[SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Postby Captain J » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:04 pm

SmarineS wrote:For some reason I never liked the muzzle flashes on the Wolf3D guns...
Now I tried some other ones on them and I have to say I can't decide which one is better.
Image
There are frames with the same muzzle flash effect but there is a difference between them: their size and shape. ("Size and shape" if you know what I mean... :D)
Yeah, they all looks cartoony and sharp unlike the art style of Wolf3d. But hey, you definitely nailed it!
User avatar
Captain J
That's Amoreee
 
 
 
Joined: 02 Oct 2012
Location: A Year old Pizza Box
Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Postby HyperLuke » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:44 pm

HyperLuke wrote:I'm no spriter *yet*. So I was looking for a comprehensive guide to both the technical and artistic sides of spriting.

Why am I being ignored?
User avatar
HyperLuke
 
Joined: 22 Jul 2016
Location: Inside a shotgun shell.

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Postby Carbine Dioxide » Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:15 am

You could look in some of the Tutorial threads instead of bumping your post here for starters.
User avatar
Carbine Dioxide
Me and Pain go way back.
 
Joined: 12 Jun 2014
Location: Anywhere.

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Postby comet1337 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:16 am

HyperLuke wrote:
HyperLuke wrote:I'm no spriter *yet*. So I was looking for a comprehensive guide to both the technical and artistic sides of spriting.

Why am I being ignored?

this is not a tutorial request thread
User avatar
comet1337
 
Joined: 25 Sep 2015
Location: elsewhere

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Postby Gifty » Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:29 am

I'm attempting to touch up some of the PK smooth sprites for a weapon project, and one of my big targets is smoothing the awkward transition between the super shotgun's idle and reload states. My current in-between frame looks alright ingame when it goes by quickly, but on closer inspection the barrel is a little warped and the hand doesn't move believably. Any pointers?

Image
User avatar
Gifty
Recon'ize that smell?
 
Joined: 16 Jun 2013

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Postby RockstarRaccoon » Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:59 am

SmarineS wrote:For some reason I never liked the muzzle flashes on the Wolf3D guns...
Now I tried some other ones on them and I have to say I can't decide which one is better.
Image
There are frames with the same muzzle flash effect but there is a difference between them: their size and shape. ("Size and shape" if you know what I mean... :D)

These are definitely better. You know what else has shitty muzzleflash animations? Strife. What the fuck is with that assault rifle?
User avatar
RockstarRaccoon
Totally Babies
 
Joined: 31 Jul 2016

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Postby Captain J » Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:52 am

I'm sure Sigil has the worst muzzle flash, too. It just covers whole weapon and it looks not okay nor powerful-looking. At least Brutal Strife fixed some of weapons' problem.
Gifty wrote:I'm attempting to touch up some of the PK smooth sprites for a weapon project, and one of my big targets is smoothing the awkward transition between the super shotgun's idle and reload states. My current in-between frame looks alright ingame when it goes by quickly, but on closer inspection the barrel is a little warped and the hand doesn't move believably. Any pointers?
Now that looks much more perspective. Also haven't thought about that until now. So, excellent touch!
User avatar
Captain J
That's Amoreee
 
 
 
Joined: 02 Oct 2012
Location: A Year old Pizza Box
Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Postby TheRailgunner » Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:09 pm

Image

Working on some sort of edit of an interesting double shotty I saw on here a while back - it's for a project called "Alt-Tech".
User avatar
TheRailgunner
Don't let fascism win. Not in the US, or anywhere in the world.
 
Joined: 09 Jul 2013

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Postby Dr_Cosmobyte » Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:40 pm

Duke 64 and Last Rites? Cool.
User avatar
Dr_Cosmobyte
Also known as: GAA1992
 
Joined: 05 Jun 2015
Location: Killing spiders.

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Postby potetobloke » Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:08 pm

Zeus_X27.png
Muh first sprite rip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
potetobloke
Thanks to Skelegant for the profile picture!
 
Joined: 07 Dec 2016
Location: In a chemical world
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Postby Dr_Cosmobyte » Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:40 pm

Pretty good for a first sprite rip!
User avatar
Dr_Cosmobyte
Also known as: GAA1992
 
Joined: 05 Jun 2015
Location: Killing spiders.

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Postby Carbine Dioxide » Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:10 pm

TheRailgunner wrote:Image

Working on some sort of edit of an interesting double shotty I saw on here a while back - it's for a project called "Alt-Tech".


A very tasty edit indeed, Rail Gunner! I hope you don't mind me asking, but what exactly is this project "Alt-Tech"? If it's too WIP to say or classified then I understand. :)
User avatar
Carbine Dioxide
Me and Pain go way back.
 
Joined: 12 Jun 2014
Location: Anywhere.

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Postby DIMOShunter » Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:43 pm

UAC dual blade Chainsaw.
CHAINSW.png
User avatar
DIMOShunter
You suck
 
Joined: 10 Nov 2016
Location: Earth

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Postby potetobloke » Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:55 pm

I got bored
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
potetobloke
Thanks to Skelegant for the profile picture!
 
Joined: 07 Dec 2016
Location: In a chemical world
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Postby Captain J » Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:04 am

That big hand pretty reminds me of Duke 3D. Yeah, must be that big hand.
User avatar
Captain J
That's Amoreee
 
 
 
Joined: 02 Oct 2012
Location: A Year old Pizza Box
Discord: DiscussJ#3128

PreviousNext

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests