offer some criticism, you may want to consider looking at photo reference of what a suppressor attached to a pistol looks like from a profile view - this suppressor ends up significantly thinner in profile view than from its idle position. While this photograph is of a much smaller model than the M9, you will primarily want to look at how thick it is in relation to its barrel. Remember that the suppressor is roughly the same diameter as the barrel inside, with the rest of its thickness being the baffling and gas-pocketing that makes the actual device work. Otherwise, all you have is a really long barrel extension.


I was actually using this for reference:

Image

But yeah, it does look like it has magically grown thicker when held 'on target', now that I look at it again. It was just for a bit of practice really, but I'll work on it some more. Thanks.

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:06 pm
by ElectricPulse
Updated the ammo pack:

Image

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:23 pm
by Turbo
I'm trying to improve upon Captain J's awesome handless Duke 64 shotty sprite edits by adding more depth to the heat shield and a rear sight, which I'm not entirely satisfied with.
By the way, what is the most efficient way to convert an image to Duke 64's color palette?

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:16 pm
by Captain J
Hmm, nice going lad! And i think it looks good already. And now i'm wondering, where's the Duke Nukem 64 palette? Is it same as Duke3D's?