[SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
Gothic

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Post by Gothic »

CaptainToenail wrote:Image

Your soul will burn in Hell! Hehehehehehe! Behold the shape of things to come! mwahahahahahaha hehehehe!
more like:
"!eheheheh ahahahahahahawm !emoc ot sgniht fo epash eht dloheB !eheheheheheH !lleH ni nrub lliw luos ruoY"
RaVeN-05

Post by RaVeN-05 »

its not my work but it looks hexenish
ImageImageImage
UnTrustable

Post by UnTrustable »

RaVeN-05 wrote:Image
It looks little, but as far as i can see it, this would look good as being some electrical-face monster.
Ill store this picture in case i am bored :P and maybe someday, there will be some electrical-face monster.

My work of today and yesterday.....
I never saw the back side of Hitler's mech suit, but from seeing those red colored tubes connected to his glass helmet,
i assumed it was there for breathing or so.
To that kind of logical thinking a choose to put up 2 air cylinder on his back.... red colored.... just to bring back that specific color symmetry.
I choose to give him a round air cylinder, since that is still one of the standard shapes for aircylinder these days.
I hope, users can accept this idea.
Ofcourse when everything is done, and someone chooses to change something on him, like the shape of the air cylinder...., you are free to do so.
CruX

Post by CruX »

@ NMN_Paul, BigProjectAlone & UnTrustable: I'm a bit late with the praise, but mother of god you guys are amazing.

In other news, check out my infinitely mediocre stuff;
Concept frame for the protagonist of an up-and-coming project. It's a mish-mash of several different sources, and a ton of layer-work was involved (all-told that one frame took me like, fifteen minutes) so this one's going to be pretty slow-growing.
Gez

Post by Gez »

UnTrustable wrote:My work of today and yesterday.....
The crevice on the sternum seems too slanted on the 2/8 rotation.

It ends visibly to the right of where the legs are separated.
UnTrustable

Post by UnTrustable »

Gez wrote:The crevice on the sternum seems too slanted on the 2/8 rotation.

It ends visibly to the right of where the legs are separated.
Yep, you are right. I now see it too. :? It happend when i wider up the leg.
His behind/upper area of his leg didnt fit his torso, and thats where i made this mistake.
But no problem, i've got saved every area into layers, so i can fix it in seconds.

ImageImageImageImageImage
Fixed... :wink:
Gez

Post by Gez »

Better, but I'm still not totally happy. Now the chest plate closer to us seems smaller than the other, when perspective would have the other way around. What do you think of this?
Blox

Post by Blox »

Uh, guys, guys..
HI
Gez

Post by Gez »

You're kinda losing the volume by doing that. The plates aren't vertical.
UnTrustable

Post by UnTrustable »

I dont know.
In the complete sprite rotation -A2, feeling-wise, i can't find any deviation.
Yeah, maybe when you count every pixel, than maybe so there is.
You see, if i move that sternum abit more, or change its angle somehow, the picture might not come out the
way it should be.
I guess, i'll leave it for now as the way it is now....

Any alteration can be performed later on.
I mean, i can't allow myself to stand still very long for just 1 or 2 sprites that seems or looks to be incorrect, just because a feeling says so.
As how it works in my head, as soon as i stop or delay for to long the spriting-rhythm, the more the chance i will give up, sort of.... :?
Lets say for now, that this sprite set is a base layout for more or other sprite sets, or to alter them (improving).
As soon as the whole mech-sprite set is done, we can make the tiny alterations to it.
Or... maybe you guys try the things you wanna try out to improve Hitlers mech suit.
Any help is ofcourse always welcome.
NeuralStunner

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by NeuralStunner »

Globe wrote:Concept frame for the protagonist of an up-and-coming project. It's a mish-mash of several different sources, and a ton of layer-work was involved (all-told that one frame took me like, fifteen minutes) so this one's going to be pretty slow-growing.
Looks pretty cool! But for the love of Batman, cover the chest. "Hawtness" be damned, it's just a mass of pixels, and it would be a very refreshing change. :P
UnTrustable

Post by UnTrustable »

Nah, i think i see some white shirt or something underneath her armor.
So nothing to worry about, unless you pervert, wanna see things, what you wanna see :D

Globe, awesome work.
I would like to see more women (skins).
Gez

Post by Gez »

It's just that there is no reason for armor to have cleavage, regardless of whether or not there's a shirt behind. There's no joint here, so you can't say you're sacrificing protection for increased mobility. And what's inside the chest is just stuff like the heart and lungs, the kind of organs that are kinda non-optional for continued life.
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

Gez wrote:And what's inside the chest is just stuff like the heart and lungs, the kind of organs that are kinda non-optional for continued life.
Pfft, I've been without lungs for the past few years, and I know a tin-man who gets along perfectly well without a heart. :P

But yeah, seconded. Armor sets like this really don't help much.
CruX

Post by CruX »

NeuralStunner wrote:Looks pretty cool! But for the love of Batman, cover the chest. "Hawtness" be damned, it's just a mass of pixels, and it would be a very refreshing change. :P
Eh, for whatever it's worth (which probably isn't much since Gez said it still wouldn't make any sense) there is a white undershirt, so some degree of modesty is still in tact. The motif on the chest really had nothing to do with "hawtness" so much as it just didn't look right black, which was the first recolor I did. The original sprite was designed with that neck-line, so the edges of the vest where her chest is are dark, and recoloring the middle of her chest black wouldn't fit the aliasing (or whatever you'd call it). Course, I could try to edit that part of the sprite to where it looked right, but for every frame where its visible, that's going to take a lot of work that just feels a bit pointless ultimately.

Return to “General”