[SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Post by Captain J »

DRAM-2 Sniper Laser Rifle.PNG
Dastardly Drat! I have so many things to do! Have at this first!

Original by Thunderbull at Sketchfab.com.
VriskaSerket
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by VriskaSerket »

osjclatchford wrote:by 'eck thats amazing! more please ;)
It doesn't perform as nicely on monsters, sadly:
Spoiler:
Some details (Like the Baron and Hellknight's faces) lose detail.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Have you ever tried it on textures, then?
VriskaSerket
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by VriskaSerket »

Captain J wrote:Have you ever tried it on textures, then?
Well, they're small, dark and have little detail. That makes 'em lose a bit of what little detail they might have.
Pretty uninteresting results tbh, except for the purple sky.
Spoiler:
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

I love how the night sky went, though? Except it's not starry anymore, but kinda beautiful. Also thanks for giving it a try!
Mr.Enchanter

Post by Mr.Enchanter »

More work on the Autocannon...
Carbine Dioxide

Post by Carbine Dioxide »

It looks like there's two hands on that thing right now. If so, does this thing have a trigger and grip?
adamaH_oriH

Post by adamaH_oriH »

Carbine Dioxide wrote:It looks like there's two hands on that thing right now. If so, does this thing have a trigger and grip?
I'm STILL trying to figure out the same question with the BFG9000.
RSSwizard

Post by RSSwizard »

Vostyok wrote:Reposting here, since I'm tired of working on these.

I made a cleaned up version of it a few months back. Havent done anything with it since then though. Somebody complained about the hand/thumb but im not a doom-hands kinda guy.
Attachments
plasma copy.png
plasma copy.png (18.73 KiB) Viewed 1777 times
Vostyok
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Post by Vostyok »

RSSwizard wrote:

I made a cleaned up version of it a few months back. Havent done anything with it since then though. Somebody complained about the hand/thumb but im not a doom-hands kinda guy.
Hey that's pretty sweet looking.
Yeah same, I try to stay the fuck away from hands if at all possible. Maybe a better one will get put on the master hands sheet
RSSwizard

Post by RSSwizard »

simpletonnn wrote:was playing around until i accidentally made something that looks cool
I want to take this and turn it into a Railgun (different front piece). Somehow looks gnarly enough to offset the cheap looking nature of a railgun, I think itll make a good one. It sorta has a grungy tech feel with those side pieces that reminds me of the lightning gun from quake 1.

What I want to do is replace the Chainsaw with the Railgun and give it a 4 shot capacity. The shots recharge so you always have a deadly weapon, but it takes awhile for them to recharge, so you cant just run around railing everything - hefty damage plus penetrating, and especially long range accuracy makes it more of a tool than a weapon.

And its as much of a defense weapon as the chainsaw would be because it will blow away anything but a bruiser (including a horde of pinkies) when you really need it to.

And I think ill put it in Weapon Slot 2 and take away the pistol when you get it. Railgun has infinite ammo effectively so technically its better than the pistol.

Code: Select all

[size=85]For flavor text ill say that its a prototype series that siphons power from interdimensional gravity waves, an expansion on the BFG technology for energy production. For ammunition it uses common Drill Bits like the simple ones that come with emergency maintenance kids that uac personnel are issued, which zombies wouldn't think to use. So getting the slugs is a no brainer, its just in its prototype stage the weapon doesnt have an energy system adapter to handle plugging in Cells yet.[/size]
Im thinking of running a script to replace the ammo, though ive never done zdoom script before. If I can im going to set it to something like 30 seconds cooldown then 10 seconds per extra shot (so leaving it alone for 1 minute will recharge it back to 4). I might also just put it on the weapon ready frames and allow selecting it with no ammo - so you have to babysit the weapon while it recharges (make that 10 seconds per shot, or a 20% chance every 2 seconds maybe).

Chainsaw is kinda a rare weapon to run across compared to others. I find that when I wanna use Melee its normally because ive got Bezerk, so having to cycle past the chainsaw is annoying.

I could make it a 3 shot wonder but I want it to be useful for the situations where you need it, and im thinking 200 damage per shot so it can securely kill a hell knight, mancubus, or arch. Though I realize that also puts it in sniping territory for disposing of bosses since it takes awhile to kill them with rockets anyway.

I may make it a 2 shot wonder with a little longer recharge.
RSSwizard

Post by RSSwizard »

Vostyok wrote:
RSSwizard wrote:
Hey that's pretty sweet looking.
Yeah same, I try to stay the fuck away from hands if at all possible. Maybe a better one will get put on the master hands sheet
Huh I just noticed that the Attachment I posted looks a little garbled like a JPG, but when I re-saved the picture to double check it was the ideal quality I left it at. So if you save the pic its actually the proper quality. Guess the forum programming is displaying jpg versions of stuff but storing the actual thing for download. Weird shit.
RSSwizard

Post by RSSwizard »

Carbine Dioxide wrote:It looks like there's two hands on that thing right now. If so, does this thing have a trigger and grip?
Whenever people put angled UAC text on weapons it looks like "VAC" and somehow suggests this is an industrial vaccum cleaner of some kind. I just cant get my mind around that, its so distracting.

The trigger can easily be explained as being on the right side, or maybe it has two triggers that must be pressed to engage this devastating weapon, a built in safety feature since nobody would try to use it one handed.
RSSwizard

Post by RSSwizard »

RSSwizard wrote:
simpletonnn wrote:was playing around until i accidentally made something that looks cool
<awesome heavy rifle image from earlier in page>
I want to take this and turn it into a Railgun (different front piece). Somehow looks gnarly enough to offset the cheap looking nature of a railgun, I think itll make a good one. It sorta has a grungy tech feel with those side pieces that reminds me of the lightning gun from quake 1.

I may make it a 2 shot wonder with a little longer recharge.
Actually this does seem like a natural fit, 2 shots for 200 damage each. For having infinite ammo that is an offset price to pay, and if you cant get your butt out of a corner with 2 railgun shots you deserve to be eaten. Maybe thats how other marines dropped their railguns. This is an excellent idea. And I think ill make it come loaded with only 1 shot so its like picking up a musket, very limited immediate benefit.

Plus makes it less of a cheap weapon to dispose of bosses or a snipe happy Archvile, since you'd have to endure at least one reload cycle to deliver all 4 of the required shots. If you want to kill from a distance then that is game balance, plus it wont kill the end boss either. Why bother using the Fist - Berserk of course. Does remove some of the survival horror aspect (however in my mod ive made dropping of Shotgun and Chaingun from zombies optional, so in a map where thats game-breaking this kinda compensates).

...and this gives me bad ideas about making a reusable 1 shot wonder BFG, it does its job then you have to use other weapons.
Carbine Dioxide

Post by Carbine Dioxide »

Wow, never seen a quadruple post before.

Return to “General”