[SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Postby scalliano » Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:29 pm

Marty Kirra wrote:Nice! I was actually planning on doing crouching sprites for the player character of my mod, but knowing how fast you are you'll be done before I get to it.

Bar Eriance's tweaks, those are all mainly frankensprites. I just used the stock ZDoom crouch frames as a guide. What I will say is that this set will be the absolute bare bones - the same as the Doomguy crouch set minus the death frames.
scalliano
Socially Distant

Postby Captain J » Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:05 pm

please god speed to finish her skin and let us hope somebody made her into a bot for skull...i mean zandronum. :D
also put her voice would be decent too.

cortlong50 wrote:Image
nice trying for muzzle flash, but it's bit paint-ish. other muzzle flashes does blurry. i hope you're good at photoshopping.
Captain J
That's Amoreee

Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Postby scalliano » Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:27 am

Captain J wrote:please god speed to finish her skin and let us hope somebody made her into a bot for skull...i mean zandronum. :D

She already is. You can even do:
Code: Select allExpand view
addbot "scalliano"

Minus the crouch frames at the moment - they're now done but they're for something very specific which I'll be talking more about when I finally get ToPII buried. I also want to do the same for the male one before I put them out.
scalliano
Socially Distant

Postby Captain J » Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:49 am

but too bad these's no more editional voices every voices are come from other skins. the voice is the important part for make her character editional.
Captain J
That's Amoreee

Postby scalliano » Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:55 am

I'd love to be able to give her a unique voice, but we're a bit strapped for female voice actors in the Doom community.
scalliano
Socially Distant

Postby Captain J » Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:59 am

if you got something to record, you can add her voices yourself. beside, she is your own character atferall. bit good idea, isn't it? well if you're not busy.
Captain J
That's Amoreee

Postby osjclatchford » Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:59 am

ok, trying to create an explosive xdeath for a caco much like the pain-elemental death. I figured they share the same genetic ancestry so why not. kind of like the caco-fireball backfires! heres the worksheet
CACO_gibbage.PNG
As you can see its based off of the caco, the cacogibs a pain elemental and a recoloured rocket blast.

this is the best I can do but its not perfect...If anyone wants to tweak or perfect these, mind, I'd love to see it done!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by osjclatchford on Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
osjclatchford

Postby Ghostbreed » Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:01 am

osjclatchford wrote:ok, trying to create an explosive xdeath for a caco much like the pain-elemental death. I figured they share the same genetic ancestry so why not. kind of like the caco-fireball backfires! heres the worksheet
CACO_gibbage.PNG
As you can see its based off of the caco, the cacogibs a pain elemental and a recoloured rocket blast.

this is the best I can do but its not perfect...If anyone wants to tweak or perfect these, mind, I'd love to see it done!

Nice so far :)
Ghostbreed
Cue the music
Banned User

Postby Sgt. Shivers » Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:02 am

Looks pretty good so far, but I think there should be a frame between the blink frame and the first explode frame.
Sgt. Shivers

Discord: Sgt. Shivers #4769

Postby osjclatchford » Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:07 am

thanks.

the idea is to use the first two normal death-frames then lead on to my new four. looks quite good in game especially with a boom deathsound.

I'm quite pleased with all frames but the first...
thats what I've struggled with. I'd like to see it look more like the pain-elemental alternative.
comparison.PNG
I feel it needs to look more 'ruptured' but I cant seem to get it to look right...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
osjclatchford

Postby Captain J » Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:26 am

decent death for extreme death, but second frame's blood is bit bright. maybe pain elemental can be explode by lost soul's flames and gases, caco never had a explosive thingies from their inside. or they does have a gas too?
Captain J
That's Amoreee

Postby osjclatchford » Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:30 am

its intended to be a blue explosion. not blood.
caco's fire explosive ball lighting.
...I figured they share the same genetic ancestry so why not. kind of like the caco-fireball backfires!...
osjclatchford

Postby Captain J » Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:33 am

must be the same ancestry i think. i mean above floating demons from the other wads and mods are always had a circle bodies. anyway sounds good to me, carry on.
Captain J
That's Amoreee

Postby osjclatchford » Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:25 am

Sgt. Shivers wrote:Looks pretty good so far, but I think there should be a frame between the blink frame and the first explode frame.

ok I tried to give that frame another proper go...
CACO_gibbage.PNG
what say you?
Last edited by osjclatchford on Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
osjclatchford

Postby Cardboard Marty » Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:40 am

Variety is the spice of life!
Cardboard Marty
"WHAT??? YOU are telling me the guy just updates when ever he wants?"

Discord: Cardboard Marty#1337
Twitch ID: CarlosAtBV
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

PreviousNext

Return to General