[SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Postby VriskaSerket » Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:14 am

Well, what d'ya know, I actually failed to predict my own actions for once. I ended up fixing the Bow Gun to have a more consistent body. Also added some fingers because ayy lmao.

And here's the handless sheet:
Spoiler:

Now to think which gun I should try to do next.
VriskaSerket
a.k.a Squig

Postby ThrashfanBert1994 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:23 am

someone should make a crossbow welding marine sprite
ThrashfanBert1994

Postby Captain J » Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:03 am

Looks good now, but have you ever considered to make the limb short? It looks much longer than strife's crossbow.

Also it reminds me of crossbow-like weapon as well, which it's much bigger.
Captain J
That's Amoreee

Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Postby torridgristle » Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:27 am

Set up a needlessly complex material in Blender to try and get it stylized, didn't pay off.
torridgristle
Sprites will be 120% tall in the game.

Postby VriskaSerket » Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:38 am

Captain J wrote:Looks good now, but have you ever considered to make the limb short? It looks much longer than strife's crossbow.

Also it reminds me of crossbow-like weapon as well, which it's much bigger.

Well, sprites can be resized ingame, right?
VriskaSerket
a.k.a Squig

Postby torridgristle » Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:59 am

It looks a lot better if it's the right size to begin with, and if they have perspective.
torridgristle

Postby VriskaSerket » Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:38 am

torridgristle wrote:It looks a lot better if it's the right size to begin with, and if they have perspective.

I assume that by perspective you mean vanishing point? Because it does have it, though the original resize kind of made it hard to see.
And how can I resize it further without loosing too much detail?
VriskaSerket
a.k.a Squig

Postby torridgristle » Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:50 am

Boost the contrast of the details with a sharpen before resizing, draw in new details post resizing. Don't go too far with the sharpen or you'll get glowing edges. Is the vanishing point the centre of the screen, because it looks straight up and down.
torridgristle

Postby Slax » Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:54 am

VriskaSerket wrote:Bow Gun

Now that there's a beauty.
torridgristle wrote:Image

Set up a needlessly complex material in Blender to try and get it stylized, didn't pay off.

Probably gonna need some more light on the rear.
Slax
Saucy.

Postby Gez » Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:09 pm

zrrion the insect wrote:Image
I have made a thing.

So it needs to have a timer to disable the automap powerup once the batteries are drained (after about 30 seconds). Also it needs to prevent the use of all high tech weapons, because they are not compatible.
Gez

Postby YukiHerz » Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:05 pm

Also should be incompatible with the marine's suit so it needs an adapter for his buttpack.
YukiHerz
Expensive pasta dude

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: Intel (Legacy GZDoom)

Postby BigBox141 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:07 pm

Mr.Enchanter wrote:As for that Hio hand sprite, perhaps this is a little closer? Instead of a leather jacket, I used JoeyTD's extended hand sprite sheet, and messed with the saturation and brightness of the hands from Blood.

That's what I did actually, it just didn't come out so well. The jacket part, I just used some "Agent-Zero" sleeve sprite sheet I found in my resources, and I the hand saturation part I didn't do a good enough job on.
BigBox141
I don't think I don anything anymore, whatever.

Location: Some base over on Deimos, testing portal devices and stuff.

Postby osjclatchford » Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:43 am

torridgristle wrote:Image

love this but the hand needs better shading on the back is all... would love to see a complete set...
osjclatchford

Postby adamaH_oriH » Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:57 am

Mr.Enchanter wrote:
VriskaSerket wrote:So my inner obsession with Resident Evil 2 led me to making some gun sprites. Decided to start with Claire's "Bow Gun", the miraculous crossbow that fires 3 arrows at once for some reason!
Ahh, what a nice preview!

Spoiler:

Excellent work, almost to good for me to ask if it's a model rip, but those as a whole have been getting much better recently.

As for that Hio hand sprite, perhaps this is a little closer? Instead of a leather jacket, I used JoeyTD's extended hand sprite sheet, and messed with the saturation and brightness of the hands from Blood.

Lighten jacket part up quite a bit (looks a bit too dark), and center version should do, could be a simple Doomguy pistol hand edit...
Go download the 'Dr Who Doom 2 TC' from IDGames by Andrew Brockhouse, and have the shotgun (Cyberman gun) and pistol (Sonic screwdriver). Edit those sprites to blue jacket, and have pictures of Hiro (NO SUIT) as a reference. I would do it but here's the problem:
Other than our phones, my house has been COMPLETELY stripped from internet, and I'm too busy with other sprites.
adamaH_oriH
Commander of Hiro Hamada's Army

Postby MetallicaSepultura » Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:13 am

little sprite i've made for the protagonist of Angst Rahz Revenge Total Conversion, Werner Mueller.

actually not a used sprite, my idea was to make also the character prerendered... just like the weapons and enemies.
this is more like a little test reference.

don't know why but.. in the original game the character is never seen, nor mentioned.
but in my idea i always pictured him like a blonde mop-head guy. (or also redhead, but less suitable maybe for a german protagonist)
MetallicaSepultura
Taking the Angst, setting Revenge

PreviousNext

Return to General