[SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
REXMaster

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Post by REXMaster »

Gez wrote:Those orange dots look weird. They should probably either be gunbarrel black, or have some sort of visible glow.
It's a dynamic lights. Also it's a how will it looks like in gzdoom with pbr, there are no bloom(((
Assassin of Purity
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by Assassin of Purity »

ZikShadow wrote:Was playing Defragmentation for a bit, got mildly irritated at the Duke hands for the glowstick viewsprite, tried doing something about it.

That could work for a horror mod.
CWolf

Post by CWolf »

Image - just need to finish this friendly mech.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

That mech looks super awesome and big at the same time!
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

I can't help but see it has having a Lancaster bomber front gun turret as a cod piece! :shock: :lol:

The sprite do look cool though.
CWolf

Post by CWolf »

Image d'oh
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Nice metal texture! Also that Green turtle shell chest is a nice touch. :P
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

I'm not sure how I expected the final version to look, but it wasn't that. I really like it.

Are any of these likely to become full sprite sets or are you just doing front views for fun/practice?
el armadillo2

Post by el armadillo2 »

Enjay wrote:I'm not sure how I expected the final version to look, but it wasn't that. I really like it.

Are any of these likely to become full sprite sets or are you just doing front views for fun/practice?
They're for The People's Doom.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Oh cool. I didn't realise that was still ongoing (or maybe resurrected). If those sprites are any indication of how it's going to be, it'll be a very nice, interesting and different project.
Ravick

Post by Ravick »

Assassin of Purity wrote:
ZikShadow wrote:Was playing Defragmentation for a bit, got mildly irritated at the Duke hands for the glowstick viewsprite, tried doing something about it.

That could work for a horror mod.
There is one in "Ghoul Realms: Torn City", a horror pwad. I borrowed those sprites as place holders for my 'Mindfuck' pwad.

Uh... would you make pick up sprites? Also, isn't it a little too big? It looks like I could beat demons with it. :o
REXMaster

Post by REXMaster »

Hi dudes, i though that 2d is soo boring and I decided to finish with zdoom :cry: , but now I have a lot of experience in 3d with this demons maybe I will make them in 3d with support for PBR and improved DOOM-inspired AI, what you all think about it?

Frame rate will fit standarts of Smooth Doom, original animations, textures, sounds.

I wanna start from mancubi, but if you all want someone else i can hear your suggestions.
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Kinsie »

REXMaster wrote:i though that 2d is soo boring
No it's not.
REXMaster wrote:now I have a lot of experience in 3d
No you don't.
REXMaster wrote:maybe I will make them in 3d with support for PBR and improved DOOM-inspired AI
REXMaster wrote:Frame rate will fit standarts of Smooth Doom, original animations, textures, sounds.
You should actually start making something before you start spouting off feature lists. Otherwise you're basically the multicore guy.
REXMaster

Post by REXMaster »

Kinsie wrote:No you don't.
Kinsie wrote:You should actually start making something before you start spouting off feature lists. Otherwise you're basically the multicore guy.
Ahahahhaha!

Most models and textures are actually ripped, ai understood, sounds ripped, *.blend files still here from old 2d project, scripts are written i need to rewrite them on Decorate.

Proof -
https://youtu.be/V7-OzrB_bdA
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Kinsie »

REXMaster wrote:Proof -
https://youtu.be/V7-OzrB_bdA
Interesting. Nothing to do with spriting and therefore nothing to do with this thread, but I'll throw my hands up and happily admit you've accomplished more than I thought you had.

Not too keen on some of that material work, though - that Hell Knight in the Workshop page screenshots looks like it's just the basetexture, the rest seem to be kind of lacking in how their de-HDRification was handled compared to, say, BlueFlytrap's mesh-stacking tricks in the SFM ports... I guess GMod doesn't have the CustomHero shader or whatever, though...
REXMaster wrote:scripts are written i need to rewrite them on Decorate
I thought you said you weren't doing GZDoom stuff anymore? Unless you're counting "ZDoom" as 2D only and "GZDoom" as 3D models only, which is dumb and also ZDoom's been dead for quite a while.

Return to “General”