[SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Postby Dr_Cosmobyte » Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:18 pm

Marvelous! Mind if i use them?
User avatar
Dr_Cosmobyte
Demons are a disease. Meet the cure.
 
Joined: 05 Jun 2015
Location: Killing spiders.

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Postby Mr.Enchanter » Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:24 pm

GAA1992 wrote:Marvelous! Mind if i use them?

Not at all :)
User avatar
Mr.Enchanter
Certified Shitposter
 
Joined: 21 Mar 2015
Location: USA
Discord: Enchanter#5420

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Postby Arch-vile90 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:58 am

Mr.Enchanter wrote:
This is just an optional upgrade mode for it, the other one that you saw is the main gun. Most of the guns are getting new upgraded modes, so keep an eye out, you'll see my handiwork a lot more in PB in the new release than the last.


I mean this one was much better of the current version. It's more like a barrel cannon. The new sprites do look a box that shoots. ( dont blame me, is just a personal opinion )
2HMFD0.png
Old auto cannon sprite
2HMFD0.png (27.64 KiB) Viewed 767 times
User avatar
Arch-vile90
Do you poba? if yes, you're welcome!
 
Joined: 01 Jul 2014
Location: Italy, the place of pizza

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Postby eppn5 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:19 am

Supposed to be a grenade launcher, based on the Doom 4 version. The only thing I'm proud of here is the pickup sprite. Credits go to Amuscaria and me.
Image
Last edited by eppn5 on Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
eppn5
Crusader in Hell
 
Joined: 22 Sep 2016

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Postby nakkemake » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:16 am

Can I use that as a autoflakgun if I credit you? :D
User avatar
nakkemake
 
Joined: 24 Apr 2015
Location: ┌П┐(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿)

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Postby eppn5 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:33 am

nakkemake wrote:Can I use that as a autoflakgun if I credit you? :D

Sure, go ahead.
Edit: Don't forget to credit Amuscaria for the base of the pickup and HUD sprite.
User avatar
eppn5
Crusader in Hell
 
Joined: 22 Sep 2016

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Postby ThrashfanBert1994 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:29 pm

eppn5 wrote:
nakkemake wrote:Can I use that as a autoflakgun if I credit you? :D

Sure, go ahead.
Edit: Don't forget to credit Amuscaria for the base of the pickup and HUD sprite.


*grenade launcher
ThrashfanBert1994
 
Joined: 11 Sep 2015

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Postby Mr.Enchanter » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:35 pm

Arch-vile90 wrote:
Mr.Enchanter wrote:
This is just an optional upgrade mode for it, the other one that you saw is the main gun. Most of the guns are getting new upgraded modes, so keep an eye out, you'll see my handiwork a lot more in PB in the new release than the last.


I mean this one was much better of the current version. It's more like a barrel cannon. The new sprites do look a box that shoots. ( dont blame me, is just a personal opinion )
2HMFD0.png


Yeah, that sprite also makes the gun look like it's made of plastic. I used Blox's edit to touch up the highlights on the original a bit. The main gun looks similar, and doesn't reuse the same handle and ammo belt that every brutal chaingun seems to have.
Image
Last edited by Mr.Enchanter on Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
Mr.Enchanter
Certified Shitposter
 
Joined: 21 Mar 2015
Location: USA
Discord: Enchanter#5420

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Postby wildweasel » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:37 pm

ThrashfanBert1994 wrote:*grenade launcher

I don't understand.
User avatar
wildweasel
change o' pace.
Moderator Team Lead
 
Joined: 16 Jul 2003

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Postby Captain J » Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:03 pm

I think bert wanted to fix nakkemake's typo, autoflakgun into a grenade launcher. Because it looks similar as Kinsie's Grenade launcher, Maybe?
User avatar
Captain J
'OH YE'
 
 
 
Joined: 02 Oct 2012
Location: Secret Chamber
Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Postby Arch-vile90 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:07 pm

Mr.Enchanter wrote:Yeah, that sprite also makes the gun look like it's made of plastic. I used Blox's edit to touch up the highlights on the original a bit. The main gun looks similar, and doesn't reuse the same handle and ammo belt that every brutal chaingun seems to have.


The overheat was a really cool thing tbh, btw I cant wait to see it done. The project idea of this weapon has incredible potential.
User avatar
Arch-vile90
Do you poba? if yes, you're welcome!
 
Joined: 01 Jul 2014
Location: Italy, the place of pizza

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Postby chronoteeth » Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:31 pm

Image
User avatar
chronoteeth
abubub
 
Joined: 08 Sep 2004

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Postby wildweasel » Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:59 pm

Captain J wrote:I think bert wanted to fix nakkemake's typo, autoflakgun into a grenade launcher. Because it looks similar as Kinsie's Grenade launcher, Maybe?

But there's no apparent error in the posts he's quoting.
User avatar
wildweasel
change o' pace.
Moderator Team Lead
 
Joined: 16 Jul 2003

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Postby RUNSABER » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:02 pm

chronoteeth wrote:Image


I'd definitely like to see your sprites used in an espionage 3DGE project. Ala Perfect Dark mixed with a little bit of Goldeneye :wink: I'd be the first to mod for it.
User avatar
RUNSABER
Battlehammer God
 
Joined: 03 Apr 2015

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Postby Captain J » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:24 pm

wildweasel wrote:But there's no apparent error in the posts he's quoting.
I'm guessing he tried to tell how autoflakgun sounds unfamiliar with doom besides unreal series, unfortunately with less detail.

Okay, we just should not care this any further. My head hurts.
User avatar
Captain J
'OH YE'
 
 
 
Joined: 02 Oct 2012
Location: Secret Chamber
Discord: DiscussJ#3128

PreviousNext

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Semrush [Bot] and 8 guests