[SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
Flynn Taggart

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Post by Flynn Taggart »

Edited from a render of the Halo Reach shotgun I found. Motivation has sorta fizzled lately.
raymoohawk wrote:the idea is that the baron would be a sort of galactic hunter, like the predator. he is decorated with parts of his victims, such as the mask. his arm cannon would be powered by the still living head of the knight
Interesting concept, to say the lest. Looking forward to how it turns out.
amv2k9

Post by amv2k9 »

raymoohawk wrote:Image
I still can't unsee it being a Chozo with a colorful headdress though :p
Last edited by amv2k9 on Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheRailgunner

Post by TheRailgunner »

Flynn Taggart wrote:Image
Edited from a render of the Halo Reach shotgun I found. Motivation has sorta fizzled lately.
Any chance you can post a handless version? I might be able to make something smexy with it...
Carbine Dioxide

Post by Carbine Dioxide »

That gave me a good idea, but I executed it poorly.
Attachments
Good but Poorly Executed Idea.png
Good but Poorly Executed Idea.png (13.18 KiB) Viewed 716 times
Flynn Taggart

Post by Flynn Taggart »

TheRailgunner wrote:Any chance you can post a handless version?
Carbine Dioxide

Post by Carbine Dioxide »

Working on a Bull pup MP40...
Attachments
Bullpup Prototype.png
Bullpup Prototype.png (6.64 KiB) Viewed 669 times
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

raymoohawk wrote:more progress on the eliminator
okay i think my answer is unfair, because the rockets are artificial, and the fireballs are natural

i put this thing together just as a possible idea of how to solve the problem and keep the two monsters different, if i do go with this option i will make sure to make it look better integrated and not like a sock puppet like it does now

the idea is that the baron would be a sort of galactic hunter, like the predator. he is decorated with parts of his victims, such as the mask. his arm cannon would be powered by the still living head of the knight
about the missile launcher problem, why don't you add it an extra arms with a missile launcher on it's shoulder? Or the face made out of it?

And about baron, neat idea. But the head's color is pretty weird to see. You know, looks like a clown. And how can you explain that lizardman and this guy is friend each other and immune to each other's attacks?
raymoohawk

Post by raymoohawk »

yeah the eliminator will have a rocket launcher on one of its shoulders, i just keep forgetting to add it, the barons upper body will be redesigned, i may keep the mask but not the weird headress, the color scheme will be gray and gold (amv, your right it does look like a chozo :) ) the idea was that the "chozo" is some sort of hunter and the lizardmen are sort of his enslaved hounds
Last edited by raymoohawk on Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gifty

Post by Gifty »

kaos_2211 wrote:Hello people! Here I share my arsenal of zombies, Doom Trigger : Revenge :mrgreen:
unfortunately I have not yet finished :cry:
but maybe this can give you an idea for your projects :)
Say, uh, this is pretty swell! Do you have regular flesh-colored versions of any of those?
Nash

Post by Nash »

raymoohawk wrote:well the players rockets are the same as the cyberdemons, but they dont look similar

more progress on the eliminator

EDIT

okay i think my answer is unfair, because the rockets are artificial, and the fireballs are natural

i put this thing together just as a possible idea of how to solve the problem and keep the two monsters different, if i do go with this option i will make sure to make it look better integrated and not like a sock puppet like it does now

the idea is that the baron would be a sort of galactic hunter, like the predator. he is decorated with parts of his victims, such as the mask. his arm cannon would be powered by the still living head of the knight
I love this art style a lot. Are these hand drawn? Are you making a side scroller mod?
Flynn Taggart

Post by Flynn Taggart »

Nash wrote:I love this art style a lot. Are these hand drawn? Are you making a side scroller mod?
They're intended to fill in for the placeholder monsters for Freedoom. with the above being the Revenant and the Baron (I think) respectively.
Nash

Post by Nash »

Sweet. The art style is perfect, it's so Doomy.
armymen12002003
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by armymen12002003 »

raymoohawk wrote:yeah the eliminator will have a rocket launcher on one of its shoulders, i just keep forgetting to add it, the barons upper body will be redesigned, i may keep the mask but not the weird headress, the color scheme will be gray and gold (amv, your right it does look like a chozo :) )
I love your replacements for the freedoom monsters so far, are you gonna be replaces the shitty ss sprite to?
raymoohawk

Post by raymoohawk »

thanks guys :) , nash, those two sprites are done drawn from scratch, but the eliminators design is heavily inspired by vaders terminator. armymen, yes the ss sprite is going to be replaced, but we are discussing if we should make it fit in with the other monsters or look like it came from another game like in doom

im still working on the design of this guy, this is another possibility

(ill probably change the parts that where red back to red)
gerolf

Post by gerolf »

I'd say make a unique Nazi character or something to replace the SS guard :)

Return to “General”