[SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
Enjay

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Post by Enjay »

BFG wrote:and tried to think of a way that the sewer creature from Dark Forces could be used in a Doom map, without it popping out of a liquid texture, it would move around like that slime monster in Corr7
The Hexen serpent class would probably help there: [wiki]Classes:Serpent[/wiki]. Or maybe you just need the [wiki]Actor_flags#CANTLEAVEFLOORPIC[/wiki] flag (making it stay on whatever floor texture it was placed on) and want to code the rest of the behaviour yourself?
RSSwizard

Post by RSSwizard »

Over in resources a doom palette version of my recent wraith fireball rip was requested, and I delivered it. However the plasma version was bright blue as you might expect. Though the btsx version was sort of a colder, potentially cryo projectile so I modified it with doompal in mind to be abit darker.

As you would expect its gonna be nasty... but consider that if you have Renderstyle Add, with a diminishing tail, and its going relatively fast the garbling in the projectile might actually look pretty cool.

Edit: Ive also added a darker plasma sprite for being used with a diminishing tail at lower opacities so that it doesnt look like it has a washed out center glow. This one is kinda universal for blue plasma.
Attachments
PlasmaAfterimage.png
PlasmaAfterimage.png (2.31 KiB) Viewed 1030 times
MCNastyPlasma.png
MCNastyPlasma.png (2.08 KiB) Viewed 1070 times
VriskaSerket
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by VriskaSerket »

ZioMcCall wrote:
VriskaSerket wrote:Big Fortress Gun
Hmmm,dunno for witch weapon of TF2 could be a cool reskin.
It's a Cow Mangler mod.
ZioMcCall

Post by ZioMcCall »

VriskaSerket wrote:
ZioMcCall wrote:
VriskaSerket wrote:Big Fortress Gun
Hmmm,dunno for witch weapon of TF2 could be a cool reskin.
It's a Cow Mangler mod.
Will be cool use this shitty Rocket launcher XD
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

I don't think term Shitty describes this skin with respect. Also it replaces soldier's another weapon called cow mangler 5000. It acts like rocket launcher, but instead it's energetic.

And i think this skin looks just fine, except such kind style won't gonna fit the doom style.
ZioMcCall

Post by ZioMcCall »

Captain J wrote:I don't think term Shitty describes this skin with respect. Also it replaces soldier's another weapon called cow mangler 5000. It acts like rocket launcher, but instead it's energetic.

And i think this skin looks just fine, except such kind style won't gonna fit the doom style.
I meaning that the Cow mangler is shitty,not the skin.Seriously,the cow mangler is good vs other players but don't deal damage at other sentries.It's always better use the stock Rocket launcher or the Original,if you love Quake.
Redead-ITA

Post by Redead-ITA »

I used that skin in game banana before it was posted here
it had a glitch in wich set all the rocket launchers Like it positioned the BFG so Down and not on your shoulder
and thats i had to remove it later
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

ZioMcCall wrote:I meaning that the Cow mangler is shitty,not the skin.Seriously,the cow mangler is good vs other players but don't deal damage at other sentries.It's always better use the stock Rocket launcher or the Original,if you love Quake.
Besides of cow mangler, every weapons has their disadvantages. But at least it's your opinion i can respect.
Jeimuzu73

Post by Jeimuzu73 »

Soviet MG Jeep concept for my upcoming mod.
BFG

Post by BFG »

Enjay wrote:
BFG wrote:and tried to think of a way that the sewer creature from Dark Forces could be used in a Doom map, without it popping out of a liquid texture, it would move around like that slime monster in Corr7
The Hexen serpent class would probably help there: [wiki]Classes:Serpent[/wiki]. Or maybe you just need the [wiki]Actor_flags#CANTLEAVEFLOORPIC[/wiki] flag (making it stay on whatever floor texture it was placed on) and want to code the rest of the behaviour yourself?
Thanks for the tips Enjay :) I forgot to mention in my previous post that I made the sprites awhile ago and was thinking of sending them to Lex Safonov for her Dark Forces randomizer wad, which would mean the monster would not be deliberately placed in the map and could appear anywhere, I did think of putting in a feature suggestion of random spawners that only drop certian monsters down if they are standing on set textures, that way monsters like the HeXen Stalker could be used in spawners.
Since I heard about that there's a part of P_LineOpening which reads which texture an enemy is standing on.
Carbine Dioxide

Post by Carbine Dioxide »

Snub nose revolver time.
Attachments
SnubNose.png
SnubNose.png (8.25 KiB) Viewed 716 times
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

^ Fucking Cool.
Here's some fresh radiation suits i've made. The first one i made and some color variations for those who like radsuits.

Gez

Post by Gez »

GAA1992 wrote:some color variations for those who like ravesuits

Let's uphold our glorious traditions.
Last edited by Gez on Sun Oct 16, 2016 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

Lemme guess... Colorful Hell?
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Gez wrote:some color variations for those who like ravesuits
I see that pun in there, HAHAH, Hazmat disco party.

I just made them these colors to avoid having only a white lonely one, so, if you want to use them, paint them, feel free DoomKraken.

Return to “General”