[SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
Enjay

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Post by Enjay »

Sgt Nate V wrote:Jokes aside, maybe something like a random mix of super-bullets and plasma bolts.
I shied away from suggesting some sort of multi-flavoured tutti frutti attack because this enemy looks very much like it belongs in the original Doom, where no enemies have attacks like that (unless you count the two variations of the revenant missile or the spread types of the mancubus - which I don't because they basically look the same but with behavioural differences) and because such multi attacks have, to me, been very characteristic of Realm667 added-on enemies. Nothing wrong with that per se but I just didn't feel it suited the look of this enemy.
Vostyok wrote:

Maiden England.

Reposted from the Discord chat.
Now that needs a full set of sprites, a full TC to go with it and some kick ass tunes playing in the background. In fact, I know just the band to record them. Do you think they'd be up for it? :lol:
Vostyok
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Post by Vostyok »

The only downside is the Iron Maiden/Ion Maiden confusion would go up to 11.

Edit: I think that Spider-Enforcer could go for a semi-rapid fire missile attack with a small AOE. Not too powerful, but enough to hurt. Since only Cyberdemon has splash attacks in vanilla.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Vostyok wrote:The only downside is the Iron Maiden/Ion Maiden confusion would go up to 11.
Definitely appropriate. :)

And, yeah, I think your suggestion for the Enforcer would work well... if the enforcer ever existed.
CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

agaures wrote:So have you ever looked at the SpiderMastermind, and then the Arachnotron, and thought "there should be a third."

Well i did.

Although i don't know what he's meant to shoot.
How about dual plasma guns to echo the D64 variant of the Arachnotron.
Vegeta(dw)

Post by Vegeta(dw) »

agaures wrote: Although i don't know what he's meant to shoot.
That's a lovely monster. I'd give it a bfg
Assassin of Purity
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by Assassin of Purity »

How about a flamethrower or rocket launcher?
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

BFG10K-style shots from Quake III. So... less powerful than BFG balls, but way more powerful than standard plasma balls.
Skelegant
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Skelegant »

Give 'er some angry little teeth :D
toothy mcspiderheimer.png
toothy mcspiderheimer.png (5.66 KiB) Viewed 683 times
I think a shotgun blast of small plasma balls would work well, with a brief warmup and warning sound. It'd be as lethal as the Mastermind up close but less annoying than the arachnotrons at long range (specifically those two shitheads guarding the Icon in plutonia map30)
EffinghamHuffnagel

Post by EffinghamHuffnagel »

Skelegant wrote:Give 'er some angry little teeth :D
toothy mcspiderheimer.png
I think a shotgun blast of small plasma balls would work well, with a brief warmup and warning sound. It'd be as lethal as the Mastermind up close but less annoying than the arachnotrons at long range (specifically those two shitheads guarding the Icon in plutonia map30)
But to be consistent with the other members of that 'family', which don't stop shooting once they start (until you're out of sight), it would have to be a regular stream of something. How about small grenades? Not as fast as plasma or bullets; maybe one shot every second. Unless it's a direct hit, they would take a few seconds to explode. You could run and avoid them as they bounce around. And since the Grenade Launcher was introduced in Skulltag, I can't think of any monsters I've run into that use grenades, even among the human types at Realm667.
Pixel Eater

Location: In between the Moon and you, between the buried and me.

Post by Pixel Eater »

I've seen an image of the Mastermind with a psychic attack which got cut from the game. It had it's arms raised from memory. Could a half Archvile, half BFG tracer attack work?

Edit: Here 'tis.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

CeeJay wrote:How about dual plasma guns to echo the D64 variant of the Arachnotron.
Since some Arachnotron variants shoots Railgun hitscan, why not add it some A_RailAttack? :P
Skelegant
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Skelegant »

Grenades might work but a repeating plasma shotty would be better at long range.
Pixel Eater wrote:I've seen an image of the Mastermind with a psychic attack which got cut from the game. It had it's arms raised from memory. Could a half Archvile, half BFG tracer attack work?
That might work better for a boss type monster, maybe something like this
ImageImage
Pixel Eater

Location: In between the Moon and you, between the buried and me.

Post by Pixel Eater »

Oooh very nice :D
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

At least with fire on the hands like that it doesn't look quite so ridiculous. The "put your hands up for Detroit" pose looks utterly daft on the mastermind IMO. It's somewhere between a rave pose and a wooops I'm falling off my platform pose. :lol:
el armadillo2

Post by el armadillo2 »

agaures wrote:So have you ever looked at the SpiderMastermind, and then the Arachnotron, and thought "there should be a third."

Well i did.

Although i don't know what he's meant to shoot.
Didn't i see this before?

Return to “General”