Page 1789 of 2462

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:01 pm
by Dr_Cosmobyte
Image

Something i done out of boredom. There are more frames done. You can see that the pinky finger is slightly altered from the original powerslave sprite to avoid a angled mess.

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:14 pm
by Metal_Spaghetti
Ok first part is done :D

Now i need your help, i can't find the complete sprite rotation :shrug: , can you link me a image of the complete zombie rotation

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:19 pm
by Devianteist
Metal_Spaghetti wrote:Ok first part is done :D

Now i need your help, i can't find the complete sprite rotation :shrug: , can you link me a image of the complete zombie rotation


Here's a link to the Spriter's Resource Zombieman Sheet.

On the subject of full rotations, I thought the Zombieman rotations were just mirrored when viewing them from either side? Like, same sprites, just mirrored. Or am I remember this wrong?

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:50 pm
by Metal_Spaghetti
Yes, but Romero (I think he made them) the complete sprites rotations

Image

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:56 pm
by Carbine Dioxide
Centered Sovereign prototype, more moving parts than the final model. Edited in gray scale, so I can add my own colors. Plus, you guys can color it too! Credits to Doom Nukem.

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:12 pm
by InsanityBringer
Metal_Spaghetti wrote:Yes, but Romero (I think he made them) the complete sprites rotations
look here for the relevant sheets

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:20 pm
by Gez
Metal_Spaghetti wrote:Romero (I think he made them) the complete sprites rotations

Nope, he didn't make them. He just released them. They were made by Kevin Cloud and/or Adrian Carmack, the artists at id Software. Then they decided to cut these angles out to reduce a bit the size of the game data, because they could mirror the opposite frame instead. People found out that these frames existed by looking at the screenshot of E2M8 from the shareware end screen, and when Romero felt in a giving mood he accepted to release them and other unused art resources from Doom's development.

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:35 pm
by Metal_Spaghetti
InsanityBringer wrote:
Metal_Spaghetti wrote:Yes, but Romero (I think he made them) the complete sprites rotations
look here for the relevant sheets


thanks bro :thumb:

Gez wrote:
Metal_Spaghetti wrote:Romero (I think he made them) the complete sprites rotations

Nope, he didn't make them. He just released them. They were made by Kevin Cloud and/or Adrian Carmack, the artists at id Software. Then they decided to cut these angles out to reduce a bit the size of the game data, because they could mirror the opposite frame instead. People found out that these frames existed by looking at the screenshot of E2M8 from the shareware end screen, and when Romero felt in a giving mood he accepted to release them and other unused art resources from Doom's development.


Oh... ok
thanks for the information :biggrin:

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:34 pm
by Carbine Dioxide
I colored it.

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:45 pm
by DoomKrakken
Looks good! A couple things...
- The ammo container is supposed to be hexagonal.
- The ammo container is supposed to be centered on the gun, instead of off to the right.

Other than that, it looks great!

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:05 pm
by Carbine Dioxide
Like I said before, it was never meant to be a recreation of the one in Gun Caster, but more of a "prototype" or lighter version.

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:31 pm
by Wolfbrf
I'm doing fatalities for my mod. its just the sprites, i want to add cool blood effects and explosions on the end(super sentai)

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:19 pm
by Captain J
Fatality now meets the anime. Meh, expected.
InsanityBringer wrote:
Metal_Spaghetti wrote:Yes, but Romero (I think he made them) the complete sprites rotations
look here for the relevant sheets
Oooooh, those are some good resources. And at last i found them! Thanks!

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:21 pm
by VriskaSerket
Image
Yeah, I was gonna work on something else, but I couldn't resist...

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:11 pm
by Kostov
Ooh, nice.